Macbook vs Macbook Pro

BOORADLEY

Guest Goose25

I would recommend the iBook for sure. They are not as fragile as the macbook pros and don't heat up quite so much either (correct me if I'm wrong) - yhey are just so damn tough! They really handle travelling well and you can get away with walking into a meeting with a grubby macbook due to their white(and black) finish.

I'm always impressed by the way Apple have set the Apache webserver into every OSX-driven computer - it makes it so easy!

• 1 year later...

yeah, super-old thread i know.

i'm tempted to now get a macbook / mbp with these current low prices. although updates are just around the corner i've heard..

obviously i prefer the specs of the 17" mbp, but the pricetag and portability of a 4gb macbook is tempting. and is almost half the price.

my question is, is the only real difference between the macbook and pro (perfomance wise) the graphics card?

i'll be using the machine for some photoshop / illustrator work, alot of web browsing & torrenting, and some autocad & sketchup. also word processing. if i am to kop 13" i will obviously be connecting to a larger monitor when doing graphic stuff.

input will attract rep.

i'll be using the machine for some photoshop / illustrator work, alot of web browsing & torrenting, and some autocad & sketchup. also word processing. if i am to kop 13" i will obviously be connecting to a larger monitor when doing graphic stuff.

Get a Macbook Pro. In general its a faster machine, and essentially lets say you get the 15" 2499 you'd get the same internal components as the baseline 17". The 15" can also handle higher resolutions than the macbook as well if you still want an additional monitor.

home, i bought a macbook like 2 months ago. i didn't have the money for a mbp (well actually i had, but i didn't want to spent so much money on a laptop, after all in a few years they are outdated, no matter how good they are now...)

i'm studying graphic design, so i use it for ps and illustrator a lot, and i don't have any problems. i've upgraded it to 4 gb ram by myself, costed me 20 euros or so...i'm trying to keep the harddrive empty and use an external one too so it runs faster.

so yeah, right now i don't regret not getting a mbp...and if i ever have problems with my mb i'm pretty sure that you could get problems with a mbp too.

home, i bought a macbook like 2 months ago. i didn't have the money for a mbp (well actually i had, but i didn't want to spent so much money on a laptop, after all in a few years they are outdated, no matter how good they are now...)

mufid, this mentality is akin to mine.

i'm studying graphic design, so i use it for ps and illustrator a lot, and i don't have any problems. i've upgraded it to 4 gb ram by myself, costed me 20 euros or so...i'm trying to keep the harddrive empty and use an external one too so it runs faster.

so yeah, right now i don't regret not getting a mbp...and if i ever have problems with my mb i'm pretty sure that you could get problems with a mbp too.

glad to hear ps + illustrator are working well. i figure 4gb mem & 250gb is already a huge step up from what im using currently (1gb mem, 100gb) for such applications. i'd probably do the external HD for the bulk of my music, files, etc. too.

the only question i really have is it worth shelling out for the independent graphics card (or whatever it is). i'm beginning to think not..

now, wait for updates or kop now?