SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hey guys, my first post here on sufu. got a quick question on the Samurai S5000VX 17oz denim. my waist is currently 35" but i'm in the middle of losing some weight with a goal of reaching 34". which size do you recommend I get if I want a fairly slim fit? definitely don't want anything tight or too loose. been doing a little research and my understanding is that they'll shrink 1-2" in waist but just as easily stretch out 1-2"? so I was thinking size 33 might be good, but just wanted to confirm that.

Sounds about right. Most peole size down 1 from their actual waist in regards to the 5000vx. If you go true to size, you'll end up with a more vintage fit.

@jaws: if you really lose that weight a 33 is the best option. otherwise if you stay at a true waist of 35", a size 34 wouldn't be bad because of the slimmer thighs on the S5000 cut (dunno if you have muscular thighs).

the waist nearly stretches without limit ;)

here's an example of how my size 34 fits me (I'm a true 35)

s5000vximg.jpg

looks like the Momotaro ER007-2B has a black weft. nice. anyone else have another suggestion?

I'm missing a pair of jeans with an indiglo dyed weft so I think that has to be my next denim purchase.

Do you guys know of any ones besides PBJ? I have muscular legs so their xx-009 model is looking really good.

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a pair of quality selvedge jeans for my father. Preferably under $200~ I know that there's quite a lot of nice jeans within that price range, but they all have button-fly. The thing is, my father doesn't like jeans with buttons. So to sum up, I'm looking for a pair of quality selvedge jeans with zip-fly under $200. Anybody can point me out to the right direction?

thanks in advance!

I'm out to get the Elephant Brand Bandana Books by Kazuhito Hirata and found them here for $95 for the pair - too much for me.

I know they're on Amazon Japan as well - only $43.31 for the pair, but an additional $43.32 to ship to the U.S.

Does anyone have a source for these in the States where I can pick them up for more like $30 or under for each, or any international site that can ship for something less than 100% of the order cost?

Thanks.

all three of those have nice fading props. can't speak for the "new" skull denim. if you can get your hands on some old skulls, go for it. as for PBJ and FH, great fading denim. PBJ's are slubbier, meaning the fabric is woven slightly uneven, so it feels bumpier to the touch and the fading looks "rougher" if that makes sense. FH's have great electric blue hues and vertical falling qualities.

as for cuts, FH1001's or similar. PBJ's 005's or XX-013's. my gf wears both of these brands and likes each of them for their unique qualities. i think she favors her PBJ's just a little more tho. you really can't go wrong with either brand IMO.

ive had both pbjs and flat heads and love them both. personally i would choose the pbjs because they seem much more unique and i prefer the slubiness. one is not better than the other tho. both companies make great slim cuts as well.

so i bought a ppair of flathead 3005 about 2 years ago and wore them for about a week and stopped. they basically sat in my closet for the last two years. i have decided to make them the only pants i wear for the next year.

my dilemma is that when i bought them, i was about 25lbs heavier than i am now so they fit a little loose. i've never soaked/washed them but i was thinking of trying a presoak in order to get them to shrink a little.

how would you guys recommend i soak them for maximum shrinkage but without messing up the denim?

sorry for the noobness.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic