Bicyclettes

canice

running bontrager select b 28's. short of kevlar belted tires like gatorskins or those specialized ones, i think these are pretty bomb proof. rolling resistance not so good but for fall/winter they are great.

switching to vittoria rubino 23's in the spring.

if you enjoy picking glass out of your sidewalls and fixing flats on a weekly basis, buy serfas.

that centurion is begging to be turned into a fixed gear. 650 front? urban TT!

chromesquared

Oh damn, I didnt know you were local. Im from The Bay Area too, I work in SF but live in San Mateo.

Hit me up if you wanna chill around on a Monday - Wednesday... All Ive been doing those days have been riding around my area. Real boring, wouldnt mind riding around SF. (Only rode around Valencia st. Havent had time to hit up Market and such.)

I somehow managed to go through 3 tubes in one week. Fucking awesome.

1548473636_m.jpg1548475259_m.jpg

stunt, how do you fair on those sf hills? seems to me there would be a lot of walking...

I havent had time to hit up SF to ride for fun.

I havent hit any major hills. Just a few bridges over near me.

Whenever I AM in SF, the streets are too congested to even want to jam down a hill.

When spring comes around, I'll take my chances with the SF hills. Then Id be able to put on my Izumi chain... :)

Waiting till spring to let loose on bikes. Hopefully the frame I want is still at the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

A short life lived...

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

Brief rundown... No pun intended...

I was riding on Tuesday night, after I got a burrito. Riding near the side of the lane, close to the curb. It was on the main street. Had my lil blinky light hanging from my u-lock in my backpocket. Bunch of cars drive by. I slow down, to enjoy a nice slow stroll home. BAM!

Hit straight on from behind, by a old Dodge Dakota, driven by an old senile man...

I fly over my handle bars, out of my cages, and onto the street. I get up and yell at him blah blah blah.

He pretty much told me I deserved to get hit, since I didnt have a light, which I did.

Called my dad, he came. Called the cops, they came later. During the wait, the old guy kept complaining about him needing to go home for dinner, since he had dinner in the car. Kept making threats to me.

Filed a police report, hopefully this guy either gets his license taken away, or at least retested for it.

His skid mark, started AFTER mine. He hit his brakes after he hit me, and slightly went towards the left, into the lane where he SHOULDVE been. If he hadnt slightly went towards the left, he wouldve ran right over me.

Anyways.

Luckily came out with only road rash on my wrists, left elbow, right hip, and right calf. My left shoulder hurts, right elbow hurts, right wrist hurts, and my back is real sore.

Bastard.

Went to the bike shop last night, and my bike is done for.

Headed to another bike shop, and reserved a PAKE for myself. A Christmas present for myself I guess... But damn, I loved my bike...

Ride safe everyone.

And no, this one wasnt my fault. Suprisingly.

Stunt!

Damn man, glad you're ok. Yeah I live in Daly City, but if I go out/go riding its usually in the city, but I haven't really hit up any real hills as of yet. Hmmm, San Mateo doesn't seem like the most interesting place to ride, but it is flat. Anyway, man good luck with getting your new ride up and running (I assume you'll just be transferring your old stuff to the Pake?). I haven't been riding much what with the holidays, etc., but yeah I'd be down to ride after X-mass/New years if we get some decent weather.

Take care man.

N.

San Mateo is alright to ride. If you like riding around the streets with cars, its alright. But for the most part, its just flat and straight (El Camino.)

The only things I can transfer over from my Bianchi to the soon to be Pake are:

- Stem

- Crankset

- Seat/seat post

And I just got my bullhorns too. They got slightly scratched, but bike shops suggested I get new bars, since they could break.

Gonna paint it some funky color, maybe. Or just white.

Planning on getting a cold Deep V for the back.

This sucks.

Holy hell, tough break man.

I regularly check this thread out and immediately went to the last page where you mentioned you were getting a Pake... I was thinkin' what?!? Bianchi for a Pake?!

Not to knock on Pake, but what went through my mind was that the Bianchi is a killer deal for the components you get!

Then I saw the smash up...

That's rough man. I hope your Pake works out well for you!

By the way, a lot of people complained about the weight on the Aerospoke, did you find the weight difference extremely notable?

Did people complain about the weight being too heavy or too light? For me, its REALLY light. The Aerospoke + Nitto Bullhorns made my Bianchi feel SOO much lighter. The only thing that was bad about the Aerospoke, is that it catches wind mad easily. But all youve gotta do is ride faster ;)

Still pretty bummed about my Bianchi. First bike, had the cool paint job, nice and clean flat black look to it... Taken away within a month of having it like that... Fucking awesome...

Prolly gonna paint the Pake white. Gold DeepV in the back, black Aerospoke in the front, same cranks and seat, maybe a shorter stem, and thinking about getting drop outs or riser bars... I still really like bull horns, so Im not sure... Gotta figure it out...

LUCKILY my aerospoke only had a couple of scratches from this accident. If it had broken, I prolly wouldnt be riding for a month or two...

Im also gonna keep my stock Bianchi flip flop hub for my DeepV. It works really well, and havent had problems with it. I guess my Izumi chain will be put on sooner than Id like...

Alright, so not to throw this off topic too much (although still bike related), what do you bike gurus think about the Biomega Bike from Puma?

Puma-BIOMEGA-BIKE.JPG

Next year I am going to be moving to NY or SF and I'm ditching my car and mostly going to be riding a bike (especially if I move to Frisco). I'm not too concerned with the technical things such as brakes, etc as long as it stops when I need it to! Also, the folding mechanism is something I will need as well.

Is there anything that is considered 'better' for the price with the same features? I was looking at slingshot bikes but I don't really want to spend $1250.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I've heard some people mentioning the weight on the rim -- I'm not the type who likes to gram out a bike, so I was just wondering if the weight was really that SIGNIFICANTLY different. But I guess not!

That's a real bummer man, clean lookin' bike.

I plan to pick up some bullhorns or some riserbars soon. No shitting on the Deda drops but those things can turn my wrists to jelly when im not in the drop, but I just really dig the way they look!

Stock flipflop on the '06ers? That's really cool. Gotta run a crap lever in order to stop the damn bike unless your that crazy! Haha.

Did the toe clips work out for ya afterall? I can't find any metal toe clips locally. Kind of a hassle!

Good luck with the Pake, I've always loved white bikes and contrasting components.

Toe clips were growing on me... Definately like riding fast with them. But when it comes to skidding, I can go either way. Still like it slightly better with toe clips. If you need, I can search stores locally for watever clips youre looking for. They have a ton. Except for black metal toe clips. I think Im just going to re-wrap my Nitto bullhorns, and buy some drop outs (maybe) just in case. Not sure. Feels like a waste, the stock Pista drop outs, Nitto Bullhorns, then having to get another one.

GAH THE MONEY!!!

Alright, so not to throw this off topic too much (although still bike related), what do you bike gurus think about the Biomega Bike from Puma?

Puma-BIOMEGA-BIKE.JPG

Next year I am going to be moving to NY or SF and I'm ditching my car and mostly going to be riding a bike (especially if I move to Frisco). I'm not too concerned with the technical things such as brakes, etc as long as it stops when I need it to! Also, the folding mechanism is something I will need as well.

Is there anything that is considered 'better' for the price with the same features? I was looking at slingshot bikes but I don't really want to spend $1250.

Thanks everyone!

Hey,

Sorry, don't know too much about folding bikes, but I do know Schwinn makes one and is bound to be cheaper than the Puma bike. The Puma does look cooler but I'm not sure what components come on the Puma. Then again, if its more of a commuting bicycle and your not too into the knitty gritty of things it probably won't matter to you. The folding aspect of bikes is cool, though.

However, like I said, I don't know how much of that Biomega bike price is because of the brand Puma or if it's equipped with some nice parts.

You could find yourself a regular "department" store bicycle for a lot cheaper.

Or you could buy a used road bike or singlespeed.

But then you lose the folding feature.

I don't think disc brakes are necessary on a bike in the city. Regular brake calipers will do just fine. Just keep that in mind if you choose not to go with the biomega.

Good luck!

what the bloodclot, again?! you have terrible luck with cars. do you live in the burbs or something? sorry to hear about your bike. on the plus side, you're okay, bike shopping is fun, and the driver will foot the bill.

deep v + aero combos are about the heaviest wheels you can buy... aerospokes are heavier than deep v's, and deep v's are probably the heaviest popular rim on the market. i'm surprised you say the aerospoke made your bike feel LIGHTER, those stock bianchi rims must be made of stone!

also, i wouldn't re-use the stock hub, even if there aren't any visible cracks in the flanges, i'd worry about it failing on you next time you try to lace it up or ride it.

i was gonna buy a new frame for a winter project (or maybe a road bike), but then i bought a $1600 lens. win some, lose some. here's the bike, taken with the new lens:

122106_solstice_18.jpg

my friend ryan and me:

122106_solstice_13.jpg

he has a beautiful bike... champagne coloured gobbo track frame with columbus sl tubing, 3ttt headset and vintage japanese bars, vintage campy cranks and vintage record (maybe? those integrated pedal+clip) road pedals.

Damnit Canice... Whyd you gotta bring that up about my hub... Im too broke for this stuff!

AHHH!

And I have the worst/luckiest luck with cars... In a weird way...

Managed to be able to get up from each hit... *knocks on wood*

The stock Bianchi wheels arent heavy, but the Aerospoke doesnt really feel all that heavy either... To me anyways... Iono, Im weird I guess...

Soo many plans for bikes, so little money.

Did you raise yer seat post? Looks a bit higher than the last time you posted.

At least my new Specialized seat post is still reusable...

Project Pake is a go...

[x] Frame

[x] Fork

[x] Stem

[x] Bars

[x] Seat Post

[x] Seat

[x] Front Wheel

[x] Rear Wheel

[x] Flip flop hub

[x] Cranks

[x] Chain

[x] Chain Ring

[x] 16t Cog

[ ] Bottom Bracket. Shit got jammed from getting hit... Goddamnit...

So close, yet so far away...

Happy holidays everyone, ride safe. Hopefully I'll be up and running by Tuesday.

Project Pake is a go...

[x] Frame

[x] Fork

[x] Stem

[x] Bars

[x] Seat Post

[x] Seat

[x] Front Wheel

[x] Rear Wheel

[x] Flip flop hub

[x] Cranks

[x] Chain

[x] Chain Ring

[x] 16t Cog

[ ] Bottom Bracket. Shit got jammed from getting hit... Goddamnit...

So close, yet so far away...

Happy holidays everyone, ride safe. Hopefully I'll be up and running by Tuesday.

Thas rad man, any pics yet??

Any special components you throw on the bike? How much has everything run for you so far?

So many questions! Haha.

shopping for a new frame as well. toss-up between the bareknuckle or hoping i strike ebay gold with something vintage (still kicking myself for not bidding a cinelli frame in rasta colours arrrrgh).

This is going to be my first 07 purchase...if all goes well.

angus_black.jpg

Hopefully all black parts though. Most likely have to drive up to SF (planning a trip up there anyway to check out school and visit some friends) to try and fit everything for me as there is no ISO dealer near me.

I was looking at the Pista but decided the ISO had more options I was interested in.

*sigh* If only building a custom wasn't so time consuming and expensive.

Thas rad man, any pics yet??

Any special components you throw on the bike? How much has everything run for you so far?

So many questions! Haha.

ahha, no special parts... yet...

But what I REALLY want is...

R0013662-thumb.jpg

I'll post pics once my bike is complete...

Also planning on getting some new drop out bars and some thick rubber grips. Or even some Brooks grips.

We'll see ;)

Happy Holidays everyone!