The ugliest Jeans in the world thread.

thelion1856

I love the wallet chain that goes to nowhere, too.

One of my pet hates, chain from belt loop to belt loop, why?

Geeman, were you in Shibuya 109? I went in there with my girl too, and pretended to look at the clothes too.  B)

Well spotted! My daughter was with us and she did 109 top to bottom. 

Edited by Geeman

Apologies for the poor quality it was a sneak shot, the fact it was taken in Shibuya in proximity to some of the best denim stores makes it even more unforgivable 

y9oPvzi.jpg

the pointy elf shoes aren't helping either. somewhere in Middle Earth there's a hobbit missing a pair

Red wings just never appealed to me... they look cheesy to me, I'm not sure how they looked when they first came around, they're pretty old right?

Something like Whites or Wesco or brands like that seem to reflect the idea of heritage quality workwear a lot better to me.

Red wings just never appealed to me... they look cheesy to me, I'm not sure how they looked when they first came around, they're pretty old right?

Started in 1905, this was the first boot:

original-boots.jpg

Irish Setter (877) introduced in 1952, hasn't changed much since then.

old-red-wing-877-ad.png

Anyway, personal taste is cool, both Wesco and White's are nice, but RW is a classic in most regards I'd say. Otherwise, I don't think shops like this would exist in Japan:

12.jpg

Anyway, getting off topic, so here's something to steer things back in the right direction:

ugly-fringed-shorts1.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cucoo, I saw those on my Instagram feed and my first thought was this thread. 

Clearly the wise old denim craftsman sitting atop Mt. Fuji who only works when there's a temperate north-west breeze (or whatever tosh they came up) has too many left over scraps of selvedge. 

3 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

LOL, Denimio, always giving me douche chills.

Speaking of ugly jeans, Alibaba has turned out to be a treasure trove:

2015-Discharge-printing-jeans-New-design

No lie this is some cool illustration. While I wouldn't be wearing this down the streets, denim fabric itself would make for a great canvas for wall arts.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:26 PM, itsbenhere said:

Something like Whites or Wesco or brands like that seem to reflect the idea of heritage quality workwear a lot better to me.

If you're referring to the 877/875, they started life as an upland bird hunting boot. That means light and meant for a lot of walking, with a tread that preferably doesn't pick up a lot of mud. Guys picked up on them as a work boot later on.