Bicyclettes

canice

I was totally sprung on that Cinelli Rapha stainless number when I thought it had ISP; but it's a high cost and long lead (if you can even believe what's stated...) for ultimately something a bit dated, simply for some esoteric steel.

An incredibly light steel bike does sound like a pipe-dream for Joe-racer, though.

I just tried on a new pair of Bont's and unfortunately they won't fit, seems they can't get sizing consistent no matter what ! :( What a well made shoe though... light, stiff, fantastically formed upper and durable materials. Sooooo sad....

I won't call it a build again because I wouldn't want to make Tom mad, but I switched my bike up quite a bit this Spring. Basically, after riding the same bike for 3+ years you start to get tired of it. So each year I buy new parts to keep me stoked and to keep from wanting a new bike. This year, I turned my IRO group buy frame into a townie bike. It’s still missing a rack, but soon enough. It’s been a lot more fun to ride and is way more practical in its current setup. Today I rode around my neighborhood in Greenpoint, Brooklyn and took a few flicks with the point & shoot.

DSC04053.jpg

DSC04065.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

For comparison, a picture taken last Spring.

pdxintro2.jpg

Too big.

Their sizing is inconsistent since they started making bike shoes, though I don't know why. The shop I bought them from is sold out of other sizes. The last is really, really good. I can't comment on fit or volume since the ones I got in the "correct" size are a size too big.

bummer, bike shoe sizing can be weird, you might wanna check bonktown, they have bont shoes every once in a while

they have a pretty good return policy too if they don't fit

Are you running it fixed or freewheelin' it?

Been meaning to put together my Pista again for the same purposes... But I'm lazy :\

Coasting, with what might be the loudest freewheel ever. So rad being able to bunny hop over shit and especially fun flying past fixed geared friends going downhill. :D

May flip the wheel back around when I finish up my ss mtb, but I'm enjoying it as is for now.

Box rims on that bike would be livin easy.

Indeed. I've been keeping my eyes peeled. If a used set pops up for the right price, it'll be hard to pass up. But for now, these function just fine, albeit a little heavy, but they have proven themselves to be pretty bombproof. I had considered polishing them, but fuck that.

looks good! i have somewhat similar bars on my iro, but they don't swoop back as far. same saddle too

i'll try to post a pic after work

crappy pic, but you get the idea

kinda wanna change out the grips and wrap the bars... but i'm lazy. my co-worker was going to give me some new pedals too. i still need to get some proofide for the saddle

2011-03-15175046.jpg

Guest SiKEEE

I kind of overestimated the durability of my tires && I totally skidded right through it after a couple hills....

I was wondering if you guys can recommend any good durable tires. Under $35 would be awesome, I'm a poor college student LOL