SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

my bad; this is the thread i thought about, and its over at styleforum.

edit:

ok, W30 slim jim dry japan is 82cm according to zoovillage.com's measurements.

W29 78cm

W31 84cm

edit #324235: oh i see the ones in supermarket is a W28. :) 76cm says zoovillage.

alright, so that makes sense then. he said it measured 15", i guess i didnt notice that. i'll go measure some jeans

edit: and thank you!

question: i have a pair of evisu no.2 2001's, when i wear em its puffy on the back and crotch-fly area. i think its because the crotch is too low, front and back rise is too long. should i take em to a tailor and have him fix it? otherwise i like em and hate to get rid of it.

thanks..

what do you suggest doing to a new pair of 501 stf's(not LVC)?soak em in hot water or cold water?or no soak at all?

1. dude...their stf's...who the hell cares lol...experiment

2. well if you want maximum shrinkage then soak them in hot water, a lil bit of shrinkage then put them in cold....if they fit perfectly then no soak...

Guest TheMillionaire

im new and now really informed, but im wondering....

1. is there an online catalog to cone denim and if so can i get it.

2. how much is raw selvedge by the yard

3. im tryin to start up a denim line and is there a company that makes custom jeans or do i have to hire people for it and all...

jsut some q's thanks guys.

question: i have a pair of evisu no.2 2001's, when i wear em its puffy on the back and crotch-fly area. i think its because the crotch is too low, front and back rise is too long. should i take em to a tailor and have him fix it? otherwise i like em and hate to get rid of it.

thanks..

leave it as is...

im new and now really informed, but im wondering....

1. is there an online catalog to cone denim and if so can i get it.

2. how much is raw selvedge by the yard

3. im tryin to start up a denim line and is there a company that makes custom jeans or do i have to hire people for it and all...

jsut some q's thanks guys.

There are factories that will make a custom run of jeans, BUT unless you know how to do everything, the importance of proper pattern grading, sew by hand, install hardware, hell drafting a pattern, etc. your jeans that you get produced will suck, because you wont be able to control the entire productin process. If you really want to start up a line, go to school for it first.

I work in a corporate setting. No jeans is the rule. But I can get away with black jeans. Is there any black-warp/black/weft raw denim jean?

I'm not really all that familiar with terminology, but if your looking for black jeans that fade like indigo jeans, you can try Nudie dry black. Mynudies had a pair or two in their photos section with pretty nice fades last time I checked. There is this one amazing pair of black jeans that was posted on here a while back (a Japanese brand) but I don't remember exactly who made it.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic