SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so ive been wearing some PBJ 005s since may. after the first wash, about 4 months in, i noticed some cracking on the back of the knee where the combs are. certainly something ive seen on SUFU, but not experienced myself.

after the 2nd wash at around 6-7 months, there was excessive cracking. it almost looks like the denim was shredded along some of the honey combs lines.

what is the reason for this? it makes the jeans look like shit.

I think it's due to the fact that if you only soaked them once, there is still starch in this area. When it adds to dirt and sweat, it damages the fabric in an area that works a lot. I only had this problem when I waited a long time for a first wash after only a soak. Now that I do my first wash earlier, I have yet to have that problem again.

I like the taper and the slimness of the APC NS below the knee, but the thighs are a little too tight for my tastes, what is similar to the APC NS but looser up top?

Thanks.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3062&category_id=&manufacturer_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

okay, so these are my 710s. they're huge right now (34 waist, 38 leg; i wear a 32.5/33 in the waist and a 32 in the leg so i can roll them) since they're shrink-to-fit and i haven't soaked; and they are going to be hemmed 4 inches (so they'll be a 34, and then a 32 post-wash)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/3171453756_becb450fa4.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1222/3170622649_5e662d2dfb.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/3171455884_ffb98d8571.jpg?v=0

and i want them to fit like this

3171456724_ca14f884aa.jpg

3171457614_c412bb9c57.jpg

through the leg.

basically i'm wondering if it'll come close to this post-soak+hemming?

ummmm the waist will shrink apprx 2 inches and the length to about what you want it to be.. the overall dimensions of the jeans dont change much.. so pretty much what you bought wont change significantly ( other than waist and inseam)

hope this helps

do people on here buy semi worn in jeans? I have a pair of skull 5010 6x6 (6 month-ish) and a pair of sam 710s (3 month-ish) that I never wear anymore, both have been rinsed and washed. what sort of money would people pay for these?

Where is the cheapest place on the web to purchase APC NCs in size 28?

Sorry, I am not keen on a whole lot of digging (especially in a hundreds of pages long thread...)

my first guess is ebay. ive seen some apc bidding wars going on. the bid started at 100 for some brand new nc's.

I'm going to buy the PS A.P.C's

I have a size 27and a half waist. Should I go with a true 27 or 28?

So in their sizes, 25, or 26

PS standing for post -soak im guessing... go with the 25 because it will stretch a little ( maybe an inch or so)

Hope this helps :)

PS standing for post -soak im guessing... go with the 25 because it will stretch a little ( maybe an inch or so)

Hope this helps :)

I meant petite standard but I'm hoping that your answer is still correct because I was thinking that :D Thanks now, and in advance again.

edit: Wait I'm slightly confused, are you saying I would soak them, then start wearing? Or wouldnt I wear them straight out of the box?

I meant petite standard but I'm hoping that your answer is still correct because I was thinking that :D Thanks now, and in advance again.

edit: Wait I'm slightly confused, are you saying I would soak them, then start wearing? Or wouldnt I wear them straight out of the box?

are they raw?? if they are, you would definitely want to soak , or else all your fades/etc. will be totally off.

apc are sanfordized. doesnt matter if you soak or not. you can wear right out of the box if you want.

yup, or you can soak it just to get that little bit of shrinking out ( however minimal it is)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic