SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

From my understanding starch decreases the jeans life so its advised to soak the jeans to get starch off for longer life.

And sanforized jeans are preshrunk so initial soak is optional.

So my question is, do sanforized come with starch? Is starch decreasing the life of jeans a myth?

I bought a pair of SExDBxSFxsufus in august and have worn them most of the time since then. love the fit but the waist stretched a bit more than I wanted. would a hot soak for 20 mins shrink it too much and bleed out too much dye or would it be ok? Also wish the bottom was more tapered/skinnier would a soak remedy this? Considered the idea of a belt but not really looking to spend more bank and never really liked wearing belts so I would prefer a soak if possible

I bought a pair of SExDBxSFxsufus in august and have worn them most of the time since then. love the fit but the waist stretched a bit more than I wanted. would a hot soak for 20 mins shrink it too much and bleed out too much dye or would it be ok? Also wish the bottom was more tapered/skinnier would a soak remedy this? Considered the idea of a belt but not really looking to spend more bank and never really liked wearing belts so I would prefer a soak if possible

A soak will be fine. Why's everyone so scared of a little indigo loss during a soak?

I found a J Crew Indigo Deck Jacket in size small, but it's just a bit too big in every dimension. Unfortunately I can't find an extra-small. I'm debating treating the situation as I would if they were jeans: super-hot agitated-soak the hell out of it with the expectation that it will shrink down to my size. But this is fleece, not denim. Any thoughts?

Anyone know where I can get some Whitesville plain tees in the states? Also how do they compare to Velva sheen?

I'd be interested in finding them here as well. They are much nicer than Velva: very soft hand, and they don't stretch out & bag. Size-for-size, they run smaller and much shorter.

does anyone know of any "real" denim shops in denver? ive been looking and asking everywhere but cant find shit. damn i miss miami.

ill be in new orleans in a few weeks, maybe ill have better luck there? looking for a barneys selection at the least but ideally BiG or SE i want to try skull, pbj etc

For years I've washed with straight water, I wonder does anyone have experience w/ Woolite Dark? and does it have any softeners? that's the main reason why i don't use detergents.

I've used Woolite Dark in the past and IMO is one of the better detergents out there. Not sure about the softeners as my denim was still fairly rigid afterward, but there was comparably less indigo loss (though I know this will happen regardless).

So, I've got a question about creases. I messed up with my initial cuffing on my PBJs and now the cuffs are all uneven especially by the heel, and the creases have set so any attempt I take at redoing the cuffs they just end up back at the initial cuffs/creases. Is there anyway to take the creases out? So that I can try and fix the cuffs. Thanks!

maybe soak that part of the jean and then iron it...you could try to starch them while ironing...don't know for sure though.

Soak + ironing is what I was thinking, so I guess I'll do that sometime soon.

Thought I post this here as well.

Anyone with any idea how to go about repairing this? Looks like the oxidation of the top button ate away at the denim...

2d5c561a.jpg

Do I have to rip out the original top button, and get a replacement? Or what? TIA!

Wash them if they're dirty.

When should I wash my denim to keep it healthy? I've had my flat heads for about 6 months now..I'm trying to go as long as possible w/out a wash but I'm trying to see when would be recommended to keep the denim healthy.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic