Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you seeing a whole lot of fading, Chicken?

I was going to pick up a pair but I figured they'd be incredibly hard to break in. I prefer more contrast.

actually, the opposite seems to be true. the 103s are darker and harder to break into, but for example, my 003 pockets have faded like crazy in just few months. i might try to take a photo soon, if you're interested.

but my guess is that the 003s are going to get streaky yet sort of blurrier fade than the contrasty 103s, if that's what you're looking for.

Both jeans look great on the guys who posted the pictures. Makes me want to get a pair. BiG has the size 30 so I think I might get them even though I typically wear 31s.

I usually wear 31 in unwashed (apc, dior) and I had to size up on these and they're still tighter. just a heads up but if you can try them on then its of course easier.

shit.. after looking at these for a while, I'm thinking that this is not the right fit for me afterall. they look fine in the pics but in reality I think the rise is too low for me. or maybe not the rise, but the cut in the crotch, somehow..

I have a very short upper body and relatively long legs, so I like to wear my jeans low, but because of the shape of these I would have to slouch them at an uncomfortable height to have the crotch at a desired level. kind of hard to explain.. they look good when I pull them lower but at that point the waist is in the middle of my arse which is a bit too low.

:confused:

shit.. after looking at these for a while, I'm thinking that this is not the right fit for me afterall. they look fine in the pics but in reality I think the rise is too low for me. or maybe not the rise, but the cut in the crotch, somehow..

I have a very short upper body and relatively long legs, so I like to wear my jeans low, but because of the shape of these I would have to slouch them at an uncomfortable height to have the crotch at a desired level. kind of hard to explain.. they look good when I pull them lower but at that point the waist is in the middle of my arse which is a bit too low.

:confused:

I too have a short upper body or think I do, so I try to wear my jeans lower... anyways, when i wear my sd103's.. i don't know if this can help but I let the front fall a tad lower? like push down with my hands in my two front pockets... hm. the rise isn't all that different than on my APC NS, which seems to be generous for the desired effect?..

my (sz30) SD-103's: 36cm backrise, 26cm frontrise

my (sz28) APC NS: 35cm backrise, 27cm frontrise

I just compared the rise to my diors and its almost exactly the same. but if I compare them by wearing the waist at the same height, it looks like I'm wearing the sda's higher. so if I try to have the crotch at the same level, the sda's have to be worn an inch lower.

dunno, just something about the cut that makes the rise appear smaller or in other words the crotch level appears to be higher. also the pockets might be a bit higher which adds to the effect. oh and if I pull the front lower something might fall out :D

fuck it, I'm getting skulls.

I just compared the rise to my diors and its almost exactly the same. but if I compare them by wearing the waist at the same height, it looks like I'm wearing the sda's higher. so if I try to have the crotch at the same level, the sda's have to be worn an inch lower.

dunno, just something about the cut that makes the rise appear smaller or in other words the crotch level appears to be higher. also the pockets might be a bit higher which adds to the effect. oh and if I pull the front lower something might fall out :D

get somets. or just stick with the sda's.

Guest jeffvyain

i wanted to get sda's but i thought the inseam would be too short on the 103s. i'm 6'1...the measurement at bears if i recall correctly was something like maybe 33.5 in? is this not the case?

Hey Mike. The back rise on the Sda's has probably got a shorter 'shallower' ass curve to it, which makes the rise seem lower when on, whereas the Diors prob have a deeper curve, longer, when on they slouch a bit better. Maybe its a Japanese thing to have this quicker rear rise curve, don't know, smaller asses?:D

302701165_70399fce74.jpg

302701167_e1d9472dc9.jpg

those look great man. Glad you got em....

btw, im so pissed off i didnt keep those. I feel like an idiot because i now know they would have fit me, and i love the fit on those jeans. Oh well, i am happy with my diors but alas...the SDA 103 is a great jean

i wanted to get sda's but i thought the inseam would be too short on the 103s. i'm 6'1...the measurement at bears if i recall correctly was something like maybe 33.5 in? is this not the case?

i guess it really depends on how you wear your jeans. i guess there's probably on 2 to 4 inches difference between wearing your jeans on your waist or on your hip. for exemple, i'm 6' tall and i wear about 31-32 inches inseam cause i like to wear my jeans pretty low (similar to how felix is wearing his) and the jeans still bunch at the ankle.

How are you possibly a 34 your so skinny.

i'm not that skinny i guess..?!

i lost about 6 kg in the last three month because i had severeal illnesses and wasn't able to go to the gym....

i'm 1.86m tall and weigh 81 kg at the moment...should get back to 85 in a month or so

i could wear them cuffed once but than i get bunshing ( right word?) in the knee area

thanks for all the kind words!

damn mike you keep them...we have our little contest going on:D

Depends on the size and model. The 103s are graduated, the SD1002 start off with a 37" inseam, which goes to about 35" after one warm soak. You can probably avoid this by using cold soaks and then stretching out the legs while the jeans are still damp.