new the hundreds pupblic label denim....

M.O.A

now i am a pretty big fan of the hundreds. I think bobby has put out some pretty fresh stuff and from time to time he has dropped afew very classic designs. (The hip hop is dead tee comes to mind first imo) but this new denim they are dropping on their new cut n sew label is a bit too much.I think they should have just gone a bit more minimal in the designs. Maybe some really awesome hardware details or a off colored pocket tag but screened and stitchted designs? why?

434r5nt.jpg

3zgvead.jpg

43elul3.jpg

sorry forgot about no direct linking

i think they are way too loud. the wave thing, i might have liked it a couple years ago, but the bird thing is just wayyyy to loud/look like those huge ass Evisu seagull. anyway, i don't really like the cut, and even though i have not seen it in person, i doubt the quality is on par with the price.

speaking of ugly jeans, anyone seen the new MHI line? some of the ugliest pair of jeans i've seen in my life.

29819547946c0e5af2esu2.jpg

298195132d37efc424cqv0.jpg

imo they were a very dope label a few seasons ago but all the things they have been doing following the superhyped up paisley hoodies has been a bit "different" I feel like the this whole cut n sew things just isnt really them.

The hundreds are one of the lamest streetwear labels ever made.

I agree. The stuff they put out is totally childs play.

About a week ago there was a post about how everyone is jumping on the streetwear bandwagon and making all over print shirts/hoodies. Now, I realize they have been around for a few years, but come on, fucking cherries? Safety pins? Chipmunks?

I'm guessing the cut and sew stuff is going to be just as poorly sewn as the last stuff. I got a pair of their dry black jeans (I don't even know why) last time and the leather patch wasn't even sewn on all the way. The screen printing on the paisley hoodies and shirts was muddy and the patterns didn't even match up. If you want to be serious about what you're doing, get a good manufacturer first.

Oh, and t-shirts are on the way out. In order to stay in the game, you have to do cut and sew. All the popular kids on the playground are doing it.

I just can't believe its $220 for the regular selvage ones, and $250 for the X ones... Also I couldnt believe it today when I went to Greyone, their entire fall t-shirt line is already 50% off.

people invest in good streetwear labels because there is a heritage behind them, there is a history and reputation of qaulity and/or credibility. The hundreds has none of this. its just a bunch of scrubs who made some crap t-shirts. It's all so contrived, explaining how some tee shirt design was inspired by going to hard core shows or whatever. Its like theyre trying to convince everyone of their generic streatwear roots. again, they seem very nice, but the entire brand is just horrible.

The thing I have always thought very strange is when companies do all over print on a garment that is already made up? Its always going to be rubbish around the edges, bumpy and plastic'y over the seams etc. If its an all over print, its gotta be textile printed, then cut 'n sewn.

I dont get how or why they had a complete 180* from wat the USED to put out.

A few older pieces, were definately dope.

A lot of stuff they put out now, have been put out by another brand 5 times over.

I dont get it.

Theres no story or direction with their lines.

Its just watevers "cool" at the moment.

I cant wait for The Thousands.

The thing I have always thought very strange is when companies do all over print on a garment that is already made up? Its always going to be rubbish around the edges, bumpy and plastic'y over the seams etc. If its an all over print, its gotta be textile printed, then cut 'n sewn.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed.

Maybe this thread will be seens by thousands of people and they'll stop jocking Hundreds' balls.

i think the only good thing the hundreds made was the paisley hoody. i got one for sale size XL if anyone is lookin (white on black paisley) on been worn a couple times.

I think their flanel hoody's look pretty sweet. dont know if i'd get one though.

i think the only good thing the hundreds made was the paisley hoody. i got one for sale size XL if anyone is lookin (white on black paisley) on been worn a couple times.

I think their flanel hoody's look pretty sweet. dont know if i'd get one though.

I had the paisley hoody and managed to sell it for almost triple the retail price even though the quality sucked, haha. The seams and cuffs had smudged ink and the paisley print itself was inconsistent.

I agree that the denim sucks. For that price I'd rather buy Sugarcane or Samurai.

i actually think the last MHI jeans with the teeth are pretty cool

i actually really like the back pocket stitching on this one (and i'm not a big fan of crazy back pocket stitching). i think the mountains and the temples look real classy, but simple and clean at the same time. but the teeth totally ruins it for me...

people invest in good streetwear labels because there is a heritage behind them, there is a history and reputation of qaulity and/or credibility. The hundreds has none of this. its just a bunch of scrubs who made some crap t-shirts. It's all so contrived, explaining how some tee shirt design was inspired by going to hard core shows or whatever. Its like theyre trying to convince everyone of their generic streatwear roots. again, they seem very nice, but the entire brand is just horrible.

Totally agree. Have you seen their blog? Its hilarious.

Its like they know people are gonna say they`re biting supreme and every other label the last few years by doing plaid and they`re trying way too hard to explain why its part of their `culture`. they`re like `oh snoop wore it and Kurt so its part of our life.` wtf? Kurt wasnt part of LA culture and what connection do these guys have to Snoop?

I was just saying to a friend of mine thats its amazing that someone like TET can portray LA culture in his clothes and blog so much better than a bunch of natives like the Hundreds. Talent goes a long way.