SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

warehouse 660 or 800? ^

Edited by wgmds

i've been out of touch lately with japan proxies, but what is the cheapest (but reliable) out there for yahoo auctions?

Have you checked out Sutocorp? I've never used them, but they have a sticky thread in the supermarket.

i'm looking for a pair of wax / treated black denim or perhaps leather pants... what would you guys recommend? right now i'm looking into nudies but have no knowledge at all on this type of denim. thanks.

afaik, nudie are one of the only brands that do the waxed denim thing, so they'd be your best bet. Most brands you'll find on this forum lean towards traditional fabrics and are less likely to offer a waxed version of their jeans. If all else fails, you could wax your own?

been lurkin for awhile on denim. i'm currently in NF regular indigos, and i'm looking for another pair to throw into my rotation. i live in arizona, so i want something that's lightweight for year-round weather, but is still durable. selvedge preferred. also, i'm not into really defined whiskurzz or anything, just want a nice pair of jawnz i can fade out nicely into a natural look. i've looked at:

-apc

-NF deep indigos

any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've been thinking about this as well because I love in an area that's usually pretty hot and dry. I keep on coming back to the Sugar Cane 1947 Type II. 12oz, nice cut, pretty cheap too. I'm thinking I may pick a pair up before summer. You can get them from a few places on Rakuten, and if you're a size 30, I think there's a pair on ebay at the moment.

Oh, I'm working in a pair of 710's at the moment too and I haven't had a real problem with the heat here. Make of that what you will.

have you guys heard of brown, deim? this guy makes some crazy stuff its definitely worth checking out

Saw them on rawr. Interesting . . .

warehouse 660 or 800?

I could have sworn you had a pair of the 660's? If you do, get the 800's for variety?

Ok... so I made a pair of multicolored jeans out of a few other pairs, all new-bought. Have never had much trouble with color bleeding/running before, but these ones... the black sections are already leaving smudges and darkening the other colors. I am seriously concerned what would happen if they got wet, even, let alone went through a wash.

I have heard of using vinegar or salt to set colors... does anyone know, will that be effective even on multicolored jeans? Or am I screwed, and should have done that back before I sewed them together?

Additionally... what is the *best* color-locked brand, as far as black jeans go? Howabout other colors, besides blue? I was wanting to make some other multicolored pairs, including using white, but I want to know that itwill be worth the effort,and will last a while?

warehouse 660 or 800?

You've already got a pair of 660s don't you? 800 should be almost the exact same, just with more rise. I was gonna say try something different like the 1000XX or 15th Anniv 1001XX or one of their Lee 101s.

no, i was responding to the guy above me... whoops!

I just go back from Berlin and paris last week. I asked the same question to Tilman who is in berlin and this was his list (hope you don't mind me posting it b freak):

of course dc4:

www.dc4.de

then you got burg&schild:

http://www.burgundschild.com/

last but not least, 14oz

http://www.14oz-berlin.com/cms/

I only went to 14oz because it was near where i was staying in Alexanderplatz. It is an awesome store overall featuring many different denim brands and the coolest giant jelly fish aquarium behind the cash register.

The search tool isn't helping me cause my terms are all too small. I'm searching for ultra low rise.

I'm 6' tall and 160 pounds and I have a pair of apc petit standards size 30 and I love the way they fit. I've always liked super low rise jeans. These things are awesome. I'm searching for other jeans with super low rise. Now I found the Somet 008's and I think they are exactly what I'm looking for, but I have to wait on those cause my size is out of stock anywhere.

You guys get the idea. I need help finding raw low rise jeans. I want them selvedge also. I think this subject deserves its own thread in the main area. Possibly it exists?

Thanks in advance.

New Raw Denim Enthusiast.

Lately I've been thnking of how the stiffness of a fabric will affect the overall fit of a jeans. Is that true?

As an example, a jeans made of 14oz fabric will have a "sleeker" fit compared to those made of 22oz jeans because a 22oz fabric have the stiffness characteristic which will end up in the fit having unecessary grooves such as those commonly found in the knee area.

Pls do leave a comment on this, thanks!

Lately I've been thnking of how the stiffness of a fabric will affect the overall fit of a jeans. Is that true?

As an example, a jeans made of 14oz fabric will have a "sleeker" fit compared to those made of 22oz jeans because a 22oz fabric have the stiffness characteristic which will end up in the fit having unecessary grooves such as those commonly found in the knee area.

Pls do leave a comment on this, thanks!

Searched a bit, couldn't find anything useful.

How do you guys take care of your raw denim shirts? Should I just wear layers and try not to sweat in it to not wash it that often? Or should I just not care, wash it often and get a more vintage fade out of it?

The search tool isn't helping me cause my terms are all too small. I'm searching for ultra low rise.

I'm 6' tall and 160 pounds and I have a pair of apc petit standards size 30 and I love the way they fit. I've always liked super low rise jeans. These things are awesome. I'm searching for other jeans with super low rise. Now I found the Somet 008's and I think they are exactly what I'm looking for, but I have to wait on those cause my size is out of stock anywhere.

You guys get the idea. I need help finding raw low rise jeans. I want them selvedge also. I think this subject deserves its own thread in the main area. Possibly it exists?

Thanks in advance.

New Raw Denim Enthusiast.

Red Cloud 425XX have a ball busting low rise, plus natural indigo, plus they are dirt cheap. Plus I wear them so you'll get extra street cred :)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13569727292

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some new raw blacks, with a fit similar to the APC petit standard. Obviously the ps comes in raw black but I'm looking for something with a little more character.

I tried the Imperial SEXI14BK but it just didn't have the taper or low rise I was looking for. Any suggestions?

If it matters, I'm a true size 32 with pretty slim legs, the PS 29 and the SEXI14BK 31 fit me well.

CHEERS

who can input on the Levis 201 cone mills special edition Non-lvc non-selvedge? quality, fading properties....

I know they're not LVC but I think that's the best thread to get an answer from. Your request will just get lost in here.

Im planning on getting my jeans tapered. If i dont want to mess up the selvedge line, i just go and ask the tailor to do an inseam taper of how ever much i want, right?

And on average, how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Edited by UndefeatedJK

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic