Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had these approx 12 months and they didn't get much wear at for the first 6 as I was hammering my sammy's and they didn;t seem to be losing any colour at all! However have had them on at least 4 days each week for the past 5 to 6 months.

Hot soaked once on purchase, recently hemmed as I was wearing them rolled most of the time, and recently took them in the shower (wearing) and gave them a good soaping up, so no real wash as yet. tempted to throw them in the wash but really want to get another 6 months regular wear on them.

Combs broke out quite early and are looking pretty good so far....

backpigs.jpg

backlegpigs.jpg

Laps are fading well and am amazed at how similair the footprint is on these when comparing to my sammy's.

frontpigs.jpg

truepigs.jpg

wow I didn't realize so many people had the 103 and S0500x combo. I have both in a size 30 and they're pretty much identical fit wise. The 103's might be slightly tighter in the lap/butt area. When I fold them in half and lay them on top of each other the 500's might be an extra millimeter or two wider from the butt crease to the knee, if that makes sense. That might explain the tighter feeling in the lap area, but it also might be cause I didn't line them up perfectly.

for what its worth I bought them both in March '07 in Tokyo. unfortunately I don't think there is enough wear to post since I wear slacks 5 days a week to work. and i'm too lazy to post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

umm like 9 months in with this pic...next month will be month 12 without a wash! They are getting gnarly. I will post pics when i get home from college and after I wash since the crotch has ripped out so much its almost embarrassing to wear.

dsc0043qwx.jpg

wow I didn't realize so many people had the 103 and S0500x combo. I have both in a size 30 and they're pretty much identical fit wise. The 103's might be slightly tighter in the lap/butt area.

Really? My 103's are way tighter than my S0500x. The Samurai jeans are longer in the leg too. They're newer and have only been soaked twice though, so maybe they have more shrinkage left.

103's are awesome jeans. I must get round to posting pics of mine. They fade slow and steady, but look dope and are tough as old boots.

2.5 months into rocking my 103xx's. For sure a looser fit then my lot 11 0500's, and i even sized down one on the SD's, to 32. I do have to say these are fading, not really worth taking pictures yet, but soon i'll blow minds.

I do have to say these are fading, not really worth taking pictures yet, but soon i'll blow minds.

Same deal. I've had the SDA Type II jacket for almost a year, and 103s almost a month. The jacket has a lot going on that I'm completely incapable of capturing in a photo. In the right light, so do the jeans.

hey eddy, lets say you're out somewhere, just coolin' out, and some hot chick complements you on your jeans. you somehow keep her interest long enough to spark up some convo, and suddenly her end of the exchange gets a little randy...next thing you know she invites you back to her flat, and after a drink and a smoke or 2 she can't suppress her oral-sex nympho side. she goes for your fly and DAAAAAAMN!!! the stench of your 12-mo. crotch leaves your SDA's covered with partially-digested mc donald's and pabst blue-ribbon.

the moral of the story is obvious. wash your damn jeans! SDAs fade slow as fuck anyway. going a long time without a wash is not keeping it ''more-real'', and if so, its when 'keeping it real goes wrong'' btw, nice fades...

i used to be a contrast-lover too, but now i couldn't be paid to care less. i have a penchant for being around beautiful women, and they tend to prefer pleasant smelling bats&balls. plus i like my clothes to last. i go HAAARD, so waiting for a wash would be a disservice to the public...

hey eddy, lets say you're out somewhere, just coolin' out, and some hot chick complements you on your jeans. you somehow keep her interest long enough to spark up some convo, and suddenly her end of the exchange gets a little randy...next thing you know she invites you back to her flat, and after a drink and a smoke or 2 she can't suppress her oral-sex nympho side. she goes for your fly and DAAAAAAMN!!! the stench of your 12-mo. crotch leaves your SDA's covered with partially-digested mc donald's and pabst blue-ribbon.

the moral of the story is obvious. wash your damn jeans! SDAs fade slow as fuck anyway. going a long time without a wash is not keeping it ''more-real'', and if so, its when 'keeping it real goes wrong'' btw, nice fades...

1) My girlfriend of 3 years puts up with a lot of shit with my jawns

2) I only wear these hiking/yard work/shit it doesn't matter what happens

3)Totally would have washed these by now but I really don't wanna go into the community dorm room bathrooms and do a cold wash in the shower

4) I agree with you on all counts. I am rockin my 660s waiting to go home so I can wash these.

My fit comparison for both jeans is after they have been moderately worn for 2 years (due to formal work attire and jean rotation). Neither jean had been washed for 3-9 months at time of fit comparision and both are a size 30. Both the 0500 and 103's were bought in Tokyo in March 2007. For what its worth, the 0500 are lot 9 and SDA's have old arch's. Doubt they've changed the fit since then though.

i wasn't trying to diss, i just think we denim-heads deserve head more frequently than others! when i yank my shit out of a $300 button-fly there shouln't be any complications. my girl wont even let me get in the bed @ night with my jeans on(most def not a problem with the kid!) so i just slide em off and leave em on the floor. its hard to find a pair of SDAs or eternals that look washed out, no matter how many times they were washed. if anyone has some, please post pics

amen to that lol. i have many times received complaints about my "stinking, sticky and downright disgusting pair of jeans" - quote unquote from an ex.

and salaami, here's a pair of old SD-201 (sorry no 103s), hope it's good enough for ya. :D

Picture165-2.jpg

Picture166-3-1.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture168.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Picture171.jpg