Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

I just bought another pair of these to replace my original pair that I sold. I had initially sized down, then recently revolted against the Sufu sizing system. Now I bought true size and they are brilliant.

This post has no point other than to say I love these jeans. The anti-slub! Just beautiful denim and construction.

Also, anyone who's on the fence about these, I'd snag them now before they change the arcuate and tab....

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought another pair of these to replace my original pair that I sold. I had initially sized down, then recently revolted against the Sufu sizing system. Now I bought true size and they are brilliant.

This post has no point other than to say I love these jeans. The anti-slub! Just beautiful denim and construction.

Also, anyone who's on the fence about these, I'd snag them now before they change the arcuate and tab....

I agree...I love them. I bought my true size and they're perfect. I aspire to one day own the 103xx's as well.

SDA's are my favorite jeans by far and the 103's are my favorite of those. I have 5 pairs and I hope Edmond can get me the 103XX . I currently own the 103, D1002, 105, 1293 qnd the XS-27. All in 33 except the XS-27 which is 34.

Is edmond offering buying services on his trip to take5?

SDA's are my favorite jeans by far and the 103's are my favorite of those. I have 5 pairs and I hope Edmond can get me the 103XX . I currently own the 103, D1002, 105, 1293 qnd the XS-27. All in 33 except the XS-27 which is 34.

I love SDA as well. I should buy a pair of 101 while I still can, but I barely wore my 003 yet... I simply love their patch. That's tough, really tough. Really.

sizing down two on the 003 is debatable, I sized down two and am still pretty scared to wash them after 2 months in fear that they might shrink to even smaller than after the first couple soaks and the rivets have almost ripped completely through the pockets although there is not much fading to speak of, still an unbelievable pair of pants, the vertical falling is built right into the denim and starts from day one

sizing down two on the 003 is debatable, I sized down two and am still pretty scared to wash them after 2 months in fear that they might shrink to even smaller than after the first couple soaks and the rivets have almost ripped completely through the pockets although there is not much fading to speak of, still an unbelievable pair of pants, the vertical falling is built right into the denim and starts from day one

I don't have the 003's but the D1002 are the same LHT and it is stretchier than the RHT but I would not size down 2. The 105 and D1002 are the same cut and I have both in 33. I could have gone 32 in the 1002 but can't imagine going down to 31. FWIW

I don't have the 003's but the D1002 are the same LHT and it is stretchier than the RHT but I would not size down 2. The 105 and D1002 are the same cut and I have both in 33. I could have gone 32 in the 1002 but can't imagine going down to 31. FWIW

That's interesting...I read through all the SDA threads before I ordered my 103's, and it sounded to me like the 003's were bigger:

I think the key thing for future buyers is the difference between 103 and 003 sizing. My 003 in tagged 30 seem to have similar measurments to Justin's 103 tagged 32 (both post-soak/wash). Its probably due to the denim. I have a feeling that they are cut to the same measurements pre-soak, but the 103 shrinks to tagged size while the 003 has minimal shrinkage. This is my observation atleast.
The cut is similar, but the 003 is slightly lighter than the 103, and uses a grey weft (instead of white for the 103). I think that's it. But yeah, I recommend from my own sad experience to size down at least 1 from your 103 size for a similar fit in 003. I actually sized down 2 for my second pair.

for whatever its worth.

Speaking of the 003's...they don't seem to be on SDA's website? Are they no more?

No, the 003 are not on SDA's website. I think they don't update the page about their denim line very frequently, there are several models on Rakuten that are not on their website either. I would actually be very interested to see somewhere their entire line, in term of cut, denim and details differences, beyond the 1/2/3XX and XX1/2/3 models. If nothing like that exists on this board, maybe we could start gathering all the information we have on one of the SDA topics.

No, the 003 are not on SDA's website. I think they don't update the page about their denim line very frequently, there are several models on Rakuten that are not on their website either. I would actually be very interested to see somewhere their entire line, in term of cut, denim and details differences, beyond the 1/2/3XX and XX1/2/3 models. If nothing like that exists on this board, maybe we could start gathering all the information we have on one of the SDA topics.

Ah, ok. I have too many jeanses...I don't even know why I inquire. :(

my 003s have stretched out to a very comfortable state and in a short period of time, but at first i was terrified before my first soak cuz the waist was already tight. I had to jam a hanger in the waist and put them on right after i took them out of the water. I thought that the 103 are the same size as the 003s raw but the 003s dont shrink much. Dont have the 103s for comparisons but only the length shrunk a considerable amount after soak on my 003s.

• 4 weeks later...