washing help and other questions

jacincm

Now before you guys flame me, I already read the encyclopedia and I didn't find my answer to my simple question. I have a pair of stf's and ive been wearing them for a few months and i have some good creases and combs. My question is, when i wash them, will my creases and honeycombs go away? Also i want a fade right where my whiskers are not just the whole area, just the whiskers. Should I starch the creases regularly to make them hard? Will that go more of a fade.?Or if my creases are softer will they get a better fade? Also I'm thinking about getting a new pair of stfs. I wan't to enjoy the sheen. Is there a way to shrink them to fit me without losing the sheen? sorry for the long post. thanks for your help.

You should check out the definitive STF thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12464

But to answer your questions, jeans will fade anywhere there are abrasions or tension on the denim, so it is impossible to have only the whiskers themselves fade, although they will most likely be the area that fades the most. Starch will help to define the whiskers and give a sharper, more contrasted fade; however, some people will argue that starch creates an "unnatural" fade, so it is up to you whether you want to go that route. Finally, STFs lose a lot of color when washed, so unless you wait a long time to wash them (over a year) or have them drycleaned, you are unlikely to end up with a really contrasted fade.

STF are budget bottom barrel - wear them until they stink like ..

starch maybe once a week , then once a month after the 1st month if you plan to wear them doing heavy stuff 4-5 days a week .. skating , biking , weighlifting , hiking etc ..

lots of work in them then yea starch and give them a cold soak after month 3 - quickly or wait til month 5-6 and wash inside out ...