The ugliest Jeans in the world thread.

thelion1856

Not the ugliest but I expect better for £800:

http://denimhunters.com/2014/08/endrime-releases-jean-like/

Also, I know they're hand-sewn but that is a very shoddy hem-job.

That's the dumbest price I've ever seen for a pair of jeans.  Those look like absolute shit.  The back pocket stitching is horrendous, the belt loops look they're about to fall out, and even the slightest pressure is going to bust out the hems.  Everything looks ridiculously sloppy and shoddy, like they're about to rip in half at any second.  Beyond that, those random selvedges are a terrible idea.  I'd imagine that most purveyors of high quality repro denim want the details to be subtle.  Who would actually want that?  Spending a lot of time crafting something doesn't make it "good".

• 2 weeks later...

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner for the "Official Ugliest Pair of Jeans in the World", congrats LVC.  You faced a tough crowd, but you were able to come up with the perfect combination of vintage and tacky to create the champion.  

So what purpose does selvage serve inside a pair of jeans

I realize you were probably mostly joking, but, it alleviates the need to finish or tape the edges of the pattern that it's utilized for, which is an advantage in production, and depending on the placement, can also result in a cleaner, less bulky seam/fold. 

Edited by tmadd

I realize you were probably mostly joking, but, it alleviates the need to finish or tape the edges of the pattern that it's utilized for, which is an advantage in production, and depending on the placement, can also result in a cleaner, less bulky seam/fold. 

I know, and yes I was joking ;)

It also looks dope. This is lame, but I probably wouldn't buy a pair of selvedge jeans unless it was visible on the inside... I guess it's ok if it's a felled seam, but I'm not sure why your do that.

I see it the same way, I need my jeans long enough to turn them up so I can see it ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's almost like someone thought adult diapers made out of denim would be a good look.

I saw a post on another site about the person's impressions of the jeans (where the fit pic came from) and I just wonder why anyone would think these look good.

There's another pair they posted too that are more "traditional" but still would belong in this thread.