SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i'm sure there's a lot written about on the site, but i get to many results with the search function so here it is. there has been a lot of talk about bleeding and i was wondering if anyone had any trick to try to remove indigo stains. i usually don't really care cause i usually wear sneaker and i think it gives them caracter, but i just got a nice pair of Visvim fang boots and i've only wore them for a week and they're already quite stained so i kind of wanted to try to remove it and then treat the boots to protect them. i bought some leather protection spray, do you think it will be enough or is there anything else i should do or know (i'm quite the noob when it come to leather care i have to admit).

i'm sure there's a lot written about on the site, but i get to many results with the search function so here it is. there has been a lot of talk about bleeding and i was wondering if anyone had any trick to try to remove indigo stains. i usually don't really care cause i usually wear sneaker and i think it gives them caracter, but i just got a nice pair of Visvim fang boots and i've only wore them for a week and they're already quite stained so i kind of wanted to try to remove it and then treat the boots to protect them. i bought some leather protection spray, do you think it will be enough or is there anything else i should do or know (i'm quite the noob when it come to leather care i have to admit).

masking tape on the inside of your jeans were they contact the shoe. you can get blue or black masking tape to match your jeans (or find a color to match your shoes)so its not as obvious.

masking tape on the inside of your jeans were they contact the shoe. you can get blue or black masking tape to match your jeans (or find a color to match your shoes)so its not as obvious.

yeah, already tried the masking tape thing but for unknown reason, the goddamn thing won't stick for more than like 10 min and will fall off. i was more looking into getting rid of the stains than preventing then. but thanks anyway.

Just a quick question. Im trying to shrink the waist and thighs of my jeans with a warm soak, but don't want to lose the length on them. Would soaking with my legs out of the water work, or would it be better to just have them altered?

i'd suggest soak it all then while wet, pull on it to try to get the length back (that's what's worked for some ppl)

i wouldn't soak part of it though....

i hope this isnt in the wrong section. but i was wondering where i can get some slim jims in nyc. also if it possible for some mesurement for a 29-30 slim jims. also dry japans or dry blacks which fade quicker/ better. thanks

I had my dry blacks and wore em hard for like 6 months shits dont fade well at all, i was so dissapointed

ive seen amazing japans and amazing regulars tho and assume they fade quicker (wish i had got either of those over my dry blacks)

buuuut this is all my view so ur gunna have to decide:)

they fit snug at first but will eventually stretch out and there are so many websites like

www.oaknyc.com and www.revolveclothing.com

to snag a pair in person im pretty sure barneys should carry them but dont hold me accountable for that....

Whats a good sneaker to wear with tapered denim? I usually wear my fake asics from Iran as they make your feet look small which I like, the last thing I want is the similar look people get with say a pair of chucks as they make your feet look very long.

Any suggestions? perhaps this pair of MHI slips I was eyeing?

http://www.cmonwealth.com/item.php?id=302

nikeXapc...

so i'm about to go into NYC and get a pair of jeans, most likely APC NS, possibly nudies. whats the first thing i should do? ive seen some people just wear them, others do some sort of a soak, and then wearing the jeans while theyre wet. where do i begin??

thanks.

If you end up getting something like APC, Nudie, Dior, etc... just wear them. You only need to soak if you get unsanforized denim (i.e. LVC, most Japanese raw). So if you end up in Blue in Green, ask them, otherwise just wear them.

so i'm about to go into NYC and get a pair of jeans, most likely APC NS, possibly nudies. whats the first thing i should do? ive seen some people just wear them, others do some sort of a soak, and then wearing the jeans while theyre wet. where do i begin??

thanks.

when buying, be careful with the sizing. when I didn't know much about denim I always bought jeans that were too big. if they're very easy to button up, consider sizing down. for example my apc's stretched about 3-4cm measured across, thats 2½" in the waist size.

soaking them might not do a lot if they're sanfornized but I personally do it to all jeans, I just throw them in luke warm water for a while, then roll them in a towel to dry them a bit more effectively, then just lay flat or hang to dry. if they're extremely tight you can wear them wet to stretch them more but they'll stretch when dry too.

I'm this close to getting a pair of S5000VX. Hello indulgence, goodbye bank account balance. So here's another question: about hot soaks, do you just fill the tub with hot water at the beginning and leave it? Or do you refill it with hot water as the existing water gets cold? And what's the approximate time that you want to do a initial hot soak for?

I'm this close to getting a pair of S5000VX. Hello indulgence, goodbye bank account balance. So here's another question: about hot soaks, do you just fill the tub with hot water at the beginning and leave it? Or do you refill it with hot water as the existing water gets cold? And what's the approximate time that you want to do a initial hot soak for?

it all depends..

hot soaks make more shrinkage than cold soaks...

long soaks gives more shrinkage than short soaks...

i had one pair of newbie raw denim that i hot soaked for 3 hours... as hot as the hot tap would allow it and then just allowed it to cool off.. gave a nice amount of shrink...

but i guess its just about how much you want em to shrink...

I'm looking for opinions on my plan for my Iron Army Sebastians:

I've been wearing them for more than 3 months, with a total of 93 wears. They're definitely showing some nice fading, but nothing to extreme yet, and since these are my first pair of raw denim, I think I want to go for more of a high-contrast look.

I would just continue wearing as is until about 180 wears and then wash them, but I'm leaving for Brazil in 2 weeks for 6 months... and I don't know what to expect regarding the availability of good soaps or washing-machine technology.

So what I'm thinking is:

1. after wear #100 (I like round numbers), hot soak them (for 90 minutes in tub-hot water, right?) in order to clean them a little bit and shrink them back down since they've stretched a bit.

2. wear like crazy in Brazil (which I'm sure will involve an insane amount of sweat)

3. wash when I get back from Brazil

Or should I wash them before I go?

I'm looking for opinions on my plan for my Iron Army Sebastians:

I've been wearing them for more than 3 months, with a total of 93 wears. They're definitely showing some nice fading, but nothing to extreme yet, and since these are my first pair of raw denim, I think I want to go for more of a high-contrast look.

I would just continue wearing as is until about 180 wears and then wash them, but I'm leaving for Brazil in 2 weeks for 6 months... and I don't know what to expect regarding the availability of good soaps or washing-machine technology.

So what I'm thinking is:

1. after wear #100 (I like round numbers), hot soak them (for 90 minutes in tub-hot water, right?) in order to clean them a little bit and shrink them back down since they've stretched a bit.

2. wear like crazy in Brazil (which I'm sure will involve an insane amount of sweat)

3. wash when I get back from Brazil

Or should I wash them before I go?

so many questions and yet the same answer everyone will get, from me atleast. personally i would ONLY wash them if they reek straight rat ass, and if it is so bad that it actually hurt in your nostrils.. but untill that point,

dont care, just wear.. (wtf thats a good motto)

so im trying to figure out what size and style i should get for nudies jeans. im a size 28 or 27 in levis, more towards the 27. my waist is pretty small so im not sure which style i should get. my friend told me to get slim jims and my other friend told me to get thin finns. what do you guys suggest i should get? would super slim kims be too tight? and i dont want it to be loose around the waist that is all im worrying about. not too tight but not too loose. i need someones help quickk!!

Hey,

I'm expecting my APC NS selvedge non wash indigo jeans anyday now. I'm wondering if you any of you guys can just tell me what to do when I first get them. I've heard of just soaking them and what not, and its difficult to search through these 19 pages of what to do. I don't think I'm going to wear these every single day but I just like the clean, raw, shiny finish of selvedge jeans.

My waist should correspond to the size and I'm getting the length tailored. Should I take into account anything before I get it tailored? Should I leave some length in since it's evnetually going to shrink in the wash? Or should I just get it tailored to my regular length I always get.

If they smell, should I continue to wash them or should I just get htem drycleaned or washt hem in cold water.

And my biggest question is how to avoid getting the nasty knee sags that some people are experiencing. I don't want to encounter the knee sags at all. I'm thinking this is more connected with the inseam thouhg of the jeans.

THANK YOU! I'm truthfully very sorry for all the noobie questions :)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic