SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

dino might! -

In regard to your second question, the unevenness of slubby denim produces unusual creasing / wear patterns. That's all that I've got, I'm sure someone else can give you a more thorough answer.

For your third question, I'm assuming that you're talking about PBJ XX005s, and in case of those jeans, people with big thighs are recommended to size up because XX005s run really slim in the thighs. If they were to size down, the 005s would be too slim for them. So it's all just based on the cut of the jeans.

Since I didnt see this in the encyclopedia, and I cant go through 20 pages of small questions:

Today I was at Ikea and I had a tray of hot dogs with condiments and the box broke hhaha... so now I have ketchup ALL over the left leg of my Dry Bones. Anyways, I rubbed off the excess with a moist paper towel but there is alot of redness on it still. Ive had em for 2 months so I dont want to wash them yet. Is dry clean the best route? Will that get out the ketchup (and some blood I had previously)? Will they still have the shiny raw denim characteristic that is lost when you wash the jeans?

Also, what do I tell them so that they come out as the were before, only clean. No press, no pleat, anything specific?

first of all, bad luck with that condiments accident...

dry clean seems to be the best option, unless somebody has discovered a better way of removing stains. maybe one of the thai fish sauce recipes might work as well (refer to encyclopaedia i think it's in there)?

yes if you dry clean you will lose the sheen. but if you tell them not to use any water AT ALL, and not to press the jeans afterwards, you should be otherwise fine.

when buying, be careful with the sizing. when I didn't know much about denim I always bought jeans that were too big. if they're very easy to button up, consider sizing down. for example my apc's stretched about 3-4cm measured across, thats 2½" in the waist size.

soaking them might not do a lot if they're sanfornized but I personally do it to all jeans, I just throw them in luke warm water for a while, then roll them in a towel to dry them a bit more effectively, then just lay flat or hang to dry. if they're extremely tight you can wear them wet to stretch them more but they'll stretch when dry too.

I ended up sizing 3 down to a 29. hard to button. one question, how much will the seat stretch? the ass is a little tight, so im hoping the seat/waist will stretch enough to wear them a bit lower.

what does the xx mean after the 501 in levis? some have it, some dont. why? and i was also wondering if someone knew where in the U.S.A. do they make current LVC?

xx (as in 501xx) is the designation for shrink to fit.

is dior raw denim sanforized?

yes. but there might still be some shrinkage.

whta model of apc jeans will fit like a skinny? the english? ns or rescue? thanks!

skinniest = new cure<old cure<new standard<rescue=fullest cut

check www.apc.fr

i cant decide for myself cuz i see postivies and negatives for both... but im trying to decide between black pbjs or black sammies... so maybe u guys can give me some reasons i couldve missed for either (price holds no concern)

i want pbjs because they are a slimmer fit, like im used to, and they supposedly fade slightly faster. BUT they thighs may be too slim for me (23") and i have yet to see a faded pair so i dont know if ill be happy in the end

sammies are beautiful when worn in and my thighs will definitely have room, BUT it takes sooo long to break in and they may be a little too loose for my liking

unfortunately i cant try on either

so what do any of u suggest?

The difference in thigh measurements of the S5000BK and the XX-005BK is negligible. A size 32 S5000BK is going to measure 12.5, while the XX-005BK is going to measure 12.25. I'd look at other measurements where they differ more and decide based on those. For example, the S5000BK has over an inch larger front rise, an inch smaller knee, and a half inch larger leg opening.

Also, we don't really know how the XX-005BK fades, we only know its indigo equivalent fades fast. Doesn't tell us much though, considering how the 5000BK and 5000VX are.

That said, I was deciding between those 2 and the 45rpm Sorahiko Suminando. Ended up going with the 45rpm.

thanks

did u get those measurements from the big site?

i went throught the xx 005bk thread and it seems that theyre getting totelly diff measurements so i was unsure

also from the xx-005 thread they were saying the thighs were very snug so it just added to my paranoia

ugh.. decisions, decisions

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic