Bicyclettes

canice

doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the stuff posted here, but i turned my old p1 into a street beast with some maxxis hookworms. was sold as a pretty bare bones bike, but over the years i upgraded the fork, brakes/levers, rims, front hub, bash guard and grips. love the laid back geometry of downhill/dirt jump mountain bikes. can ride it like a cruiser and throw it around like a BMX.

8248232855_a26561d135_c.jpg

yeah, so the univega became my wifes and i went back to my raleigh. this weekend i was at a local bike swap meet and see a schwinn frame lying on the ground. looked my size so i ask how much. guy says 25, and then i notice this...

2i9m96u.jpg

so... yeah, i gave him the 25 and switched everything over... had to get a new seat post, but that was it...

and its great.

27y058m.jpg

its a work in progress... need to get a new chain and a front brake. need new bar tape too after i busted my ass yesterday. i found out how fast i could corner on this without a pedal hitting... a little slower than i was going. fucked up my leather bar wrap, my geller shirt, and my elbow.

Edited by cheapmuthafukr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up a pure fix bike for $235 with a coupon from gilt. Super happy with it - put it together in the office and rode it home today. I can ride this bike and lock it up outside with substantially less worry than my specialized crux expert ;)

copped a trek 930 a while back at the thrift in dusty unridden condition. 1994....I set it up like a budget touring bike... leather saddle, drop bars, and thumb shifters at the ends of the bars like bar ends. only paid 35 for it too. with new tires and shifters im probably only in it 100.

Edited by cheapmuthaflufr

• 2 weeks later...

Garage sales bike wise are a god send sometimes. During the summer I picked up a 70's Apollo that sat in the owners garage since he bought it for 50$

yeah, the atala was 10 and the trek was 35.

have about 250 in both, and i still feel like i came out ahead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...