SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

anyone know of anyone that makes custom denim accessories? like iphone cases?

I know for sure Benzak on here does as well as the great jeans he offers. Probably a few others but I'm certain he still has a stock of the greenline iPhone covers.

Can any outdoorsy folk explain the practical benefit of a moc-toe on woodland boots? I see it all the time on those Yukutens and Quoddys and all that but never understood what it was for minus visual appeal.

My first guess is to catch water but at the same time that seems detrimental.

I'd vote 710's, most people on here will disagree with me though, ha ha.

Of the IH's, from what I've seen I like the cut of the BB's.

^ Pants Shop Avenue has a size 32 left...I'm not sure how well they'll fade though, since persimmon dyeing usually involves fairly strong fixatives IIRC.

Edit: Or is very colour-fast, not sure which is the case...

not really... its kind of a nerdy denim guy thing. I personally have gotten all of my jeans chainstiched but it doesn't really matter.... Both produce roping, just ask the tailor to make sure that there is a lot of tension when he folds over the hem (not really sure on the correct wording hah)

I washed my uniqlos @ 2m and dried the crap out of them because i was really impatient to see how they'd faded-- they got very soft and lost the rigidity established in the honeycomb folds. should I expect them to continue creasing and fading where the honeycombs are already established? or is there a chance new folds will show up and muck them all up?

the redtab on my fullcount's kind of curled up/folded, cause i think i sad wierdly on my jacket so it looks like just a thin red tab sticking out of the backpocket,

do you think ironing the tab would fix it back??

vintage red tabs were made of rayon and notorious for fraying/distorting - I would learn to love it, like leg twist.

Speaking of tabs (ok, that was a little further up the page), does anyone know of a tailor in Philly that I can trust with the all-important task of sewing the tab on my SExDBxSxS jeans?

I'm still waffling between the coin pocket and the outside of the right back pocket (like on some Edwins). (The "normal" spot on the inside of the right back pocket is already occupied by the embroidered "SF".)

^ That looks pretty rad. Crazy rivets on those. :)

I know about Blake stocking cool Edwins but I'm not a Cascadian so that's about it.

I'm sure Blake is worth checking out, but there's a good chance you can do better than some of those Edwins for the money. I got a pair of the buckle-back Sen Selvage Edwins in Tokyo for the rough equivalent of $150, and that's about where I'd put the value compared to some of the nicer denim I own (Sams, KMWs, SCs, &c.). I'd put them more on par with Nudies.

Not as familiar with Edwin Nashvilles and 47s, though, so they might be in a different league.

best jeans for a beginner that aren't apc?

Style? Cut? Price range? I mean, you'll get a thousand different answers to that question that'll leave you even more wondering...

I would advise either LVC 505 or Lee 101 Z, both raw. Why? Excellent quality, modern fit/cut yet vintage spirit, affordable, raw state but no sizing fuzz, excellent fading//distressing, reasonable pricing.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic