The ugliest Jeans in the world thread.

thelion1856

On 16 January 2017 at 10:11 AM, nizzel55 said:

683837.jpg

Many "beautiful" pairs over at http://www.jeanscheapforsales.com/

I used to like acid wash jeans -then I saw these.....

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Broark said:

So, I feel like these belong here. Everything just looks really, really bad.
Maybe I'm being too judgmental, who knows. Photos in the link below...
https://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/comments/649fw7/received_my_order_from_pedestrian_denim_and_i/

I agree that these jeans look rather horrible. I feel bad for saying this, but they're just really... ugly. I'm not a fan of the awkward-looking yoke, how the front pockets are shaped, how the coin and back pocket openings are narrow then widen, the garishly taped seams, the selvedge belt loop + the rivet, the coin pocket pull tab, and those hidden "arcuates". I think I named most of details that make these jeans "special", but I guess it's just not my taste at all. I wouldn't get these, but the guy seems to like the jeans. To each his own.

Those are hideous. The way there's a hundred miles of fabric above the yoke below the waistband looks really shitty. They look like every Kickstarter "brand" does, made by someone who has no idea how to really pattern a pair of jeans. Just look at the whole top block, it just looks amateurish.

4 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

I'm not a fan of the awkward-looking yoke, how the front pockets are shaped, how the coin and back pocket openings are narrow then widen, the garishly taped seams, the selvedge belt loop + the rivet, the coin pocket pull tab, and those hidden "arcuates".

Yeah, but apart from that...

4 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Yeah, but apart from that...

To be honest, I couldn't tell you a redeeming feature... I mean, the rivets, thread choice and SPI are doing no visual favours. Even the fact that it's denim can't save it. The comments are cringe-worthy as well.

I haven't delved into any sort of pattern making myself, but I don't think his explanation of the yoke's design makes much sense to me. Isn't a wider yoke typically implemented to produce a more drop crotch look rather than to give it a higher rise? The fact that he mentions a 16" back rise on a 35" waist is "pretty high" is kinda garbage. Straight up, I can tell you that I have jeans with a 15.5" back rise and 11.5" front rise for my 31" waist, and they look nothing like that Frankenstein jean. If you take Dawson Denim's Wide Leg Jeans as an example, their 30" waist supposedly has a 13.4" front rise and 17.3" back rise, and they don't have that large amount of excess fabric.

Also, at $280 (which is a price that has already been heavily discounted), it is not worth it. This looks like an experiment gone wrong.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

That's what I was thinking when I read that too, that's five dollars cheaper than what I paid for my Roy test lot jeans...

Definitely better off with the Roy's!

On 4/9/2017 at 7:49 AM, Broark said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/comments/649fw7/received_my_order_from_pedestrian_denim_and_i/

Sucks cause im buddys with this guy on instagram, The jeans were supposed to be an upgrade from his 501s. I didint have the heart to tell him that his jeans are of the "God awful" variety ( hes actually a really good dude). Oh well.... he will learn.... one day.

Edited by Nifty_sally

On 4/16/2017 at 4:48 PM, Cucoo said:

Besides those looking terrible overall I will never understand the appeal of the highwater look. Pants so high they show your whole high stop sneakers are too damned short. Those are capri pants!

On 16/04/2017 at 9:48 PM, Cucoo said:

Besides those looking terrible overall I will never understand the appeal of the highwater look. Pants so high they show your whole high stop sneakers are too damned short. Those are capri pants!

Someone murdered their Denime 66xx!

CTHqjWvUYAEvju5.jpg

The high water look can be cool with the right sneaker or a really nice hem, but the trend of guys cuffing their jeans (usually a slim cut and pinrolled) so high that they can show off their entire boot and a few inches of sock never, ever looks cool. Scroll through a couple of the Red Wing tags or popular raw denim accounts on Instagram if you aren't familiar with the look. 

On 4/9/2017 at 8:49 AM, Broark said:

ACRNM X Raw denim. I feel the only thing wrong with those pants are the "arcs" and the fact that they're made of denim. if they were made of some cordura ripstop nylon some hypebeasts would pay 500 euro for those

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 0:12 PM, cusswords said:

The high water look can be cool with the right sneaker or a really nice hem, but the trend of guys cuffing their jeans (usually a slim cut and pinrolled) so high that they can show off their entire boot and a few inches of sock never, ever looks cool. Scroll through a couple of the Red Wing tags or popular raw denim accounts on Instagram if you aren't familiar with the look. 

Another trend I noticed on IG is dudes who cut the hem on their jeans to either get the frayed look or to show off their socks/boots. Looks pretty stupid and when I see guys falling in line and doing the same thing it makes me scratch my head. Why is this even a thing?

There's a dude I see in my office building every day who did exactly that (just taking scissors to all his jeans and cutting them off at above ankle height) and all I can think is "what will his mother say when she sees him ruining perfectly good jeans" :D

He doesn't even wear nice sneakers or socks. Washed out black socks and dirty Vans. Nothing you would like to show off really. 

Edited by Cucoo