Bicyclettes

canice

any of y'all have a Thomson Elite seat post (27.2mm) in silver/chrome I can buy? I'm about to just go ahead and buy a brand new one, but I figured I'd look for a deal if I could. have been spending waaay too much money on my road bike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok this post is going to get me some hate.

anyone here with an opinion on the SE draft lite and why I shouldn't get one?

And I'd like to know what you guys think of paul's e-levers.

I rode a raleigh road before, then I converted it to pseudo fixed and loved the feel. I don't do any tricks, I use fixed because it helps exercise the control muscles in my hips and thighs and that helps me off ice. I buy cheaper fixed because its my beater bike and I really can't afford to especially with the amount i spend on jeans, audio, and hockey gear.

It should get you where you need to go. If you can save up a bit longer I would get a Kilo TT; the frame is at least chromoly (Reynolds, even) instead of hi-ten steel, so it makes a better building block for future upgrades.

I've never used the paul e-levers, but I would probably go with some Tektros or something that are really functional and much cheaper, and put the saved money into a better frame. That said I do lust after many Paul components, such as thumbies and canti brakes.

I can't find any Kilo TTs where I live. The cheapest chromoly complete bikes I found were by focal 44 and subraso. both of which have pretty crap components and not particularly light actually. judging by the average chromoly pricing, i can't afford them right now, perhaps something i'd look to get in the future.

checked out the tektros you recommended, however they are very big. I'm hoping to minimize the clutter on my bar. keep it nice and simple.

thinking of draft lite, with paul e-lever, and nitto 380mm bull horns. hoping to negotiate for a better stem too. hope I don't crash with just the front brake.

You can get Kilo TT's shipped from bikesdirect.com (actually that's the only place you can get them); the Motobecane Track is a bit cheaper ($280) and has a chromoly frame (not sure about the fork). That one has a minimalist paint job that might appeal to you.

One other thing to consider is I think the E-levers have somewhat less leverage than full sized handles; should be fine for a fixed gear but might be dicey on a SS.

Reckon it might cost a bomb to get it shipped to Singapore lol!

Ah yes good to know abt the e-levers! Thanks! Lucky for me i don't intend to ride anything other than fixed for a long time, unless I crash while trying to e-brake and realize I'm not young anymore.

You're right though, I like the minimalist look.. I'll be stripping off the god awful stickers. If I had my way that frame would be matte black too

I bought my SE Draft Lite 2011 today. Had to cycle out to another shop right after paying to get Nitto 38cm bull horns and the Paul E-lever. Regretting the Nitto purchase a little as a friend just pointed out the airwalk 40cm bars at less than half the cost of the Nitto ones.

Nonetheless I love the ride with the parts I have.

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

Guest guincho

i have a kilo tt pro and like it a lot. almost everything is upgraded. just got a brooks, bmx pedals and holdfast for really nice prices during the citygrounds holiday sale.

Cheers, I'm avoiding taping up the handle bars as I really like the brushed aluminum look!

Not to be a stickler but you really should wrap your bars. The only time I think it's even remotely okay is if you ride with gloves. Wrap provides grip for sweaty palms after a long ride and works wonders in terms of hand comfort. It's a lot easier on your hands to hold on to a thick cushioned bar than a slim, hard aluminum one.