SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I was thinking of getting 2 pairs of the following 3:

Strike Gold SG1103

PBJ 003xx

Samurai S710VX

Are any of them too similar in quality/fading properties for me to bother getting both of?

Thanks!

Edited by PhillyFresh

i have a pair of 1103 ex. you know that those are pretty generous cut, right? the have pretty slim thighs. sams are slim. i like the look of pbj fades the most. the others seem like they're trying too hard to fade and not hard enough to be well made jeans. maybe i'm wrong, but that's me.

I was thinking of getting 2 pairs of the following 3:

Strike Gold SG1103

PBJ 003xx

Samurai S710VX

Are any of them too similar in quality/fading properties for me to bother getting both of?

Thanks!

Thanks wgmds, Im still looking for SG measurements but, from what I've seen on BIG for Sam710, I like the measurements (unless they shrink beyond my expectations).

Look looking for more elaboration on my question.

^ Don't do it!

The last time I took my jeans to a tailor and asked for a tapir, I ended up with this:

264158297_1f7776214a.jpg

I know the purists here don't approve of tapering but it can be done, provided you're not looking for an extreme taper and you use the right people. I did it with Schaeffers's Garment and they did and amazing completely unnoticeable job. Of course I'm sure it helped that all I was doing was asking them to make a straight leg that was slightly bootcut into a true straight leg. I don't know what kind of taper you're looking for but if it's not too crazy, I'd recommend them.

alright people, a question that has been bothering me in my search for new jeans..might seem a little dumb, but here it goes

how much difference in measurement in a part of a jeans actually makes a visual difference, or changes the feel and fit of the jean?

eg: in the waist a 10" measurement versus a 10.5" or in the leg opening, 6.5" versus 6.75" or even 7"?

I ask because I'm looking for skinny jeans, but the lengths are too long so I need to hem, the leg opening will be different since i'm looking at jeans that have taper...

thanks!

^

yes, they're both indigo dyed cotton, and they fade when worn and washed.

from your recent posts it sounds like you should me more worried about fit than the subtle differences between the brands. Just about any of the major brands here (Samurai, FH, PBJ, RJB, Eterenal, Warehouse, LVC, Sugar Cane, Roy, etc, etc) are going to give you a nicely faded and worn pair of jeans (with proper fit and commitment). Find something that's going to fit, and stop worrying about the end result. it will take care of itself.

Yeaaahh that does seem to my issue. I've understood and learned my measurements better. I was just curious if they fade similarly. As in, would it be worth picking up both pairs (PBJ003 and FH3005)

Thanks though!

Not strictly a denim question, but I'm looking for opinions on leather jackets. I'm thinking about the Schott 118L since I'm tall and skinny and there aren't many nice leather jackets suited for someone with my shape. The quality looks great, but I thought I'd ask for feedback from those who've worn similar stuff here. Any other options I should consider?

@phillyfresh my advice would be once you have your sizing figured out, get one pair and stick with them. I don't own either but from pix it appears that FH's and PBJ's are very different in the slubbiness (only thing slubbier than PBJ's would be Oni). I'd get the correct size 3005 and wear them for a good six or seven months, then consider branching out into different fits and denims. you'll be more experienced, know what you want fit and wear wise, and save yourself some $$$.

Ok, I need some advice. I’m planning on getting my first pair of good quality denim. I’m a 36in waist and I got short legs (I prefer a 29 inseam). Anything between 200 and 400 dollar range is what I’m lookin’ for. I used to wear Levi 514 Slim Straights, but after I lost alot of weight they fit too baggy in the leg. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Ok, I need some advice. I’m planning on getting my first pair of good quality denim. I’m a 36in waist and I got short legs (I prefer a 29 inseam). Anything between 200 and 400 dollar range is what I’m lookin’ for. I used to wear Levi 514 Slim Straights, but after I lost alot of weight they fit too baggy in the leg. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I would stay on that stair-master and make sure ur mom stops buying twinkies at costco n not worry about some jeans fam...

Edited by Walt Thizzney

@coldsummer: I have your exact bodytype and if I am not wearing higher waisted denim (bomber leather jackets only look good on me with vintage fit denim), the only leather jackets that look good on me are trench coats...

@kelleydenham: I could list a ton of brands within that price range with a Slim Straight cut... You need to ask for something else more specific. Browse around an evo thread to see which end results you like best.

Denime, Warehouse, Flat Head, Samurai and Studio d'Artisan should all have plenty of vintage slim straights, but then again you could find that with Naked and Famous and pay around 200 after tax...

Here you go, the first link will be much easier to use:

http://supertalk.sup...irst-two-posts/

http://supertalk.sup...scones-and-tea/

And since nobody has answered my question yet, I'll assume nobody knows... Can someone apply their Raw Denim Jacket expertise to this question? I assume it's the same thing/very similar.

how do you guys take care of your raw denim shirts? should i just wear layers and try not to sweat in it (to not wash it that often)? or should i just not care, wash it often and get a more vintage fade out of it?

Edited by Poonjo

Thanks for the advice @poonjo! I had been recommended the Naked and Famous Weird Guy fit. That will probably be what I go with at the moment. Do I need to size down with N&F like you have to with A.P.C?

I have a question for you SuperFashionable people... I got tired of wearing Nudie jeans so I'm looking for another brand to jump on. Upon browsing the interwebz I found a brand called Superfine (welp, safety search off = nipples errwhere). I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Superfines are worth buying or not. Are they really Super :D? I Googled the brand, but I just get a bunch of herp derp about Kate Moss and Rihanna wearing 'em.

@setterham: Sounds good, thanks. I'll try to hold off the first wash for as long as I can (wearing undershirts and such) but the last few wears might be for work/longboarding if I can't really wear it in public haha.

@kelleydenham: Naked and Famous Weird Guy is a tapered fit (think carrots). WG is the fit that has the most fabric options and most of the collabs are WGs too.

I was able to go down 2 sizes (!) for Weird Guys, but I'm really skinny. Most people go down a size and a half depending on the denim. They are generous around the waist plus they can always stretch out a bit and you do NOT want to get a saggy ass with tapered denim... Check out www.tateandyoko.com

They have everything that Naked and Famous carries at the moment, They also have measurements although you're better off e-mailing them to ask them exactly how you should size. (Alex from Tate and Yoko will answer all of that very quickly).

@iwishiwasadino: I have never really heard of superfine (had to google it) but I don't think they make Raw Denim (or THAT much...)

I mean, I love being exclusive and all, but I would rather get a tried, tested, a true pair of Raw Denim than a random brand. If you want a more boutique-y denim there ARE a few brands that are known for their quality (not known for who wears them) but that are very exclusive (I'm sure Mr. Christopher Brown from Brown, Deim could make you a custom pair, you would just have to give him your measurements)

I will assume you are a woman, since I could not really find Superfine's collection for men.

You might have to read around, or you could just post exactly what you are looking for in your pair of raw denim, and then people will help you find it.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/59269-raw-for-women/page__hl__%2Bwomen

:( I'm a guy.

Uhh, I don't really want raw denim cause... uh, I'm impatient. I like slim fitting jeans, but I'm too poor to afford the designer labels like Dior and the other expensive brands.

Also, who is Christopher Brown? I like the idea of custom jeans cause then I'd be all hipster and unique, but it sounds pricey. I took a look at that women section and I liked the very first pair lol, Skull jeans or whatever. Kind of makes me want to crossdress... derp.

Are there any brands you can suggest that offer good quality straight cut jeans (that are slim though, kind of hard to explain).

Edited by IWishIWasADino

@dino: Sorry, you were just looking at a women's line of clothing so I assumed...

Well, I don't know nearly as much about the world of washed denim... The only ones I buy are Guess since they last me for SO long and they have unique washes and materials. They should have a few skinnies, but you're either looking for Tapered fit (think carrot) or their traditional Slim Straight... Just walk around a mall somewhere in your area and try a bunch of jeans on, that's the best advice I can offer...

Christopher Brown is the... Well, everything behind Brown, Deim. Amazing man. Amazing hand made raw denim, but you aren't looking for raw...(skull jeans are raw, btw, but they should have men's denim too)

@crat: Depending on your waist size, Naked and Famous's Weird Guy fit sound perfect for you. You could also check Unbranded for some cheaper denim (they have tapered fits too) but Naked and Famous has a huge selection with a few collaborations (more coming). Their new collection is coming out soon too btw. For my size, the leg opening is actually smaller than 8'', but if you're 36-38 waist it'll be around 8.5 or so.

www.tateandyoko.com

Use the search tool, write ''weird guy''. Click on the style you like and check the measurements.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic