SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Cotton wash at 80 or 90 degrees.Turn them inside out to reduce marbling - the little lines you get when they lodge against the drum. Don't put them in the dryer.

ok thanks for the help paul

if i dry them outside even when its not too sunny will it be better than putting them in the dryer?

one last question, I shouldn't need to put soap in the wash this time right?

Just put them in the washer on those settings then set them outside to dry

no, not for a soak....

if you have a bath tub/ 5 gallon bucket fill either one up with the hot (possibly even boiled) water, let soak 20-30 minutes, hang dry.

-rF

if you need maximum shrinking, a machine wash at 75 or 90 - take it out before the spin if poss - shrinks the most,a lot more than soaking. I've never lost more than an inch at the waist with a hot soak - hot wash will lost two inches.

Soaking, however, keeps more of that 'new' look. Putting it through a hot wash cycle (with no soap btw) gives a different look - darker, often, but not as crisp.

ah, thats good, but im not getting the indy...im getting one from blackbird and when i put the boots into the cart it says "no coupon" near it..so i guess...

I wasn't interested in the Indy either... but they do have a snuff suede version of the Context x Roy boot that has me thinking. Kind of a lighter brown version of the Winn Perry Lil' Tanks.

I measured my waist as 29 and when i tried on my new size 29 jeans (ande whall grifters) today they were REALLY tight. However, after considerable effort I can button them up. Movement is also somewhat difficult. can I expect them to stretch out enough in the next month that its not going to be a workout putting the pants on and I can squat wearing them?

Or is there anything I can try?

^are they post soak? Don't have whallls, but denim will stretch back out after a soak. You'll be fine just gut out the first few days

no, not for a soak....

if you have a bath tub/ 5 gallon bucket fill either one up with the hot (possibly even boiled) water, let soak 20-30 minutes, hang dry.

I'm trying to save people from ruining the patch on their jeans.

Can't find the pic of what a boil soak did to mine (shrinky dink'd it), but don't let it happen to you.

^are they post soak? Don't have whallls, but denim will stretch back out after a soak. You'll be fine just gut out the first few days

I'm trying to save people from ruining the patch on their jeans.

Can't find the pic of what a boil soak did to mine (shrinky dink'd it), but don't let it happen to you.

Pre soak :/

These are my SD-103's in a size 27. For reference, I'm 5'4" and 125 pounds.

yaya.jpg

They fit pretty nice but the rise hurts my balls when I sit down and I have to use a 1 inch button extender on the waist, as well as keep the third button unbuttoned. I recently measured my waist and to my surprise, I'm actually a 29-30. Should I size up to a 28 or a 29? I am looking for a straight fit with no hip flair (like above) as well as the rise being COMFORTABLE enough to sit in. The latter is more important to me as it's the reason why I don't wear the current pair I have.

I know the answer may seem a bit self-evident, but any input would really help and I'll rep accordingly. Thanks!

Thanks all, I really think they look spot on but I am unable to sacrifice comfort for style when it comes to these jeans. The rise is just killing me. I can't even cross my left leg due to how restrictive the crotch is. If I sized up two from these to a 29, I assume the waist will be fine but the rest of the fit will get thrown off... Maybe a 28 then? Or maybe just a whole new jean all together...

Alright...im new to this denim stuff and could use advice from some of you experts. I recently purchased two pairs of denim ( Uniqlo raw demin and Levis 501 STF). Here are my questions:

Uniqlo/ Levis 501 STF

- Right now fits great, but Im concerned with future shrinkage later on down the line if I accidentally throw it in the washer without thinking (Its happened before). I was thinking about putting it in a cold wash or soak just to get any possible shrinkage out of the way, while the denim is new. Also, I love the dark look and want to keep the color as much as possible, however, I also like how aged denim looks as it fades overtime. Should I expect these pairs to shrink on its own overtime as I continue to wear them? In the future, in the event that I do have to wash this pair, I plan on hand washing and hand drying. What would be the overall best way to minimize shrinkage? Basically, I love the way these fit right now, and want to avoid any future shrinkage.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic