Bicyclettes

canice

With Colnago reissuing frames and making the trad style again, as well as other Italian companies making "modern vintage" frames, prices have certainly fallen again.

My thoughts exactly. He's asking for $800 but no one has bitten in weeks, the most I would offer is $700, which I THINK is okay for a collectible frame like this plus the Chorus gear, but I haven't watched prices in a year or so. Ideally I would give him $600-625.

No idea on the price but build that thing up with Dura Ace 7700 and Ambrosio tubs with Vitt Paves!

I was thinking era-correct 8sp Chorus or C-Record. I also have some SR parts lying around. Errthang polished

My thoughts exactly. He's asking for $800 but no one has bitten in weeks, the most I would offer is $700, which I THINK is okay for a collectible frame like this plus the Chorus gear, but I haven't watched prices in a year or so. Ideally I would give him $600-625.

That would not be accepted, nor is that particular frame particularly collectable. Correct running gear for a later Colnago is Shimano. This is always sponsor correct.

I was thinking era-correct 8sp Chorus or C-Record. I also have some SR parts lying around. Errthang polished

1997 was the first year Dura Ace went 9 speed. Mapei rode Shimano. Any other way and Michele Bartoli will surely fly over from the continent and kick your ass.

Just started playing bike polo, fucking love it.

making my first mallet this weekend, considering making a beater bike but i dunno how cheap i'd be able to make a fixie :\

any of you polo players have opinions on front vs rear brake & fixed vs free & I guess type of brake too.

299758_10150364900713744_506563743_8241234_1109601251_n.jpg

my frame broke couple weeks back, so my local bike shop hooked me up with a frame they had at the shop, had to get new crank+front COG as my old one was rubbing, was riding 52 17 now on 46 17 riding is like a breeze now

Photo was taken by a friend of mine as he was walking past while i was printing resumes inside.

why ONLY front brake? with SS it's a good idea to have a rear brake as well for descents and situations where the front brake might be iffy.

1.) Polo bike.

2.) Rear brake doesn't stop for shit and you blow through tires skidding.

You can run a double lever, which is nice cause you can dial in the brakes either rear-heavy or front-heavy and get more predictable stopping--but that requires getting a double lever and keeping both wheels quite true.

Honestly I really like rear-only playing, but you can't stop fast enough on small courts, and replacing tires all the time when doing heavy tourney play gets pretty old.

1.) Polo bike.

2.) Rear brake doesn't stop for shit and you blow through tires skidding.

You can run a double lever, which is nice cause you can dial in the brakes either rear-heavy or front-heavy and get more predictable stopping--but that requires getting a double lever and keeping both wheels quite true.

Honestly I really like rear-only playing, but you can't stop fast enough on small courts, and replacing tires all the time when doing heavy tourney play gets pretty old.

one more question. what type of brake? a lot of the people I play with have direct pull brakes, but i see a few disk brakes in there, is it mostly preference based? or are there some clear pros and cons to each

Not seeing a point in using disc brakes if you play bike polo.Both brakes (rim/disc) tend to fading Discs have more brake power but you don't drive at top speed on the play court...

If you play every now and then I recommend rim brakes but if you have the budget for discs + fork + disc hub/wheel - go for it.

Disc brakes are very dangerous, and prone to damage. Correctly dialed good brakes will stop you quite well (and yes, if you're a good player you will be riding quickly out there.)

Using a rim brake will allow spares or swaps if you encounter damage (which eventually in polo, will occur.)

Depends on your bike, but a nice double pivot caliper, linear, shorty v, or if you're using a freestyle frame u's are all good and will stop you quick when set up right with a decent lever and proper cabling.

• 2 weeks later...