Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wore through the crotch on these after about 5 months. Luckily my buddy's wife is a seamstress - showed her a few shots of Denim Doctor's work, and this is her best imitation. We tried denim on one side and cotton cloth on the other. Cost=free:)

2ynq7fp.jpg

2hqdjbc.jpg

Corter wallet fade truckin' along. Probably the next repair needed (again) on these..

fx4d1h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

got a pair of used SDAs the other day. my new pair from a couple years ago (raw) vs the pair i got the other day (post soak) i hot washed the pair i got this week because there seemed to be more shrinking left in them.

tag 30 true waist 30

SDA 103 pre soak

waist 32

front 11.5

back 13.5

thigh 11

knee 8.75

hem 8.25

inseam 36

sdafit.jpg

post-soak

waist 31.5

front 10

back 13.5

thigh 11

knee 8.25

hem 8

inseam 33

postsoaksdafit.jpg

now i can sell my pair of new SDAs if anyone is interested. check the sig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A kwestion for 103 owners and Sam 0500 owners.

I gave my 103's (sized down 1) 2 soaks and toke em for a spin yesterday and they seem baggier than my true to size sams... that sound right?

or is another hot soak in their future?

Well, my SD-103's (which have been washed twice, soaked once, so I believe they've shrunken about to their potential) are pretty tight all-around (as pictured above) and they are a 30. My S0500XX (which have been washed like seven to ten times, so definitely shrunken to their potential) are looser in the thighs, butt, lower legs and they are a 29. They bot fit nice and snug in the waist.

3115575131_fe7e34888a_b.jpg

3116401244_d5c4ffaf3a_b.jpg

3116400832_59c9199148_b.jpg

So using only my examples, I'd say that SD-103 run much tighter (waist and cut-wise) than the S0500x. Sizing and shrinking are quite a subjective matter, so I guess you'll have to roll your own.

thanks for the info, i only did two initial hot soaks with the 103's, about 30-40 mins each, and the waist it tight, but they feel about the same if not a touch baggier than my 0500's, so i think another soak is in order.

Yea cut that mop hippie! +rep on the 103's and those 500's are shredded. nice.

I had 500's, and have the 103's, but tough for me to compare as one was 34 and the other 36. Offhand I'd say 500's were tighter in the crotch/upper zone and of course had a bit more taper.

I personally like the hands up stance. Like your being interrorgated and saying, "Sorry officer, please don't shoot."

Nice lookin jeans though.