Bicyclettes

canice

Got hella sunburned today doing this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=181st+street+and+fort+washington,+ny+ny&daddr=4223+Glenwood+Road,+New+York,+NY+11210&hl=en&geocode=FexVbwIdisqX-ylbwUHmoPbCiTG_WZdHOewqOQ%3BFbMJbAIdRdWX-yEnZWHdWmd_oilhLPb7qVzCiTFTn84s5IIrew&mra=pr&dirflg=b&sll=40.742835,-73.97438&sspn=0.230984,0.528374&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12&lci=bike

Almost round-trip. got lazy towards the end and hopped on the A at 125th.

Also realized I never posted any photos of my bike on here. Ignore the seat - it's a temporary replacement until my an-atomica comes in the mail.

img6620s.jpg

When are you going to pick up some cycling shoes, blm? Lake makes up to a 50, which is huge, as their 45 or 45,5 is a 12, so at least a 15 or so...

Just realized I DO still have a want for another (grail) road bike when I saw a rare-ass steel Cervelo in real life.... with flat pedals w/ reflectors. UGH.

There's a reason other than price that I'm against it. I ride just about everywhere when the weather permits, and it would be impractical to haul around a change of shoes wherever I go. I mean I ride that thing to NJ to go grocery shopping, and to the lower east side for a night out, or to brooklyn to shop for records, to work every day, etc.

Unless there are "normal shoes" that have clips I am going to stick with toe cages. Besides which, prior to clipless pedals EVERYONE used toe clips, even pros, so it's not like they don't do the job.

I'd rather ride big, BMX pedals than clips any longer. Your argument is fine, and I won't dissuade you, but I do that too, and train, on my bike with road pedals and road shoes which don't even walk as well as MTB shoes and pedals.

Marresi's Eroica is a very, very nice shoe that looks like gents footwear. You can walk quite comfortably in shoes like these, as one often has to hike over uneven ground quite long distances when mountain biking.

Also, even when all riders were using toe clips for 90 years, there were still stiff-soled, cycling specific shoes under them with cleats attached! Hell, using clipless isn't even modern, they've been around 35 years!

Just trying to help, if you're set in your ways, fine. You've been willing to adopt carbon fiber and having only a couple of spokes, I would think that you might want a go at the thing that adds the most enjoyment to riding a bike; a solid, comfortable and light connection to the pedals. I'm much more keen to ride a clipless-equipped bike in sneakers (as I've often done) or attach the clipless-clip-in-platforms to ride in conventional shoes than not have them and sacrifice.

where should i look for a good functional rain jacket? saw a gore bikewear jacket at the shop but wanted to know if i should check out anything else. also no homo, but recommendations on underwear? my boxer briefs ain't doin so well...