SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com

You all might find this to be pretty funny. No raw denim choices. The do have 14.5oz "Dark Blue" but it is nothing like what SuFu is used to. But they do make the jeans to fit your specific measurements. Fairly interesting.

I put this here so that I didnt get flamed for making a new Thread.

Ok I tried searching, didn't work so I'll post here..

I have a pair of Sugarcane cowboys I think, they're pretty straight leg and on the inside the tag says "SANFORIZED". OK anyways they're 33X33 but fit more like 32X32. The length isn't the problem but THEY SUFFOCATE ME if I put em on for long periods of time / sit down. Is there anyway to STRETCH them at LEASt an entire waist length? They're perfect except the waist has shrunk too much, and I'm freaking out ..are they REALLy sanforized? Or are they BSING? Cause If i wash em and they turn into 31..I'm screwed. So I'm thinking of selling em, but I really don't want to cause I live in the middle of no where and this was a pain in the butt to acquire.

I bought them from a friend's friend when I went to australia, they seem to have all the correct tags and the general "toughness" of the denim is there. He said he is selling em cause he coudln't fit them. At the time I was a 32 but since then I've bulked up. They're unwashed aside from the "Wash" my friends friend claims the factory has made on it. Advice? Sell? forcefully stretch? And no I can't get slim up.. cause I bulked up with muscle fat for sports.

muscle fat for sports

Way OT but what the hell, my nephew went into high school 185-190lbs, came out the other end pushing 300lbs. It was very interesting to talk to a 6'4" 290lb young man worrying about being too small. Says he needs to get up to 325lbs to be competitive.

/OT

If they hurt I'd sell, but I'm far from the average around here.

Ok I tried searching, didn't work so I'll post here..

I have a pair of Sugarcane cowboys I think, they're pretty straight leg and on the inside the tag says "SANFORIZED". OK anyways they're 33X33 but fit more like 32X32. The length isn't the problem but THEY SUFFOCATE ME if I put em on for long periods of time / sit down. Is there anyway to STRETCH them at LEASt an entire waist length? They're perfect except the waist has shrunk too much, and I'm freaking out ..are they REALLy sanforized? Or are they BSING? Cause If i wash em and they turn into 31..I'm screwed. So I'm thinking of selling em, but I really don't want to cause I live in the middle of no where and this was a pain in the butt to acquire.

I bought them from a friend's friend when I went to australia, they seem to have all the correct tags and the general "toughness" of the denim is there. He said he is selling em cause he coudln't fit them. At the time I was a 32 but since then I've bulked up. They're unwashed aside from the "Wash" my friends friend claims the factory has made on it. Advice? Sell? forcefully stretch? And no I can't get slim up.. cause I bulked up with muscle fat for sports.

someone should correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that "canes / union made / sanforized" label is there for historical accuracy (to match the lee label) and not because they're really sanforized (there's no reason to sell a one-wash variation if they're actually sanforized...).

if you like the fit everywhere but the waist because it's a bit too tight, i'd keep them. most of the shrinking should be out of the way. minimize further shrinking by handwashing in cold water and hanging dry. put them on while still damp to stretch them out.

Where can I get APC New Standards for decent price. $140 is just a little out of my price range.

I'm not sure if it's still on, but the APC website is having a sale. Should be around 120, other than that, and context clothing has them for 126, you could probably find them at a local denim store ranging between 100-130

Does anyone have any measurments to compare APC NS 29 and APC NC in 31? I need a 29 in NS but i like the inseam of the size 30(i think it's 34" compared to 36" and i'm a bit over 6ft). I was wondering if i'd get a similar fit in 31 new cures. Would the waist or the rest stretch out too big for me, because i want them to be pretty slim still after a bit of stretching(which is why i want 29 NS instead of 30). I'm about a 32" true waist and usually wear 33-34 inseams, however, i loved the stacking the 30 NS gave me with the 36 inseam being tapered and all.

so here's something

my rrds is cuffed, and when i cuffed them, i had them in the right spot, but as the waist stretched and the jeans sat lower on my ass, the cuffs have been dragging on the ground

so i need to move the cuffs up some more, but am having trouble doing so. the cuffs keep reverting back to their typical spot. is there a technique to move the cuff up? i am at 4.5 months and they are starting to look great, so i want to go the full 6 and then wash pretty hot in order to shrink, and then get them hemmed so i don't have to cuff them any more

or i could just buy a new belt and hike them up

so here's something

my rrds is cuffed, and when i cuffed them, i had them in the right spot, but as the waist stretched and the jeans sat lower on my ass, the cuffs have been dragging on the ground

so i need to move the cuffs up some more, but am having trouble doing so. the cuffs keep reverting back to their typical spot. is there a technique to move the cuff up? i am at 4.5 months and they are starting to look great, so i want to go the full 6 and then wash pretty hot in order to shrink, and then get them hemmed so i don't have to cuff them any more

or i could just buy a new belt and hike them up

cuff them were you want them, then spray starch them...

I haven't received my first Japanese denim yet, but I'm already looking at more jeans.

I guess when you go this way, there is no turning back.

My point is that one pair is actually all you need to have, you can only wear 1 at a time and wear it often to give it character.

But I don't want that, there are way to many nice jeans around.

So my question is, how do you guys do this? Buy lots and rotate (no fast characterising it) or just buy one and wear it 6 months and then shop another pair?

I went to try on a pair of Straight sven and a 32 33 waist fit me fine. problem was they seem just a bit to slim cut for me. I have a few old diesal Kratts and Rivecs that i like the fit but diesels doesnt make that cut and i dont like their new models. Would nudie bjorns be the equivelent to the old diesel Kratts or Rivecs? i want to get a pair of dry jeans to break them in. i dont want them too baggy and not too slim. thanks

I went to try on a pair of Straight sven and a 32 33 waist fit me fine. problem was they seem just a bit to slim cut for me. I have a few old diesal Kratts and Rivecs that i like the fit but diesels doesnt make that cut and i dont like their new models. Would nudie bjorns be the equivelent to the old diesel Kratts or Rivecs? i want to get a pair of dry jeans to break them in. i dont want them too baggy and not too slim. thanks

have you tried the APC rescue?

have you tried the APC rescue?

actually i had those in mind though i figured id give the nudies a try. since nudies i could get a 32 length and avoid having them tailored like i would with the APCs. Also no store in Miami that i now has the rescues so i could try them on. So you think the rescues would be what im looking for ? i would need to size them down if i wear a 32-33 to like a 31 right ?

Does the sugarcane hawaii really have a F-ing 13 inch rise on a size 32?

if they say they do then they do, sugarcanes are high rise

KLAAS: i say get denim whenever you can and wear whatever one you feel wearing, you may like one more than the other and end up wearing that one to death...then when its finished you start on the next

if i had the money i'd be buying new denim every month =D

but me being an unemployed 10th grader, all i can do is try to stay in the denim game =p

nahh i'd say starch em first, then when dry you cuff em to your desired length

since he's planning on hemming them in the future, this is not a good idea. if you starch them flat and let them dry, then cuff them, you'll end up with a really severe line/crease that will wear much faster. you can even crack the denim (yes, i'm serious).

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic