Chinese chainstitch analysis

trinket

maybe kikidark could help...i would attempt it but i'm not free at the moment. also the pictures are not working for me.

maybe later! :)

tweedlesinpink I'm really sorry but I can't even open the site, It seems like zk's blog have serious hosting problem...

I will try tomorow...

hahah, the article doesn't have anything to do with about the different kinds of stitching, all it says in the pictures are how it's 100% cotton and the different colors of it such as gold, yellow, mixture of both. and in the chinese words, it discusses how if you soak the denim in water, the stitching will come out to become more smooth. My chinese is broken so I might be wrong.

glanced through it, it just talks about how the chainstitch becomes flatter over time... and he also talks about how the waves become more dramatic after shrinkage...

I dunno. This is my take on the translation. I'm Chinese and lived in Hong Kong til I was 10 and am competent (read, not well) at reading modern articles/ newpapers.

I dont konw if its 'chainstitching' in particular, but its some sort of stitching, so when I refer to it, its whatever that specific stitching technique is. My technical terms aren't so good sorry. It literally translates to 'Thick Thread Machine Stitch'. Whenever I say 'stitch' below, substitute with what you interpret from above.

"After a while, from the stitching technique that easily causes 'bumpy' [translate to uneven contour, so more frequent oscillations and thread points] I finally tried to substitute the threading to a flatter stitch form, that also has wider gaps per stitch. I then soaked the the trousers in water and noticed that after shrinking, the fabric's [the denim's] wave's around the thread becomes for dramatic. (so the fabric is gripped tigther around, with more distressing)

Below there is a display of the different categories of thread (he talks about a category of thread, and the threads are named in 'number', so its probably a serial or), with the addition of the thickest Number 0 thread."

In the diagram, the top stitch without lettering is the Number 0

A is Number 6, 100% Cotton Orange Thread

B is Number 6, 100% Cotton Golden Yellow Thread

C is Number 8, 100% Cotton Orange Thread

D is Number 8, 100% Cotton Golden Yellow Thread

E is Number 30, 100% Cotton Golden Yellow Thread

G is Number 0, Synthetic Mix Thread

"After a while, from the stitching technique that easily causes 'bumpy' [translate to uneven contour, so more frequent oscillations and thread points] I finally tried to substitute the threading to a flatter stitch form, that also has wider gaps per stitch. I then soaked the the trousers in water and noticed that after shrinking, the fabric's [the denim's] wave's around the thread becomes for dramatic. (so the fabric is gripped tigther around, with more distressing)

Below there is a display of the different categories of thread (he talks about a category of thread, and the threads are named in 'number', so its probably a serial or), with the addition of the thickest Number 0 thread."

In the diagram, the top stitch without lettering is the Number 0

A is Number 6, 100% Cotton Orange Thread

B is Number 6, 100% Cotton Golden Yellow Thread

C is Number 8, 100% Cotton Orange Thread

D is Number 8, 100% Cotton Golden Yellow Thread

E is Number 30, 100% Cotton Golden Yellow Thread

G is Number 0, Synthetic Mix Thread

Thanks everyone for the interpretations. Although it isn't different types of chainstitch - it is very interesting how different the same stitching can look with the different types of threads, and with shrinking.