SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Need a recommendation on a good white denim. I tried on the white sorahikos last year and liked them a lot, slimmed down a good bit from the regular sorahiko if I remember correctly, but there must be a cheaper pair with a more modern fit?

someone was selling a pair of white skulls in the market

I was about to suggest the Sorahikos but...

I think Nom de Guerre make/made a pair of white (or maybe ecru) jeans that looked really good.

Are you talking about these? Those are nice, even though not a true white...

Pricey and backpockets are pretty big.

someone was selling a pair of white skulls in the market

Was? Or is? And you remember the size? I've thought about skulls, maybe I'll go browse rakuten a little. I remember 2 or 3 years ago BiG had some and I almost bought them then...

EDIT only skulls that come in white are the 5010 and are too slim for me... I think I'll get the 45rpm, or maybe see if I can just make some levi's work?

Are you talking about these? Those are nice, even though not a true white...

Pricey and backpockets are pretty big.

Yeah, I think it was those. Pricey, but I found a pair of the light greys for sale for 80 euros in Paris last summer. I should have bought them.

Their jeans pop up on ebay once in a while for cheap.

opening-ceremony-colourblock-tshirt.jpg

If i like these, can i be considered legally insane?

Furthermore, can someone point to a pair of raw jeans without the classic jeans pockets so i can make my own and not pay 280$ this skimpy piece of Opening Ceremony denim?

Edit: Talking about the shorts ofc.

^^ They're going to fit different than your 5010's the rise on the 610 is really LOW, which is what put me off of them. the rise on the 710's is more traditional and sits higher = a little more room.

yea that how I wear um at least... 610's fit WAY too much like really low rise jeans and I couldn't stand it. no fit pics for ya though, check the Sam thread I'm sure theres some in there.

im gonna post this here instead of the overrun wasteland that is the apc denim thread, cause i want someone to answer who actually knows their stuff:

how does one size the washed apc jeans? specifically, if i have a pair of size 30 raw petite standards that fit immaculately after stretching, what size do I get in a washed pair

Last year I sprang for a pair of Samurai 24ozs with arcs and tabs; I sized true to waist but they were -huge- even after I washed them, especially in the seat and thighs. Loved the denim and style though.

If I sized pre-wash down one from true waist (i.e. I'm a 32 waist, I'd get a 31) and then soaked with the jeans on me, would the waist still stretch out to a comfortable fit?

Noob questions....

Is it just me, or are visible rivets more desirable than hidden rivets? I mean (correct me if I'm wrong), but doesn't exposed rivets create for a stronger, more sturdy pair of jeans? I'm sure this is why Levi's chose exposed rivets over hidden rivets to began with.

I have nothing against hidden rivets, but exposed rivets appear to be more sturdy.

Okay I don't want to sound too dumb here.. But how do I go about measuring my waist? I am currently wearing Levi 501 33x34 and they fit pretty decent maybe a bit loose... But when I measure with a tape measure I always get 37". How am I doing this wrong? I am going right where I wear my jeans. Can someone help me with this?

Measuring the Waist

Step 1: Button up the jean.

Step 2: Lay the jean out flat with the top front edge even with the top back edge.

Step 3: Measure from one side of the waist to the other.

Step 4: Double this measurement

WAIST%20copy_1.jpg

makes sense, however I am reading that it is more beneficial to measure your actual waist and go from there. Whenever I measure the jeans they are the size they are tagged for, but my waist is always a few inches bigger. Surely I can't be measuring wrong, it's an easy task.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic