SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i haven't posted or paid attention to different cuts etc being released in a long time. looking to pick up a new pair, and need some suggestions.

I'm looking for cut similar to the eternal 811 except with a bit of taper below the knee and mid to highish rise either equal to or slighly higher than the 811. kinda like a 66 style fit but with a higher rise i guess. also heavy denim is no good, need 17 or less, preferably like 15 or even 13ish. interesting/hairy/slub is a plus but cut is more important.

any ideas of any new cuts on the block i've missed out on in the past year may would be appreciated.

thanks for the suggestion. I looked those up , what is the difference between the 1966 model and the 1947 type II SC42009, i was considering the 1947 type II before yo suggested the 66 because it looked like a slimmer tapered but still kinda high-ish rise 47 i didn't realize sc made a 66 but comparing the measurements between the two models they seem almost identical, except, suprisingly, the 66 has a slightly higher rise.

anyone know the difference between these ?

Hi,

I've already hot soaked a pair of Roy's and want to get some more shrinkage out of them and they're still a bit baggy. Just wondering if a second wash will shrink them even more, or has the hot soak already done most of the shrinkage?

Thanks

Hi,

I've already hot soaked a pair of Roy's and want to get some more shrinkage out of them and they're still a bit baggy. Just wondering if a second wash will shrink them even more, or has the hot soak already done most of the shrinkage?

Thanks

a hot soak with a bit of agitation might just work given that those are loomstate. like LVC's, i think they might take a while to reach full shrinkage. you don't really have anything to lose since you've already hot soaked them. just give it a go.

When sizing different rises, how do you adjust for waist measurements? Like is a higher rise jean going to have a smaller inseam than a lower rise jean or vice versa? Any input?

don't really get the question. are you trying to adjust for waist measurements or inseam measurements? personally i always go in this order: rise>waist>inseam(it doesn't really matter for me cos i'm short). if the rise is ok, going up or down a size or two isn't going to drastically change the rise measurements. how much inseam do you need?

Hi,

Thanks

It probably has got the most shrinkage out. The only way would be to get an even hotter soak but keep in mind they will also stretch with wear. Therefore if they're already too loose, they're only going to get worst with time. Selling them might be the option. Buy sanforized next time lolol

don't really get the question. are you trying to adjust for waist measurements or inseam measurements? personally i always go in this order: rise>waist>inseam(it doesn't really matter for me cos i'm short). if the rise is ok, going up or down a size or two isn't going to drastically change the rise measurements. how much inseam do you need?

My mistake....has nothing to do with inseam....I'm saying/asking about waist measurement...will I higher or lower rise jean be sized differently?

Say a size 30 high rise vs a size 30 low rise....do you size up or down according to the jeans rise?

I tried some lower rise jeans and it seems like I needed a bigger size and I'm wondering if that natural for the fit... thanks

What are thoughts on getting all the shrinkage out while the denim is relatively new?

The reason I ask is that I have a pair of 3sixteen 21BSP. They have been hot soaked once and fit well but are starting to break in and get a touch loose. I am assuming that there is still some breaking in. I am not a huge fan of soaking a lot, but am thinking that it would be better to do it now as opposed to down the road aways.

Thanks.

My mistake....has nothing to do with inseam....I'm saying/asking about waist measurement...will I higher or lower rise jean be sized differently?

Say a size 30 high rise vs a size 30 low rise....do you size up or down according to the jeans rise?

I tried some lower rise jeans and it seems like I needed a bigger size and I'm wondering if that natural for the fit... thanks

chances are if you are picking the rise first before you are picking the waist, you will probably end up swimming in the waist. going up 2 sizes only gives an increase of 0.5inches in the rise, so you might want to pick a pair with a higher rise that will be comfortable in the crotch area instead of going up sizes on jeans with a low rise.

What are thoughts on getting all the shrinkage out while the denim is relatively new?

The reason I ask is that I have a pair of 3sixteen 21BSP. They have been hot soaked once and fit well but are starting to break in and get a touch loose. I am assuming that there is still some breaking in. I am not a huge fan of soaking a lot, but am thinking that it would be better to do it now as opposed to down the road aways.

Thanks.

you can probably do another hot soak but if you already got a lot of shrinkage out of the way initially, they probably won't shrink much more.

im having trouble with the inseam of the jeans, and its too long for me so which one the first steps that i should do? hem it first or insoak it first? (*unsanforized jeans)

thank you

Edited by richiealexander

Hi guys,

does anyone know where i can get a jeans thats a little baggy and rather low-profile like the one here in the picture that Leo di Caprio is wearing ?

When i look around town i can only get jeans with slimmer legs, but i dont feel very comfy in them =(

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

21nhc3l.jpg

Edited by Krissly

im having trouble with the inseam of the jeans, and its too long for me so which one the first steps that i should do? hem it first or insoak it first? (*unsanforized jeans)

thank you

If they are unsanforized, you should be soaking it first anyway, regardless of inseam problems. That initial soak will change how the denim fits from the waist to the thigh and through the leg (and of course, it will take in the inseam a bit as well)

If they are still too long, then you can look to hemming them.

Alternatively, if you know that post-soak they will still be too long, then you could also hem them then soak. Typically the amount of shrink can be predicted pretty easily (ask the person from who you bought the jeans what the expected shrinkage is)

I recently bought a pair of Iron Heart 666's. They are unsanforized. When I did the initial soak, I didnt turn them inside out, will this affect the denim in any way differently if I were to turn it inside out?

Some people turn them inside out to preserve the dye and protect them from harsh agitation when washing.

Hi Guys, I came to this forum because of a suggestion on the Dutch Styleforum. Yesterday I bought a pair of Diesel jeans. But when I got out today I think I don't like the dying the guys at diesel used on the back of the pant. You can see it on the picture in the link:

http://www.mensroomonline.nl/sites/all/files/products/825/diesel-iakop-0880i-jeans_0.jpg

My question Is: Is there posibility to make the white places on the back less white? Is it possible to spread the blue color?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanx in advance!

@ Emile

You could buy some APC's (or other raws that fade easily), make them damp and rub them against the area's you want to darken so that the indigo will bleed from the APC's onto the Diesels ;)

Should work eventually...

or when you buy the APC's forget about the diesel jeans altogether.

hi guys, i need good selvedge denim material for 20-30 yards, japan or usa fabrics. Can you tell me where's to buy the fabrics, of course with small quantities ?

thx :)

Most places online are horrible at customer service. They never respond to my e-mail. I've seen some Cone Mills selvedge on eBay. Keep searching, man.

I think a group buy is in order. Custom Cone Mills roll of denim and one of brown duck sailcloth.

Question:

I've been looking for a new pair of jeans as I'm about to retire my old pair of Uniqlo MIJ's. I wanted to get something much heavier, upwards of 17 ozs but I'm a very small man and I've been having trouble looking for a slim fitting jean that has that heavy denim. I'm not looking for anything extremely skinny like the 301S IH's but I definitely want something that fits like 511s, or my Uniqlos. Maybe a little more tapered. I can fit a 27-29 and I would like the knees to be around 7.75 inches or less and the leg opening to be near 7 inches, preferably less.

From what I've found I think the Momotaro 0705SP are a good fit, and the Samurai s003jp are even better, however neither of them are as thick as I'd like (also, is $385 much for 15oz denim? or do you guys think Samurai's construction and overall quality compensates for it?). The Samurai s003jp-a seem perfect but I'm not sure if they're going to restock those since it's a limited run and only have the size 38s left.

Do you guys think weight is that important? I really like the feel of weight of Ironhearts I've tried but if there's no real benefit to it I might just stick with a medium weight denim. Especially because I'm quite small and light I've found I don't really put a lot of stress on my jeans even when playing basketball or digging holes or whatever.

Lastly I personally prefer a sanforized denim but the fit and weight are far more important to me.

Any suggestions? thanks

Edited by dillydallyghost

Been a while since I've been deep in this forum. Still loving my jeans, but I live an active lifestyle, and I ripped the crotch on every pair I own from skateboarding. Thinking adding a little stretch in my denim might be the answer. Paid too much money on getting my current lineup fixed through SelfEdge and then tearing another hole in them a couple weeks later. I spend as much time with them in the shop as I do wearing them....just not cutting it anymore.

What durable, good wearing, stretch jeans are out there in not overly tight cuts. Med Slim to medium fit preferably.

Edited by Quinnskimo

Been a while since I've been deep in this forum. Still loving my jeans, but I live an active lifestyle, and I ripped the crotch on every pair I own from skateboarding. Thinking adding a little stretch in my denim might be the answer. Paid too much money on getting my current lineup fixed through SelfEdge and then tearing another hole in them a couple weeks later. I spend as much time with them in the shop as I do wearing them....just not cutting it anymore.

What durable, good wearing, stretch jeans are out there in not overly tight cuts. Med Slim to medium fit preferably.

quinnskimo, I dont think there are many high quality jeans that have a lot of stretch to them. If I were you I'd get looser fittting jeans. alternatively, you could get some very thick and strong jeans like IH or Sammies but if you get anything slim like a 666 thats also upwards of 18ozs I think you'd be restricting movement and it would not be beneficial to your skating. you could also quit skating. Next time you go to self-edge as kiya what he thinks, or if you're in ny ask anyone at the se there or big?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic