Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

@beatle - hey i might be old but not that old.

@supawiwi - err....kinda lost count how many pairs? i'd say about 20-30 pairs give or take? i used to work outdoors a lot doing events/gigs - therefore a lot of running around, nowadays mostly confined to a desk job so my jawns don't get as much abuse as they used to. =/

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't trying to diss, i just think we denim-heads deserve head more frequently than others! when i yank my shit out of a $300 button-fly there shouln't be any complications. my girl wont even let me get in the bed @ night with my jeans on(most def not a problem with the kid!) so i just slide em off and leave em on the floor. its hard to find a pair of SDAs or eternals that look washed out, no matter how many times they were washed. if anyone has some, please post pics

Me and my gf like it dirty but gracias for the heads up (no pun) homie......actually she kinda thinks its gross...and when the swine flu came around she made me wash my jeans :(

somewhere between a and b :P

i wonder if people will still wear denim in 300 years time...

@beatle - hey i might be old but not that old.

okay, Bunga...tell the truth..:D

are you

A this old

87441047.Fo7YCLHO.jpg

B this old

farmer.jpg

C this old

54738697_14eb4327cd.jpg

D or the man that lived to see 3 centuries

Wrinkle3clsup2.jpg

sorry for the sidetrack..couldn't resist*********

what amazes me the most is how he gets these wild fades without much destructive damage. 20-30 pairs? all those pics should keep us fed for a while. i'm still zoned-out over the denime! bunga is the man of the moment...

what amazes me the most is how he gets these wild fades without much destructive damage. 20-30 pairs? all those pics should keep us fed for a while. i'm still zoned-out over the denime! bunga is the man of the moment...

without much destructive damage lol? did you see the crotch blow-out hell on the mabo international and spellbound pairs? spend a bomb repairing just those two pairs *sobs

Highly considering a pair of 103s for my denim pick up next week, they will be my first pair of non-sanforized denim. My waist is right between a 33 and 34 and I was just wondering how much space you should allow pre-soak? I don't want to buy a pair and end up having them shrink down too much or remain too loose, just want a slim straight type fit. Also can anyone comment on how much the 103s shrink in terms of leg width? Thanks in advance.

I have 2 pairs of 103's , 33 and 34. Fav jeans by far. I wear the 34's more often for that extra bit of room but they are still slim but not tight. Either one would be fine for your size waist but I would rec the 34 just cause these jeans get clammy real quick in the heat.

As for shrinkage in leg width not too much,but 103's are tough denim to stretch so the legs won't give very much.

my bad bunga, i meant on the back-pockets. for some reason i seem to be real rough on pocket -corners. i think i have a penchant for sitting on bricks and cement and shit....

it's all good my dear salaami - well i don't put anything too heavy into my back pockets save for my wallet - no keys, water bottles, coins etc but those denimes i did reinforced the stitching on the backpockets as the threads were coming off.

just got a pair of pbj-xx006s from Hide, they're a much bluer denim than the usual dark denim i have - would be interesting to see how they'll turn out.

also copped a pair of sugarcane x begin okinawas rainbow for cheap on yahoo auctions. think i'll stop buying anything new for awhile unless it's really something special.

need to work on those denimes some more too. =)

my bad bunga, i meant on the back-pockets. for some reason i seem to be real rough on pocket -corners. i think i have a penchant for sitting on bricks and cement and shit....

Not exactly thrilled with the fit right now, they some how seem looser post soak then they did completely raw? Waist and thighs fit great but from the knee down the jeans actually look wider then they are up top, more like a bootcut than a slim straight fit. Is it possible for raw denim to shrink unevenly? Maybe it is just because I haven't had enough time to wear them and let them settle down a bit. I'm gonna throw them in for another hot soak and see where that gets me, but I don't know if it is gonna help much.

Not exactly thrilled with the fit right now, they some how seem looser post soak then they did completely raw? Waist and thighs fit great but from the knee down the jeans actually look wider then they are up top, more like a bootcut than a slim straight fit. Is it possible for raw denim to shrink unevenly? Maybe it is just because I haven't had enough time to wear them and let them settle down a bit. I'm gonna throw them in for another hot soak and see where that gets me, but I don't know if it is gonna help much.

They will need to settle down. The denim is so stiff that they stack sorta wierd til they soften up. You should give them a nice long hot wash and then a hot dry. I promise you will not lose any indigo. SDA's hold color like no other jean I know of other than 45 RPM maybe.

• 3 weeks later...
umm like 9 months in with this pic...next month will be month 12 without a wash! They are getting gnarly. I will post pics when i get home from college and after I wash since the crotch has ripped out so much its almost embarrassing to wear.

post wash pics?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...