Bicyclettes

canice

i think i saved that picture once too. ive been wanting that box rim rear and deep bubble walled front (shamal/vento/tecno) steez for some time.

but now i want dark rim silver spoke matching set. im getting old :\

whats that seat tube angle end up being on that curvy one? seems laaaaaaid back.

good lord, i might have to put brakes on my bianchi pista soon. my knee can't handle it anymore.

can anyone suggest a fairly good but cheap brake for me?

Gear might be a little high. Should be no higher than the mid 70's". Also, make sure you're doin the lil' hops every half-rotation to stop, not just trying to resist, you'll blow your patellas out.

Attaboy.

Weaving the idea of moving to Austin and taking the opposite parts of the year off. So, no riding now when it's 110º, cause mid-30's in the winter gives me quarterstaff.

I'm not a great road rider, I commute all week. Took my road bike out today at noon and I think I almost died from the heat (7). No bonk but it felt like my body was faking a panic/anxiety attack and wouldn't stop till I found some shade.

Sucks.

Gear might be a little high. Should be no higher than the mid 70's". Also, make sure you're doin the lil' hops every half-rotation to stop, not just trying to resist, you'll blow your patellas out.

thanks for the tip but i might need some video tutorials.

like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewhWYqqIXb0?

Truck showed 113 when I got dropped off at it. 113 fuckin degrees on the road. Ridiculous.

That's correct, I had to call my g/f to come pick me up. She finished with the group. 70mi yesterday and I didn't recover well at all. Ran out of water on today's ride, and started cramping like I have never cramped before at about mi 35. 39/23 for about 4mi to a CVS. Sit there a few mins, getting the HR under control. Down a liter of water and some crackers. Try to get back on bike and leg decides to cramp. Again.

I'm willing to skip riding when it's so hot you can get goosebumps... in the heat. It's been proven to be minimally productive to training anyhow.

Cramps and salt intake are closely related. Above 35ºC, with effort, you're sweating out about 1000mg of salts per hour. It is not possible to intake that level safely, but I believe the range of desired intake is between 30-50% of that.

Clif bars and the like have balanced nutrient levels if you are already eating those it helps, otherwise if you get issues like yours, it is best to super-hydrate and go old-school; Gatorade or some pickles.

Might want some Platypus "bottles" for extra water storage in these hot months dude!

curious - how come you upgraded to 105 component group but didn't get the integrated shifters? Downtown shifters are classic and all but having the shifters inside the brake housing is really really convenient. It changed my life when I got those...

The Suntour VX rear derailleur on my ancient beater bike is pretty much shot.

Any recommendations for a good rear derailleur? Has to work with friction shifters and a 6-speed rear freewheel/sprocket set.

I have an extra one that's still rad I think. Otherwise I have a 105 that's good too. Any derailler at all will work on that bike. PM me about it.

VX's are actually really nice kit. I've even made one shift very very well with 9-speed STI's.

That Peugeot is Indurain/Motorola era, so it would have been competing with full aluminum bikes with aluminum forks that rode like shit but were a lot lighter and were the hot shit at the time; I.E.-not that many sold. You should ride with the brake releases all the way open or all the way closed though. Under hard braking if they're half open, they can open all the way, leading to unexpected braking effects! I've done it, on the rear only though where it's common for people to open up a little if brakes start rubbin from wheelflex/untrue.

I promise a photo dump from the polo tourney, y'all. Gotta get some headset spacers to make my bike ride again right now, but I think the new fork is gonna handle way better and keep me up offa my feet.

Not that I think we'll be competitive with half the team at Camp Bisco on Friday and the other half drunk.