SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

french noob here ...

why a lot of members soak their jeans before wearing them ?

I'm wearing mine raw, and I wonder why SuFu's members don't wear them raw ...

thanks

Two reasons.

For raw jeans, the soak gets the shrinking out of the way; if you don't, some of the wear lines will not be consistent when you start wearing them after the first wash. This actually isn't that big a problem in real life, and if you really like the crispness of new jeans, it's not as big a no-no as is generally thought.

For Sanforized jeans, the idea is to get rid of the starch, and make them softer - it can also help prevent broken threads. Most people don't bother, however, as you have a lovely sheen on Sanforized jeans that is part of the charm.

This could possibly be a n00b question but from looking around it seems the majority of jeans rip in the crotch. Do all raw denim jeans end up ripping in the crotch at some point or does it depend how you wear them and stuff? Im planning to get a second pair soon and wanna try to get a pair i dont have to be really worried about that happening too. Thanks

jeans that are particularly slim fitted in the thigh are more prone to crotch blow outs. So jeans people have sized down or are just naturally tight are more likely to have the problem.

It really isn't that big of a deal and I think its pretty hard to avoid when you are wearing your jeans every day. Its just an awful lot of stress to put on the fabric and stitching. crotch repairs are easily done at home or by a professional. but you should try to get it done before a full-blown crotch blowout appears. you can always tell when its right around the corner.

Yea I figured it had to be more common in slim fitting jeans and such bc there is more strain. I was jw if heavier denim had less of a chance of ripping or if that didn't really make a difference. Yea patching your crotch isn't that hard I just had to do it with my nudies but it's just a bmmmer that we all pay so much for the jeans and then have to have patches and miss matched thread all over the crotches but I guess it all goes with making them more unique. Thanks for the response.

I decided to soak them then repair them cuz they just ripped again where I patched it. My next pair of jeans is definitly gunna be looser than the SJDJ I have now. It really sucks having big thighs bc then from the knee down is really baggy.

Anyone have some tips on stretching out my denim?

I just got a pair of 28 Imperial Dukes, but they're REALLY tight, i can button the top two buttons.

So... i was wondering if there were any methods or tips that could help stretch out the denim faster. Besides just wearing them, or sleeping in them.

Anyone have some tips on stretching out my denim?

I just got a pair of 28 Imperial Dukes, but they're REALLY tight, i can button the top two buttons.

So... i was wondering if there were any methods or tips that could help stretch out the denim faster. Besides just wearing them, or sleeping in them.

Get a waistband stretcher. I got mine from a friend, but a quick search on google should do the trick.

You can buy some here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=waistband+stretcher+&x=16&y=25

sorry if this has been asked before but i'll ask anyway.

i hemmed most of my jeans except the last pair

and today my friend told me something about the roping effect

is it true my hemmed jeans wont get the same "beautiful" roping effect

as any other unhemmed jeans?

does the chainstich on hem matter?

light me up please.

i'm getting ready to buy a pair of warehouse 660s. this will be my first pair of unsanforized denim. i got a sz 30 for my apc ns and they fit me perfectly (after breaking them in of course). was wondering what size i'll need to get for the 660s.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=38472

how 'bout you educate yourself in the thread dedicated to your first pair of unsanforized denim?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic