Bicyclettes

canice

It's not that I expect everyone to take up being a committed, everyday cyclist immediately, but I do think that's a very sad outlook going in.

It's a bike, not a spouse. You CAN commit without negative repercussion. Riding a bike is something you can do your whole life, which isn't something you can say for much.

Get something you'll like.

Hey guys, how's biking in NYC? I'm moving there in a month or so for about six months, and wondering whether to bring my bike down.

How's traffic? Theft? Laws? General biking conditions?

On one hand, I feel like bringing my bike down might be a hassle; on the other hand, walking everywhere seems silly.

I am sorry if this has been discussed in this thread before, but it wouldn't have been the type of thing I'd notice (till now).

You're moving to NY in the summer and you're not sure if you should bring your bike? I'm confused :(

Just because it's summer, doesn't mean he won't have to be worried about bike theft.

From what I've read, bike laws in NY are funky as hell. If you're gonna bring a bike, know all the laws and take all the extra safety precautions. Because you don't want to see a bike locked cut, and your bike missing. Because of both the city and thiefs.

Also, traffic is different. If you're not used to the whole fast paced city biking, and are used to bike lanes and paths, you may be in for a treat.

I'm not from NY, nor have I biked there, but from what I've gathered from the years, that's what I can come up with.

Hey guys, how's biking in NYC? I'm moving there in a month or so for about six months, and wondering whether to bring my bike down.

On one hand, I feel like bringing my bike down might be a hassle; on the other hand, walking everywhere seems silly.

I am sorry if this has been discussed in this thread before, but it wouldn't have been the type of thing I'd notice (till now).

If you're used to riding in Toronto then you'll be fine.

Toronto biking can be pretty hectic. Definitely do not live in Suburbia. I would say from my experience of NY, most of the areas where I bike are like Brooklyn (lots of side streets), while downtown can be very similar to what I imagine Manhattan to be like.

Toronto has also been known for being the bike theft capital of the world.

However these are things I'm used to. Even though they are the same issues, I wonder how they'll feel when I get there.

Depends heavily on where in NYC. You talking Manhattan or outer boroughs?

Manhattan traffic is hectic... cars will cut you just to wait @ a fucking solid RED light

NYC is/was the capital of bike thefts in the US...

GENERALLY if you lock your bike outside for short periods of time... its not a problem... but overnight, you'll find your shit missing... odds are, you'll never find it again...

get a Kryptonite NYC lock... its a good deterrent... though it can still be clipped with a 48" bolt cutter

Bike laws? what stuntastic said... funky as hell...

Even if you didn't violate any law, cops will write you up anyway, and make you waste your time getting it dismissed...

the roads are ehhhh.. shit load of potholes still not filled yet since the snowstorms...

But besides that... biking in NYC is fun... i ride to work everyday... only got clipped twice, and nearly doored like 50 times... all good

VERGMkMTOwQ

Hey guys, just wanting to get some info on how about do I rent a bike in Paris? Anyone had any past experience? What is required and how much does it cost per day?

I will be in paris for 3 days and lyon for 2 days. Figured whats best to see the city other than on a bike.

Can any ladies or gents help?

Cheers

Rez