SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

its worth a shot to ask. at the same time you might feel more comfortable with someone that deals mainly with denim to do such a job

Yeah, not sure where I could find someone like that though. Anyone know of a good denim tailor in nyc?

ETA- This place came up in google, anyone have experience? They're conveniently located so I might just give them a try if no one has any suggestions

http://denimsurgeon.com/

I'm currently wearing a pair of Nudie Big Bengt's in a size 36. I'm looking to get a new pair of jeans, perferrably in some higher quality denim. Does anyone know of a brand that makes a similar cut to this? I'm mainly looking for it to be big enough in the thighs (I do not have the sufu body type) while still being pretty slim/tapered through the lower leg and leg opening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

subjective Q on denim weights - in the heat, how much do you have to go up before you feel a serious difference?

For my next pair, the raw weight of the models I'm looking at stretches from 12oz to 15, give or take. I'll be wearing these through the Texas summer - at night, if not during the day. Trying to decide if 3oz of denim weight will seriously effect my comfort level.

since the "shoes that look better with age" thread is here, figure i'd give it a try:

can anyone compare the Alden Roy boots to something like say, chucks or vans sizing? never had a shoe like this before (have owned only 1 pair of dress shoes all my life since i was a freshman in high school, and even those were from some wholesale shop in downtown LA.) any help would be appreciated. for reference: the shoe is done on the barrie last

since the "shoes that look better with age" thread is here, figure i'd give it a try:

can anyone compare the Alden Roy boots to something like say, chucks or vans sizing? never had a shoe like this before (have owned only 1 pair of dress shoes all my life since i was a freshman in high school, and even those were from some wholesale shop in downtown LA.) any help would be appreciated. for reference: the shoe is done on the barrie last

size down one from your vans. or size down half from your chucks.

Quick question: what are some jeans that have bigger thighs but don't have excess material at the ass? I'm thinking about giving up on my APC rescues, they fit my thighs great but I'd like a closer fit around my butt so I don't get any kind of hip flare...

Quick question: what are some jeans that have bigger thighs but don't have excess material at the ass? I'm thinking about giving up on my APC rescues, they fit my thighs great but I'd like a closer fit around my butt so I don't get any kind of hip flare...

actually, could someone recommend something similar to this? i've got a pretty large ass and large thighs. I'm trying to find something that will look a bit slimming on me

i'm going to africa on a couple safaris and wanted to bring in a new pair of jeans to wear on the trip. i will be there in the wintertime where it tops out at 60 degrees

was thinking something on the heavier side (closer to 20oz) and tougher...besides ironheart what else would you guys recommend?

i have large thighs so i'm looking for more of a straight cut.

searched but couldn't find anything on CHAINSTICHING IN CONNECTICUT...

Does anyone know of place(s) that chainstich in Connecticut or Southern Mass?

thanks in advance

I need a little help with the sizing of Samurai 710, these will be my first japanese jeans. These are the ones Im talking about: http://en.item.rakuten.com/2nd/sj-s710xx19oz/

I measured my LVC 1966 who fit regular on me, and they are 86 cm in waist and 29 cm in the thigh. I also measured a second pair I own, who are a bit more snug (which I like) and they measure 84 cm in waist and 28 cm in thigh.

And a second question, is it good to order directly from rakuten, or is it better to order via a proxy service?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic