WORST FALL OR INJURY

MONIKER

couple weeks ago caught my back edge right before lauchin off this little clif in Whistler... fell on my back right at the top of the cliff... that broke two bones in my back... to add insult to injury... i slid down the rest of the cliff on my back n got scraped/bruised up... n even worse... tore some of the /\G stitching off my analog puff... PCHA!

broken finger

cracked ribs, multiple times

bad fall misaligned my pelvis a year and a half ago...leg muscles started tightening up 2 weeks later and foot started to go numb...this was quite a bit more horrible than it sounds. 2 months of physical therapy 3 times a week. feelin good now tho except for a heel bruise :)

GOT PUSHED OFF THE BACK END OF A PLAYGROUND SLIDE - BROKEN ARM, 4 YRS OLD

SEVERE ANKLE ROLLS - CRUTCHES

TOE EDGE CAUGHT AT THE LIP OF A HIP AT MT. HIGH. HEAD FIRST STRAIGHT TO FLAT - DISLOCATED COLLAR.

FOR AS LONG AS I'VE BEEN RIDING I'D HAVE TO SAY I'VE BEEN SUPER LUCKY... [knock, knock]

SHIT IS WACK

pushed off my bike, broken wrist - 10 yrs old. -still in pain

sprained ACL skiing. 12 yrs ago. hate skis.

slipped disc and pinched nerve from loading planes.

rolled left ankle many times from bball.

hyperextended back 2 weeks ago riding in Vermont. I've been to the chiropractor 3 times this week. sucks!

Quote:

what the hell were you doing??

--- Original message by stickykrylon on Apr 7, 2005 08:20 AM

haha, stickykrylon: cracked ribs: 1) lipslide on wooden bench at speed, stick, fly foward land on hand, elbow jams into ribcage 2) 50-50 on long round flatbar slip out, go straight to ribs 3) another long round flatbar incident. getting out of bed is problematic quite a while after each incident :) horrible.

misaligned pelvis: mach 10 frontside bluntslide on flatbar at local park. this is at a covered outdoor (former) basketball court with steel beams around the edge of the park holding up the roof. bluntslide completely sticks, i go flying backward toward a beam. normally i would land on my backside and just roll out of it but due to the beam i can't or else i'd split my head open on it, so i just land straight to that bone that sticks out right at your lower back (that's part of your pelvis), super hard, and just stick there instead of rolling so that my head doesn't go into the beam (inches away). turns out this basically rotated the right side of my pelvis. chiropractor, physical therapist and lots of stretches and exercises finally got me realigned and stable enough so that it wouldn't rotate out again. there you have it, long story :)

I was always pretty lucky as far as serious injury from skating / general stupid behavior was concerned, but a mate of mine has to be the most accident prone person I know. He fucked his leg up really badly after an ill-advised attempt to rail grind four flights of concrete steps in a park. Broke the leg in multiple places and spent the next couple of months in a cast followed by another six months of physio. He finally gets a clean bill of health and decides to take up trampolining (don't ask). On his first day he tries to copy a trick that my then girlfriend (who had been a competitve gymnast for about ten years) showed him, fucked it up, landed on his head and broke his neck. Very nearly didn't walk again. Spent about six months in hospital and had a bunch of surgery. Guy's neck looks like his head was sewn on by Dr Frankenstein. Leg looks like it was rejected by Dr Frankenstein.

He's a scuba diving instructor these days...which doesn't really bear thinking about too much.

- broken arm (10 yrs. old), failed attempt to hurdle one of those rocker things

- 12 stitches right hand index finger (7th grade), thought I was gully with my fresh set of AJ IV's and my finger got caught in the chain-link net

- near drowning (16 yrs.old), triple-overhead at 15th street Newport Beach

thought you was the next man

play fighting with my best friend at a bar. i jumped on his back and gave him a choke hold. he takes my arm flips me around and throws me off his back. he tosses me and doesn't notice a pool table...my head nails the metal corner of the pool table. to be exact, my eye socket hits the corner. i can't react that fast enough because i'm wasted. i have a black eye and my eyelid gets cut (a few more milimetres and i would have lost my sight). i had to get 8 stitches to my eyelid. when they froze the area i swear to god the needle punctured my eyeball.

im just waiting for some asshole to try and school me because i am probably wrong. oh wait....no i'm not.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hit by drunk on duty cop on my bike while crossing the street with the light in a thunderstorm when I was 9. Broken femur and traction for 9 weeks, then a body cast from my ribs to my toe on one leg and from the ribs to my knee on the non broken one, with a nice bar in the middle so I had to lay with my legs open and flat on my back for 2 months.

Unless you got your throat slit or broke your back, I win, not that it's a good thread to win...

walked head on, at full brisk walking speed, through a plate glass window. my head was down, i was peeping the new bobdigital watch i'd gotten for xmas '91. i'd finally figured out all the settings, and went to show the fam, having drinks in the backyard.

i blast from the living room through to the outside. loud explosion. whole fam in silence, shocked---i had NO injuries! or so it seemed. mom begins to inspect my face, and everyone else is still looking at me, unable to conceive of the illmaticism they'd just witnessed.

they sat me down on the stairway, as i'm a bit shaken up. i mean, shit was LOUD! i'd walked through the shit, not into it. my left leg was the only thing still in the living room, because when i heard the noise i froze. i looked down and saw no blood, no scrapes or skins. then i notice a red spot on my inner left knee, and it's getting bigger. quickly.

'take your pants off', says my uncle. i politely refuse. then dad comes over. 'take your pants off.' i immediately thought of how much it sounded like dialogue from an afterschool special. so i laugh. no one is laughing with me, so eventually the pants come off---LARGE laceration on my knee, looked like a big red eye. a giant bloody almond shape. 28 stitches.

oh and word, we get to the hospital and dude who sews me up is the flaminest of firebreathing queens i'd ever met who was an MD. and while sewing, he is literally DRIPPING SWEAT all over my leg. on the real! i was like uh...dude. DUDE.

yeah, i'm ok now. but the scar is always good bar convo.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA