Skincare recommendations

2000dB

i used to get ingrow hair from shaving especially on neck,

I switched to cetaphil cleanser as shaving cream

and gillette trac 2 plus for blade ( they dont make the trac 2 plus handle anymore, the 7'o clock handle work for them ) gotta buy on amazon tho.

never try to shave your neck with a electric razor

I have kinda fair skin as well but I'm out in the sun a bit so I was wondering if there was anything to help speed the process so the sun doesn't darken my scars/spots. I know to wear sunscreen but does anyone have one they like thats light/mostly natural? I dont like putting on most sunscreens because it feels too oily unless I shower before to dry my skin.

I've been trying to minimize my routine & keep it pretty basic and natural with products. If anyone has any recs (a cheap & expensive choice would help) for my routine let me know.

Day:

Thayers non-alc toner

Neutrogena ultra gentle soothing lotion with spf 15 (anyone have a better/lighter moisturizer?)

Night:

Neutrogena ultra gentle daily cleanser

Thayers non-alc toner

Paula's choice 2% bha liquid (haven't really noticed a diff from using this, should I be?)

Neutrogena ultra gentle soothing lotion with spf 15

Should I be exfoliating or using scrub at all?

u shouldnt be using a moisturizer with spf 15 for the night tho.

turning 18 soon and came to the conclusion my acne is (was) hormonal. my skin is fairly clear, rarely get breakouts and when I do they last a day max, and hyperpigmentation is fading quickly. there is hope 4 U if you're young and only have a mild-medium case of acne.

fourteen products? i'm not sure if a derma would laugh or faint at that suggestion, but that quantity seems like complete overkill even for someone with a legitimate diagnosed skin condition (i.e. requiring daily prescribed corticosteroids etc) which the majority of people are fortunate enough not to suffer from. still, if it works for you then keep slathering away.

edit: congrats cdglove, you're the first person on here to make me feel ancient - i turn 28 next month.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 months later...

i changed my hairstyle recently, my hair was getting long and i cut the front, they now sit on my forehead, instand of being behind my ears.
my forehead always been pretty clear, sometime i had small breakout, but now im noticing like huge breakout, just tiny close comedones, they dont really show that much in certain lightning, but like after a shower it just look like i have lot of tiny red pimples,

im assuming its due to the hair lol ? ive did biking a lot too these past days and it was really hot i was sweaty as fuck, i guess sweat+hair gettin on the face = what i have now ? i dont use any hair product or styling shit so i though i would be good. godamn.

Edited by aymerikmd

^could be the hair product. You been snacking a lot?

Biggest difference in my skin is when I notice my diet goes to shit. I avoid too much salts and sweets nowadays. Also, only EVOO. Keeping the diet basic and eating only things I can find out the ingredients to. 

yeah ill check that,

also i was using Cerave moisturizer which was ok but always leave me with a greasy face feeling, i have combination skin
oily forehead/nose and rest is ok

should i try malin+goetz vitamin E moisturizer ?

edit; im confused tho cause the product description on malin website say dot not use on oily zone of the face, like the t-zone etc, which are my problem area ( always look shiny)

edit 2; also im wondering, is a mask essential ? i use an exfoliant 2-3 times a week, does it do the same job as a mask ?

Edited by aymerikmd

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I count 10. Korean girls are crazy about skincare. Korean girls are crazy.

Can't believe I put snail filtrate on my face.

10-15 step routines aren't out of the ordinary for guys in Korea either

also im wondering, is a mask essential ? i use an exfoliant 2-3 times a week, does it do the same job as a mask ?

they basically serve the same purpose and you would use a face mask as regularly as you would exfoliate. though if you're interested in a face mask, "jeju volcanic pore clay mask" by innisfree will change your life

• 3 months later...

mehh, my skin is pretty much clear to me at least, get 1-2 pimples some week, but my forehead always have those tiny little pimples whiteheads, theyre not really awful or anything, i just never seem to get rid of them, been havin for the past 2 months

some are almost flesh colored

i exfoliate my forehead every 2 day. they look like pimples you get when you dont exfoliate...

I've had bad skin for a long time. I'm 24 and it's still not great (some pockmarks, dark skin so everything scars for a while etc) but one thing I find that actually works is the Aztec Clay mud. Skin looks and feels 10x better after a mask.

• 1 month later...

anyone has any recommendation for a good face moisturizer with SPF? got this Malin+Goetz recently and it's really heavy and greasy and feels much more like a (cheap) sunscreen than a moisturizer with SPF (TBH, I have gotten a few M+G products recently and have been somewhat underwhelmed given the price point). I am looking more for a moisturizer that has some protection for light sun exposure (ie. walking to and from the office) as I will always use menscience's sunscreen when I am outside for a while (which TBH, is way lighter and applies much better than the M+G I got anyway).

doing a bit of research, it seems like this Jack Black or MDSolarSciences could work, but ideally, I would want something that falls in between those 2 in terms of quality / price point.