SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What's the f*cking story? I notice that first Evisu began charging extra for size 38, then Eternal for 38 and up, now Denime is charging $27 extra for size 34 and up!! How can they justify this shit? I guess as long as we are willing to pay. I was going to buy a pair of Denime 66xx, but not now.

So I've been wearing my New Standards for exactly 6 months and a week.

I want to do a soak right now then wash them in a couple months or so.

If I'm right, cold soak removes less indigo than a hot soak?

Also, detergent like Dr. Bronners and Woolite Dark will remove less indigo than normal detergent?

One more question, where can I find Samurai Thunder Soap? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance, guys.

What's the f*cking story? I notice that first Evisu began charging extra for size 38, then Eternal for 38 and up, now Denime is charging $27 extra for size 34 and up!! How can they justify this shit? I guess as long as we are willing to pay. I was going to buy a pair of Denime 66xx, but not now.

Recession…

anyone know if there's a thread dedicated to wallets? specifically of the leather variety

eg. redmoon, LGC, FH etc.

thanks

The EVO thread. There's a wallet thread somewhere but don't know what its called.

Any one know where I can find the 1934 lee 101b with the patch on the left side of he hip can't seem to find them cultizm didn't have them.

I know you're in the states, but Aeroleather (UK) have them, but they are historically inaccurate. My advice would be to go for the 1930 101 real vintage cowboy, which are basically the same pant, but much better in terms of accurate hardware (eg. suspender buttons), and Cultizm have those.. :)

anyone know if its possible to get a price correction from uniqlo japan?

i ordered some shirts through Hide a couple days ago and today they are on sale. HIde said that I cant get a price correction or return them and then re-buy them at the sale price, but i dont know if hes fully understanding what im asking.

is this not possible to do in Japan?

Light fabric? Sugarcane is what you need. These jeans might cut it:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=476

As for uniqlo issues, you can return and get them cheaper (if you're sneaky), but since you are working with a proxy, it is an issue that has to be worked out between the both of you.

I would hem the flatheads to a 32, but many people like the "stacking" look.

Imperial shearers are are loose in the thigh with an extreme taper. Samurai 710xx is a slim tapered jean, but the taper is less extreme. Shearers are a strange cut, I would try them on before getting them.

Guest IbRiNgHoMeDaBaCon

I understand the concept of not washing until needed.. but really what is the point of that? Is it to get contrast in your fades... or what?

Because my apcs overstretched and I want to shrink them.. so Idk if I want to wash or soak.. it's been 3 months.. I soaked twice already and people say it's too much.. and I don't want to overdue anything.. but they're too loose to do anything...

Any word on how long it takes for BiG hemming alterations for an online order? Just wondering as I'll be out of town for a certain amount of time but had to buy since it was the last pair...

EDIT: Nevermind, Gordon replied to my e-mail...what a stand up guy, amazing service as always!

Some guy is selling some tan apc standards for 50 bucks buy it now *new* on ebay... does this look fake to you? He's selling several sizes from 25-27 I think.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-155-A-P-C-apc-A-P-C-STANDARD-tan-denim-sz-26_W0QQitemZ360172574602QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item53dbf5578a&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14#ht_4459wt_1165

As for uniqlo issues, you can return and get them cheaper (if you're sneaky), but since you are working with a proxy, it is an issue that has to be worked out between the both of you.

so returns are allowed in japanese stores?

I'm looking for Japanese jeans with a lighter fabric, so they're more comfortable wearing in the summer.

Any suggestions?

Preferably 11-12oz

BiG has some 11 oz ones here:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5735&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

anyone know where to get Ooe yofokuten jeans online??

...where can I find a boot similar in look to the Lone Wolf Carpenter style shoe? Aside from being hard to find in the states, it doesn't appear that they exist at all in a US size 12 shoe (although I have seen where historypreservation thinks they will be available in 2010). Surely, someone else makes laces that come down the toe box in a boot form with a modest heel and not much more than an ankle height. Any ideas?

0c739172dc161e6cddd1d98c60ecddcf.jpg

where does one get a custom designed run of japanese made denim and jeans in quantities of 100 to 500 pairs?

...where can I find a boot similar in look to the Lone Wolf Carpenter style shoe? Aside from being hard to find in the states, it doesn't appear that they exist at all in a US size 12 shoe (although I have seen where historypreservation thinks they will be available in 2010). Surely, someone else makes laces that come down the toe box in a boot form with a modest heel and not much more than an ankle height. Any ideas?

0c739172dc161e6cddd1d98c60ecddcf.jpg

wesco lace to toe boots looks almost the same as the lonewolfs

just get a low porfile sole like a single leather with vibram full sole and get their shinnier type leather lonewolfs have 2 tone stitchings too! ou can get that over at wesco's too

wesco lace to toe boots looks almost the same as the lonewolfs

just get a low porfile sole like a single leather with vibram full sole and get their shinnier type leather lonewolfs have 2 tone stitchings too! ou can get that over at wesco's too

Hey thanks! I'll look into that. I like how the Lone Wolfs go a little further down the toe box, but the Wesco appears to be a decent alternative notwithstanding the fact the lone wolfs aren't even an option for me at this point ;-) Those Wesco's get expensive though. Trying to price out a custom pair and was over $800 which I guess isn't bad for a custom boot, but maybe a little too rich for my blood right now.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic