Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

ditto on the construction. even the patch is a hunk of thick leather. i've had Samurais, Flatheads, PBJ's, and Skulls - and none of them can touch the quality and construction of these. The denim is extremely dense and once soaked they are possibly the darkest, most opaque japanese pairs i've ever had with a distinct hairy texture.

if i wanted a pair that i didn't want to fade for more formal occasions, these would be it.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an old pic, but thought it belonged in an SDA thread. Reminds me I need to buy 001's sometime... sooner rather than later.

edit: added the only other pic I could find off-hand. Sandwich sign out front. Have pics of raw jeans from stores, but no other worn stuff. All in a thread from a year back "My first trip to Osaka"

That pair of 103s looks very similar to the pair in the Lightening Indigo Master magazine. It would be nice to know how long they were worn for.

very long, I would say 2 years at least.

I've had mine for 1 year and it still looks brand new, except 1 or 2 very minor scuff marks.

KEEP THE FAITH KEEP THE FAITH

Its an old pic, but thought it belonged in an SDA thread. Reminds me I need to buy 001's sometime... sooner rather than later.

edit: added the only other pic I could find off-hand. Sandwich sign out front. Have pics of raw jeans from stores, but no other worn stuff. All in a thread from a year back "My first trip to Osaka"

yea i figured it was an old pic i was just reminiscing

stacks of old arcs and tabs...

When I was in the Harajuku store last month they had a few old arch's left, mostly in smaller sizes. I didn't even know there was a SDA store in Harajuku but I ran into it while trying to find Burton. Thats what always happens when you're exploring the alleys of Harajuku. The store is at basement level but they have a sign at street level and you just walk down some outdoor stairs. Have pictures of the store but I'm too lazy to post them.

And thats some crazy wear in 3.5 months morse.

Yeah I was gonna say I think the dude in the store said they had been worn 3 years. Either way, they were fuckin awesome. Plus they're proof that cotton thread (I'm 99% sure they have it) doesn't have to be fragile.

Many of the others that use 100% cotton thread seem to do it for an 'effect' as much as authenticity. I say this cuz some of it is of such fragile quality that it seems tailor made to blow out. Doing your own repairs is fun (sometimes) and gives great personality, but if original Levi's had blown apart like that, Levi's would not have made it.

edit: See above... worn to shit, back pockets destroyed. Crotch intact, and seems to be all original seams. That may have jsut become my 'grail' picture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm guilty of weakness. For about 2 weeks I thought about buying another pair of jeans cause I'm losing patience with the results.

But, this lack of patience is now gone and I'm back to them.

103xx, something about 10 months with 2 soaks and 1 wash

DSC_0168.jpg

Pics to come this weekend.