SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Been over-thinking about how to store my denim whore collection (ie: not going to wear, just for storage/collecting purposes) and was wondering if any archival clothing experts had any tips? The biggest problem that I foresee is that raw denim has starch in it, great for bacteria to thrive. I've also read that clothing needs to breath (does this apply to denim?) and yet I just put them in air tight plastic containers which I assume isn't best over the long run...How does one go about storing raw denim for decades to come?

NO, it doesn't matter if it's scented or not. If you need a mild wash, add it to the water and soak with mild agitation - or you can use it for spot-washing, squirt it on a brush and only wash the affected area.

Honestly, I wouldn't over-think it. They're jeans - rough and tough workwear.

does anyone own a buzz rickson sweatshirt/ is it worth buying?

I recently bought a pair of 21oz S5000VX and gave them a 2 hour hot soak which took out some shrinkage. I'm not fully aware how this denim behaves, so here's a question for someone who knows better:

Should I still give them an initial wash or was the soaking enough?

Anyone know the brand/maker of overalls James Dean wears in East of Eden?

Its set in 1917, but aside from that there are no prominent details. The buttons are simple sewn on buttons.

I assume they could just be something a costumer made, but for something as readily available as overalls I'd assume they'd just have bought a pair or something.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about the costuming of films, etc.

-robbie

Does anyone have any experience with Supreme jeans? I'm tempted with a pair of their black jeans from the website, are they good value at $118? How do they wear/ fade?

not denim related but i doubt i will get a reply from the supershopper section

Leather. In general, water will run off the surface of leather, whereas it will soak into suede. Obviously there are exceptions and you can treat/scotchguard the suede to waterproof it, but like I said, that's the general rule.

What would be the best way to get max shrinkage? I've already done 1 initial hot soak & air dry.

Should I soak in boiling water & put in the dryer

Or hot wash & dryer?

And if I wash I have to flip them inside out? Do I keep them flipped inside out while drying as well? Is it easy to clean off the indigo from the denim on the dryer?

What would be the best way to get max shrinkage? I've already done 1 initial hot soak & air dry.

Should I soak in boiling water & put in the dryer

Or hot wash & dryer?

And if I wash I have to flip them inside out? Do I keep them flipped inside out while drying as well? Is it easy to clean off the indigo from the denim on the dryer?

Cotton wash at 80 or 90 degrees.Turn them inside out to reduce marbling - the little lines you get when they lodge against the drum. Don't put them in the dryer.

I just got a J Crew discount code by email (we want you back or some shit). I was curious so I tested it and it works for 20% off their Aldens.

ah, thats good, but im not getting the indy...im getting one from blackbird and when i put the boots into the cart it says "no coupon" near it..so i guess...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic