SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

If you're asking about Iron Heart, yes. Definitely. IH denim has a loose weave that's surprisingly breathable and easy to wear. It feels much lighter than it is (comparable to some of my jeans in the 15-16oz range). Don't let the big number intimidate you- IH is wearable year round, and I live in Texas, where the summers are 90+ with 90% humidity.

If you're asking about some of the other brands that have heavyweight denim, I can't say.

I wore 19oz Samurai in Barcelona last summer (90+), it was a bit uncomfortable but certainly not impossible. Currently I have 21oz Samurai which feel no different to me really in terms of warmth.

Is there a huge difference between the weave patterns of herringbone and broken twills? I can't see a much aside from seperate fabrics used.

They're both a zig zag - but the weave is different. I shall post photos soon-ish.

It's a very good question, in that broken twill was invented to eliminate leg twist, I wonder if herringbone twill exhibits less twist than other twills? I hope to be speaking to someone soon who will give me a definitive answer.

They're both a zig zag - but the weave is different. I shall post photos soon-ish.

It's a very good question, in that broken twill was invented to eliminate leg twist, I wonder if herringbone twill exhibits less twist than other twills? I hope to be speaking to someone soon who will give me a definitive answer.

I just hope 'twill be a definitive answer... :)

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but it's worth a try.

Why, blue in green, oh why did you turn your one already tiny changing room into two unbearably tiny changing rooms. And why also do you use extremely heavy insulative velvet type material for the dividers between said two tiny changing rooms.

I almost a) broke public nudity laws, B) committed semi-public rape by falling into the person in the next changing area and c) ended up buying a pair of jeans because that tiny fucking hotbox made me sweat in them so much (not completely, I also wanted them)...

I mean, damn.

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but it's worth a try.

Why, blue in green, oh why did you turn your one already tiny changing room into two unbearably tiny changing rooms. And why also do you use extremely heavy insulative velvet type material for the dividers between said two tiny changing rooms.

I almost a) broke public nudity laws, B) committed semi-public rape by falling into the person in the next changing area and c) ended up buying a pair of jeans because that tiny fucking hotbox made me sweat in them so much (not completely, I also wanted them)...

I mean, damn.

this is a damn good question haha thank god when i was in there last time it was my buddy trying on jeans next to me so it wasnt to bad.

this is a damn good question haha thank god when i was in there last time it was my buddy trying on jeans next to me so it wasnt to bad.

So true, anyone with any issues with confined space would have a panic attack. I went in there with a big puffy winter jacket and literally took up the entire changing room.

What is the best way to store denim? I've been opposed to folding jeans for years. So I hang them with the waistband straight across, not trouser style with the intention of keeping a firm crease down the center of the leg.

My issue is that while I hang my up with the waist band straight across, they sometimes get creases an inch behind the outseam. My Levi's LVLC 1944's have a really bad set in crease that I've tried ironing, and steaming out. I'm going to try and iron it again, and if that doesn't work I'm taking it to the dry cleaners.

Anyone have any advice? I hate seeing nice denim with creases from it being folded or hung.

THanks

Slubby denim is the type where the weave is really jagged and uneven. The Eternal 872 is my favorite example.

A slub isn't really anything to do with the weave; it really means a lump, and refers to imperfections in the yarn. So slub normally refers to the vertical lines, what were once regarded as faults, which are caused by raised lumps in the warp (blue) threads. Experts can date vintage denims by looking at the slubbing and deducing the spinning methods, which changed over the years.

Excessive slubbing is often used to simulate an irregular weave, although some manufacturers can't help overdoing it.

What is the best way to store denim? I've been opposed to folding jeans for years. So I hang them with the waistband straight across, not trouser style with the intention of keeping a firm crease down the center of the leg.

My issue is that while I hang my up with the waist band straight across, they sometimes get creases an inch behind the outseam. My Levi's LVLC 1944's have a really bad set in crease that I've tried ironing, and steaming out. I'm going to try and iron it again, and if that doesn't work I'm taking it to the dry cleaners.

Anyone have any advice? I hate seeing nice denim with creases from it being folded or hung.

THanks

I fold my jeans (after they are cleaned, hand wash, mild soap, hot water, hang dry) and throw them in the closet on top of each other. I do this to all my jeans and for about 15 years. Seems to work fine. Seriously, don't worry about them, they're just jeans.

A slub isn't really anything to do with the weave; it really means a lump, and refers to imperfections in the yarn. So slub normally refers to the vertical lines, what were once regarded as faults, which are caused by raised lumps in the warp (blue) threads. Experts can date vintage denims by looking at the slubbing and deducing the spinning methods, which changed over the years.

Excessive slubbing is often used to simulate an irregular weave, although some manufacturers can't help overdoing it.

So slub is the loom chatter caused by uneven yarn thickness?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic