Skincare recommendations

2000dB

bump. any recommendations for dark spot/acne scar correctors?

Mix some oatmeal with yogurt (lots of people say "organic", but I use dannon's greek vanilla so I can eat it too) and honey.

Put it on every night for like 20 mins.

Does wonders.

stopped using any type of facial wash.

stopped using my olay facial lotion + spf15

only using Paula's BHA 2% both day and night [as my daily facial cream now] and you know what? no major breakouts .... wow

aside from a few ingrown hair, my skin has been pretty good. more so, the BHA 2% really repairs the skin quick if i have a blemish (2-3 days). Also clears up dark spots ^

Sort of surprised / anticipating when it goes horrible wrong.

fyi, i read because my skin gets a bit oily by end of the day, i should use some type of face cream with BHA hence my switch over.

• 1 month later...

I have enlarged pores on my nose that I can see up close in the mirror. I have been using Kiehl`s rare earth facial wash to no avail. Any other recommendations?

i use kiehl's rare earth pore minmizing lotion. it doesnt really hide the pores that well, but it works well controlling my oils.

I am very surprised with the results:

My diet has not changed much. I still stay away from anything that has dairy and eat soy as little as possible. Also stay away from too much salt and sodium.

I have stopped using any face wash as well as lotion. I read somewhere that if you have oily skin, you should find a lotion that is acid base. I chose to use my liquid night product from Paula's Choice, "Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant "

I started using this night AND day and my skin has been very calm. it also clears and repairs very quickly 1-3 days if blemishes do occur that I really like because it is actually that fast unlike commercialized OTC products.

Shaving and ingrown hair have also been minimized. Very pleased at the moment

what you described is exactly what i had:

here's what i use:

http://us.clarinsmen...product_56.html

http://us.clarinsmen...product_60.html

active face wash and the moisture gel...it's important that you take the gel when you have oily skin issue!

good luck!

I second this rec. It took me 5+ years to find the perfect regime, and for oily, sensitive skin like mine, I have never found a better regime than the one Clarins provides. As a plus, the face wash and lotion seem to go a long way, and the lotion also tones, cutting out an extra step you may have to take in the morning.

i use kiehl's rare earth pore minmizing lotion. it doesnt really hide the pores that well, but it works well controlling my oils.

Try Mario Badescu silver powder.

Really cheap and effective to clean out your pores.

I use it once a week along with pore strips and it gets all the dirt out of your pores (which is what causes them to be enlarged)

Anyway less is more! when it comes to what you use on your face.

Cetaphil works great for me

To chime in again, if you are breaking out frequently, stop touching your face. It's surprissing how often you will subconciously touch your face throughout the day. Touching your face introduces a lot of bacteria that can cause breakouts.

I second this rec. It took me 5+ years to find the perfect regime, and for oily, sensitive skin like mine, I have never found a better regime than the one Clarins provides. As a plus, the face wash and lotion seem to go a long way, and the lotion also tones, cutting out an extra step you may have to take in the morning.

what are the actual links to these products you are mentioning?

Try Mario Badescu silver powder.

Really cheap and effective to clean out your pores.

I use it once a week along with pore strips and it gets all the dirt out of your pores (which is what causes them to be enlarged)

Anyway less is more! when it comes to what you use on your face.

Cetaphil works great for me

does the pore strips + silver powder remove and help reduce black heads? I have a lot on my nose and I use just the pore strips, but it comes back after a coupe of days or so.

also what toner/astringent you use for the silver powder?

i think black heads is like on the top of my hit list, but don't know how to get rid or reduce them.

I use to use proactive which i thought worked very well, but i don't break out so stopped using it. I might get it again just to see how well it helps at keeping my skin looking smooth.

I also have large pores on my nose which i HATE! Might have to try those black head strips and see if that helps. I used one from my sister and my god, there were so many that came off. I would think that would help in making them smaller since they're clogged up.

wish i also had insurance to go to the doctor and see what's up with this redness around my nose.

Yep I have black heads on my nose too and the silver powder has really helped. Pore strips are Not so effective on their own but use the silver powder first , then wipe it off with witch hazel then use a pore strip. It gets out at least twice as much dirt . I have been Doing this for a month (once a week) and am seeing results. Don't over wash or scrub your face if you choose I try this otherwise it will most likely get oily to compensate. I find toner really helps too.

To clean my face I also use this thing called a DDf which is this battery operated brush that revolves in a circular motion. I think this has helped get the dirt out of my pores .

Long and vain post but hope this helps!

a

what are the actual links to these products you are mentioning?

does the pore strips + silver powder remove and help reduce black heads? I have a lot on my nose and I use just the pore strips, but it comes back after a coupe of days or so.

also what toner/astringent you use for the silver powder?

i think black heads is like on the top of my hit list, but don't know how to get rid or reduce them.

I have remaining deep ance scars, any home remedies to eliminate them?

Not a home remedy, but one thing I do is use a AHA or BHA product to speed up the healing process. I use a "

3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment" by Neutrogena and it helps to I guess renew your skin by speeding up the cellular turnover. Its about 6 bucks at the drug store.

What I usually use every morning and every night,

La Roche Posay effaclar gel cleanser

la-roche-posay-effaclar-gel-moussant-purifiant-200ml.jpg

Clarisonic mia 2 (tips from a gay dude with one of the best facial skin I've ever seen, it cleans your skin 6x better than manual cleansing can ever do). Best investment you will ever make for your face.

IMG_3012.JPG

Finish off with some aesop bitter orange astringent toner + a moisturizer

OTA0OTg4MDMw.jpg

Edited by riskyrukus

bump. any recommendations for dark spot/acne scar correctors?

I've been using the whitening serums from UNT skincare http://www.shopunt.com/. EX WHITE if you have dry skin and EX WHITE 2 if you have oily skin. They use proven ingredients and the customer support is amazing (ask for full ingredient listing/recommendations etc.).

Dark spots really do disappear... it's not a magic eraser, so stubborn spots might take awhile. It took me about 2 weeks to see a noticeable difference (mind you, the spots didn't completely disappear). I've been using it for like 2 months now and the spots I had are gone completely.

why does no1 talk about proactiv? really that bad? i've used it for 1-2 years now... seems ok?

Nothing special about Proactiv, it's just Benzoyl Peroxide (common ingredient in many OTC acne products, but not good for your skin). It works, but it also nukes your skin.

Edited by IWishIWasADino

Yep I have black heads on my nose too and the silver powder has really helped. Pore strips are Not so effective on their own but use the silver powder first , then wipe it off with witch hazel then use a pore strip. It gets out at least twice as much dirt . I have been Doing this for a month (once a week) and am seeing results. Don't over wash or scrub your face if you choose I try this otherwise it will most likely get oily to compensate. I find toner really helps too.

To clean my face I also use this thing called a DDf which is this battery operated brush that revolves in a circular motion. I think this has helped get the dirt out of my pores .

Long and vain post but hope this helps!

a

What is this witch hazel you speak of? I just ordered some silver powder

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone with oily/acne prone/acne scar'ed skin should use Retin-A, that shit is godly and it's scientifically proven to increase collagen in skin, even out skin tone and fade scarring. At first it removes the acne and keeps it at bay, and then after 6-12months you'll see that red inflammation and scarring has faded. And this is coming from someone who has used everything under the sun! Go to a doctors visit and ask a prescription ASAP!

are these clarisonic things legit? have read mixed reviews and they are usually by girls that obv wear makeup. i have super dry/sensitive skin but an oily nose (not t-zone, my forehead is dry too). only seem to get huge breakouts on my forehead and nowhere else which is getting increasingly annoying - have tried literally everything (most shit in this thread) and i know alot of it is beyond control (ie my health condition, stress, hormones etc) but if this thing helps i'll try it.

Everyone with oily/acne prone/acne scar'ed skin should use Retin-A, that shit is godly and it's scientifically proven to increase collagen in skin, even out skin tone and fade scarring. At first it removes the acne and keeps it at bay, and then after 6-12months you'll see that red inflammation and scarring has faded. And this is coming from someone who has used everything under the sun! Go to a doctors visit and ask a prescription ASAP!

Ah... Retin-A really does work, but most people break out HARSH during initial use. Face gets all red/scaly and stays that way for like 2-3 months. I guess it all depends on how sensitive your skin is. My skin is suuuuuuuuuuper sensitive so I gave up after 2 months. I'd rather have a random pimple every now and then looking like Freddy Krueger.

are these clarisonic things legit? have read mixed reviews and they are usually by girls that obv wear makeup. i have super dry/sensitive skin but an oily nose (not t-zone, my forehead is dry too). only seem to get huge breakouts on my forehead and nowhere else which is getting increasingly annoying - have tried literally everything (most shit in this thread) and i know alot of it is beyond control (ie my health condition, stress, hormones etc) but if this thing helps i'll try it.

Not gonna like, I don't think it'll work. Unless your pores are getting clogged by crap (dead skin cells etc), deep cleansing won't do shit for you. Like you said, it's most likely beyond your control. Ask your doctor/dermatologist, I'm sure they'll give you better advice.

did you tried a simple moisturizer (non oily base) for sensitive skin with natural ingredients? If you have dry skin you don't need any peeling or cleanser, because your skin will try to produce more sebum and the pores will clog.

Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Weleda forever...

My skin is like a babies and I only use Weleda

It's not even very expensive considering the quality...

Any of the ranges are nice and they're all free from chemicals :)