SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Tapering

With regards to fading, is it ever too late to taper? Specifically, would the wear shift if tapering was done pretty far along the fading process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

if it were me, I'd get the tapering done as soon as possible, cause I think it might look a little odd.

but my advice is this...

don't taper.

...why would you advise against it?

because I don't like tapered jeans very much

and

because if you are asking this question, you most likely have fades that are going to change once tapered which would look...

weird.

and looking weird outweighs the effects of tapering in importance. I bet you can get by without tapering and look just as cool.

I tapered a pair of jeans, and they went from never being worn, to being my best fitting jeans. I highly recommend it, so long as you have a competent tailor.

Also you can taper whenever you want, but the fading from stacking will shift with them. The more you taper the stranger it will look. It can also effect honeycombs on the back of the knee, depending on where the taper is done from (by the way, point out where you want this to be to the tailor before hand!).

Will it make you look completely retarded if the fading shifts an inch? No. In fact, I bet most people wouldn't ever notice. Then again we are not most people, so you may want to reconsider. I'd have serious doubts about it personally if my jeans were older than a month or two.

Unless your jeans have some distinct fading going on (rather than slight lightening along the creases) another month or two after tapering and you won't be able to tell anything has shifted. Just wear them. Noboy on the street is gonna criticize you for shifted marks, or even notice. In fact, I doubt anyone on here will notice either.

Go ahead and taper them if it means you'll like the fit more. Just make sure the tailor knows what he's doing.

I've searched and searched on whole Sufu but I haven't found any anwser to my question.

Where do you guys get patterns for making own jeans? Is there a place to get a pattern and then customize it to your liking? Or do I have to rip apart one of my jeans?

yo str8 noobin...i spilled diet dr pepper on my jean shopz last night (chasing bourbon concept)

would wash except i just did like two weeks ago due to sitting in some chick's puke

u can't really see the soda right now...do i need to take care of it right away? will it stain? fade over time? if i just leave it will it show up after a few washes?

yo str8 noobin...i spilled diet dr pepper on my jean shopz last night (chasing bourbon concept)

would wash except i just did like two weeks ago due to sitting in some chick's puke

u can't really see the soda right now...do i need to take care of it right away? will it stain? fade over time? if i just leave it will it show up after a few washes?

I don't know the correct answer, but I just leave it when I spill stuff on my jeans. I have balsamic vinegar and all sorts of stuff that spilled all over mine, but I just leave it. I think it makes it part of the story. Although that may not be the preferred method :confused:.

hey guys

i want to ask you something

do you know any store in Sydney that sells denim that similiar with APC denim? But it is cheaper. The store that i like is Uniqlo. It sells a lot of Denims that similiar with APC but it is cheaper and i like that. But im afraid there isn't Uniqlo store in Sydney. So guys can you give me suggestions??

coke has an pH of about 2.5. dr. pepper's around that

i would soak in water with baking soda(no agitation) for a couple minutes to neutralize it and then rinse it out.

for reference(for those of you that don't know pH)

distilled water has a pH of 7

battery acid has a pH of 1

I'm a w29 l33 person and I'm under the impression that I should buy w30 l36 LVC 1947 501 because of the shrinkage. But I have a low budget this season, and I doubt that there is any constant supply on w30 l36 1947 501. If Cultizm's w30 l36 Valencian 1947 501 goes out of stock, is there a possibility that I find another w30 l36 stocks in the market next year?

I'm a w29 l33 person and I'm under the impression that I should buy w30 l36 LVC 1947 501 because of the shrinkage. But I have a low budget this season, and I doubt that there is any constant supply on w30 l36 1947 501. If Cultizm's w30 l36 Valencian 1947 501 goes out of stock, is there a possibility that I find another w30 l36 stocks in the market next year?

that could be tough. I'd imagine that Dejan got all he could get and wont be getting any more for a while now.

if I were you and I had the cash, I'd go ahead and get them. better safe than sorry if its something you're really into.

Hi I wonder if you can help me. I saw a guy earlier today who was wearing a pair of selvedge jeans. The question I have is about the arcs.

The arcs were just like levi's, but rotated 180 degrees (so they looked upside down) and then rotated maybe another 45 degrees so they looked like they were on an angle.

Now I know i should've asked him, but I was in a rush - does anyone here know which brand they were?

I just watched the movie Porky's and noticed there's quite a bit of exposed selvage. (particularly 14 mins in when some guys are crawling through a window) I thought this was strange being that it came out in '82.

Porky's came out in 82, but it was set in 1954. That probably explains all the selvage.

just got this skull leather bracelet... http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BC115_C01.html

it would fit perfectly, but i cant get it over my hand... the fabfour guys told me to put it in water because it will stretch, but won't that ruin the leather?

i dont think so. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it common for leather-makers to soak or dampen leather prior to molding (such as for shoes) so that the leather can be molded or stretched into the right shape? i may have also read somewhere that water content actually strengthens the leather when it's moist. just dont dry it in direct heat, that would def ruin the leather.

Hi I wonder if you can help me. I saw a guy earlier today who was wearing a pair of selvedge jeans. The question I have is about the arcs.

The arcs were just like levi's, but rotated 180 degrees (so they looked upside down) and then rotated maybe another 45 degrees so they looked like they were on an angle.

Now I know i should've asked him, but I was in a rush - does anyone here know which brand they were?

these?

evisupocket.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic