brandon0809b

top 5 most hated "streetwear" tees n stuff

All street wear is meh? A questionable claim, particularly when people have their own interpretation of what "street wear" is. For instance, I wouldn't consider audigier or Affliction street wear brands.

Yeah you're right, they aren't street wear. Got a little carried away as in my area, the people who wear the mentioned are also the ones who wear "real" street wear.

But still I haven't seen a single street wear label I think is good. Don't know, to me it looks kinda cheap and uninspired, yet it ain't that cheap when you look at the price tag. But maybe it just ain't my style and therefore I don't get it. Take Supreme for instance: I don't really hate them, I just don't care for them. The only ones i kinda like are Supreme Being and Imaginary Foundation, if they qualify.

I'm really starting to dislike Freshjive. It's like the guy behind it sad "fuck it, I can't design anything unique, so I'll start calling out established street-wear brands." And his shit about "non-branding" is laughable.

I think the non-branding thing is great. I'd love to see more brands in the street market compete on aesthetics or design execution than on the brand name.

I think the non-branding thing is great. I'd love to see more brands in the street market compete on aesthetics or design execution than on the brand name.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but Klotz (the dude behind Freshjive) is using it apparently for publicity. In fact, he still has a label (black rectangle thing) for the clothing, so buyers will still be able to identify it. I'd rather see a brand start out using this concept, as opposed to waiting several years later (when they've established a loyal fan-base) to announce (why tell anyone?) the idea.

Personally, I don't think Klotz has the design ability to pull it off. Maybe someone else.

truth.

also, bape. their shoes are complete rips of other brands...

How do you feel about the huge trend in Japanese denim to do nothing but reproduce old levi and lee models?? Making exact copies. I agree the bapesta is a rip off of the AF-1 but it isn't a reproduction, like the jeans are.

thoughts please.

PEACE

its not a reproduction but its a complete bite.

What about the Alife shoes they are all bites of other sneakers Wallys, Air Force 1 dunks ect

those jeans with the fox thing printed across the front, or the ones with the face on them...for reals wtf?

the freshjive thing would be great if they actually didn't brand things, but putting a black box on it is just creating a new logo and still getting to seem superior and above hype and all about quality etc etc

Mastermind Japan

Bape

BBC

Ice Cream

just two tees in particular i cannot stand

LRG "hustle trees" and whatever company that made the shirt that says "realize real eyes real lies."

Lrg

Stussy

Hundreds

Neff

Obey