SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I guess you came to all this by reading old posts.

Back in the days, the old rep-system worked differently. You could rep posts but not as much as you liked. After some reps, your rep-power was empty hence some people posted “outta repâ€. You also couldn’t rep always the same people but you also had to rep others in between. The term “gotta spread†refers to that.

The more rep power you had, the more effect had your rep. If someone with 100000 reputation repped you, it had more “meaning†if someone with only 100 reputation repped you.

You also weren’t able to rep yourself like you can do it now (yes I’m looking at you ghoul. Where’s the point if you perma-rep yourself? It gets meaningless… It should be pretty clear that you like what you post, otherwise just don’t post it).

All in all, if you think a rep-system is necessary IMO the old system was better (or I’m just nostalgic)

@Cold Summer: the high rep-power you see on some guys is a relict of the old system, where one rep from a person with high rep-power gave you way more than 1 point.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I bought a pair of Kapitals last night. It's a one-wash. I figured it would stretch a bit in the waist.

Now, I'm kind of freaking out b/c i feel like they are too tight.

1) Would they actually stretch?

2) Is there a way to stretch?

I live close to a Kapital store but I don't think I can do an exchange... (I didn't get them hemmed or anything though)

I've heard conflicting things about getting my jeans hemmed. I have a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guys.

I haven't washed them yet. Should I get them hemmed before or after I wash them for the first time?

If I get it hemmed before ever washing them should I just get them hemmed a bit longer than my actual inseam?

I'm planning on picking up a pair of samurai 710s. I felt like these run kind of small (I tried on a pair last year at BIG and the sz31 LOT14? fit best.)

According to the BIG size charts, the sz 30s are about the same between 710 and 811. Experience or suggestion?

I've heard conflicting things about getting my jeans hemmed. I have a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guys.

I haven't washed them yet. Should I get them hemmed before or after I wash them for the first time?

If I get it hemmed before ever washing them should I just get them hemmed a bit longer than my actual inseam?

You should definitely wash first.. just incase they shrink in length more than you thought they would. The only reason to get them hemmed before, would be to make the hem job look as "washed" as the rest of the jean.. (small price to pay for a better fit.)

Can anyone tell me how much does 20oz sanforized denim stretch? They are kinda tight right now but a lot of people suggest sizing down and letting jeans stretch to a nice fit..Or does that only work on lighter denim?

I'm looking for a nice dark/charcoal grey/black sweater made from nice soft yet rugged wool, hoping for merino wool.

I know most wools shrink in the wash etc, but I have a 100% merino wool baselayer that can be washed and dried, food for thought.

Basically looking for a good source of durable wool sweaters in the US that wont break the bank and perform well and look rugged and badass

thanks

Can anyone tell me how much does 20oz sanforized denim stretch? They are kinda tight right now but a lot of people suggest sizing down and letting jeans stretch to a nice fit..Or does that only work on lighter denim?

It works for ALL denim, the tighter they are, the more they stretch. When the fabric is tougher you can expext a little less stretch. How much exactly I don't know. Hopefully someone who had a heavy denim could answer that.

Exapmple: I red on a forum (not sure anymore where i red it) that somebody downsized the ele2 and couldn't button up... But after a while they stretched and the problem was solved.

I'm looking for a nice dark/charcoal grey/black sweater made from nice soft yet rugged wool, hoping for merino wool.

I know most wools shrink in the wash etc, but I have a 100% merino wool baselayer that can be washed and dried, food for thought.

Basically looking for a good source of durable wool sweaters in the US that wont break the bank and perform well and look rugged and badass

thanks

Perhaps not rugged, but you can get a decent merino jumper from Uniqlo, machine washable too.

What are you now Hoggy, a goose?!

Have you considered Edwin Nashville - highish rise, room in the thigh and tapered leg? You can get them in the UK for £100-120 and if they don't fit, you can return/exchange for a low cost. I have had 5 pairs of Waynesvilles (still have 2). They're great value. Worth a try?

You have Denime...so Osaka5 is already covered ;)

For heavy, you know that there are Samurai, Ironheart and PBJ (also others).

Custon = OOE (since DV is not possible) or Artist Denim

For Cone stuff...I'm no expert. Maybe Left Field, Tellason, Railcar

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic