SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What do you guys think about a thread that talks about accessories like what bags, backpacks, pouches and whatnot you wear to complete the denim looks ? Got inspired by the latest posts of IH bags ...

great idea...I know you asked this over a month ago...did you get it started?

I wrote a press release for Levi's once, with a list of famous wearers. By the time it was released, someone had 'improved' it to mention James Dean, too.

I am only guessing - but the pockets look a bit long, the Foremost had slightly deeper pockets i think.

Anyway, here ya go, compare and contrast!

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/LotDetail2.aspx?lotid=1458

http://www.marilynmonroecollection.com/Lot7.htm

I am just wondering for you folks who wash your jeans. I just got a pair of Flatheads and it has the stiff dry feel which i like.....but doesnt hot-soaking it like many sufu people recommend....doesnt that get rid of the dry stiff feeling?

read taht good jeans like Flathead usualyl doesnt result in much indigo loss, so thats the only tihng im worried about

What companies make cut of jeans that are liberal in the thigh department, but allow for a tighter fit elsewhere?

LVC is a good choice. Paul T just made a good post in the LVC thread:

For a skinny 501 the 66 is the best; it's more tapered, and has wider thighs so it is easier to downsize. Plus of course the 505.

I agreed the LVC 1967 505 is a good choice.

Anybody have any good picture of bootcut fits?

I really want to be a bootcut pair

I'm thinking of either Pure Blue Japan XX-004 or Iron Heart 461

Man, we should have a thread for bootcuts

IIRC Flathead 3007 and Studio D'Artisan 105 are boot cut too - could be worth checking them out.

Shoes that go well with slim jeans? Preferably sneakers that allow the jeans to drape nicely. Don't know if that makes sense (?)

If you're looking for sneakers, find something low profile like Chuck Taylors or Vans - bulky shoes are disproportionate.

I am just wondering for you folks who wash your jeans. I just got a pair of Flatheads and it has the stiff dry feel which i like.....but doesnt hot-soaking it like many sufu people recommend....doesnt that get rid of the dry stiff feeling?

Definitely soak your Flatheads - they will shrink to fit. Let them air dry (do not put them in the dryer) and they will still be stiff after they dry.

read taht good jeans like Flathead usualyl doesnt result in much indigo loss, so thats the only tihng im worried about

Add laundry starch when you soak them; it retains that stiff dry feel.

I can tell you that I looked far and wide for a great bootcut. I've settled on a pair of Iron Heart IH-461S. They are a slight bootcut -- before I got into raw denim I wore a lot of Diesel Zathans and Ruehl Vandams and the 461s are not as flared out as those. I've worn a pair of Nudie Ralphs and they're kinda like that.

And damn they are stubborn -- a 21 ounces, they're pretty heavy. Everything else feels like paper. I love it. Urban battle armor.

A friend of mine has a pair of Studio D'Artisan SD-105s and they looked pretty well cut as well. Similar to the Iron Heart 461s in that they didn't seem really flared.

Anybody have any good picture of bootcut fits?

I really want to be a bootcut pair

I'm thinking of either Pure Blue Japan XX-004 or Iron Heart 461

Man, we should have a thread for bootcuts

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic