SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Got some money to drop at BiG, wanting to buy the Evisu 2000 #1(sz 34) but they probably won't restock for a while so I'm looking for jeans with a similar fit.

Would the 710 in sz 32 hemmed to a 34 be similar to the 2000 in term of fit? if not, any suggestions? Looking for a classic fit, slim but not too tapered. A ''versatile'' fit.

Thanks

2000 cut is more straight than slim. i would say 5000vx might be more comparable

so i got some scrap denim for the gents at BiG and i've been trying to think of things to make with it. so far i've made this; a three pocket bifold wallet made of momtaros denim.

op1svs.jpg

i've got another good sized cut of the momo denim and a few strips of sams denim and another small one that i dont know what it came from. anyway, any ideas on what else i should make? i was thinking phone/ipod case or something like that, but im down to try just about anything

On the topic of hot soaking denim.

I have a pair of Naked and Famous weird guys in the regular indigo selvage sized down one. However, I'd prefer if they were a bit of a tighter fit so I plan to hot soak them.

My questions are: Do I wear the denim and sit in the tub of hot water or do I just leave the denim in the water for 30 minutes? After soaking them, should I give them a quick spin in the washer to get rid of excess water? Wouldn't this cause some creases to form?

Hi - Curious if anyone has had any experience with Ben Sherman's selvage denim? I'm looking at a pair of their Ansil selvage; It's supposed to be a 14oz denim specifically spun for them from a loom in France but can't find any info on the denim. Thanks in advance.

i've got another good sized cut of the momo denim and a few strips of sams denim and another small one that i dont know what it came from. anyway, any ideas on what else i should make? i was thinking phone/ipod case or something like that, but im down to try just about anything

Since you have a small piece why not make it into a small keychain or a bracelet of sorts?

is this the right contact info for Denim doctors? Has anyone sent them jeans to be tapered and can give some advice? thank you in advance!

The Denim Doctors @

Hollywood Trading Co.

7600 Beverly Blvd (at Martel Ave.)

Los Angeles, CA, 90036.

(323) 964-0080

Okay, so I have a pair of SEXFHXRR10's that I copped as a size 31. The waist should have been 33" - presoak, but is measuring out at about 34 1/2"

The sizing guide states that these should only shrink roughly .75" in the waist, and then could stretch back out a full inch.

With them being almost 3" too big right now, the end result could very well be even bigger.

I'd like to know if anybody has any suggestions on getting max shrinkage on this pair..

Thus far, I've only tub-soaked all of my raw denim. I always go with the hottest water my tap will push out.

I've never shrunk a pair via the washer, without soap, but have been told that that might be my best bet.

So do I take it out before the the spin cycle? I thought the agitation is what helps it shrink more.. Or do I let the initial agitation run its course, then take it out before the spin? And I assume, run it in hot water..

lol, I apologize, I just want to make sure I do it in the most effective way.

also, does anybody have any other suggestions, other than a hot wash?

Any takers on why this non-sanforized pair should only shrink .75" in the waist(1.5" in the inseam)? Thats not very much. They are made with left hand twill, but other than that, I'm not quite sure why the shrinkage is so minimal..

Good luck. I don't know why they would quite such minimal shrinkage, but I've lost nearly three inches off the wiast of LVC (which stretched back out one inch) with a 95 degree C wash, without losing any noticeable indigo. Those are great jeans, one of the most interesting designs of the last five years.

I completely agree. I don't know if you've seen them in person, but they are awesome. I absolutely LOVE the details on them and the color/feel of the LHT is unlike any other pair I own.

If I hadn't started these Flat Head black 4001's on 1/1/11 I would already be in my RingRings.

Im also a little over 2 months into my Levi 501 Selvage(made in mexico), and they are really starting to look great, for only 2 months of wear. I wanted you to check them out, pics should be up soon as well. At $60(40% off), they definitely aren't Japanese slub or LVC Cone nice, but they're better than the normal Made in Mexico STF's.. Suprisingly

Paul - I wanted to let you know that I went the hot-as-hell washer route on my SEXFHXRR's and............

(I should mention I also tossed two pots worth of boiling water into my already super hot wash as well)

~drumroll please~

It worked!

I lost almost 2 inches in the waist, versus the .75 it was supposed to shrink.

I also lost about 2.75 inches in the inseam, while the sizing guide states I should have only lost 1.5 inches.

The waist is not perfect, but it us MUCH better. I took pre/post pics too, but am at work right now. Will throw them up this weekend.

thanks!

i've left my denim lying on the concrete ground in the hot desert summer sun all day to help kill the odor and moisture, and it definitely helped.

since i wont be able to do that for a while, is putting them in the freezer for a few hours a good alternative? i dont want that to mess up the hardware, or make them more moist.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic