Bicyclettes

canice

^yeah... they'll drive really close to u just to fuck with you... and scream out some random obscenities as they pass u by....

bought a pos schwinn helmet for the 5 boro bike tour... prolly shud get a better/nicer looking one to buse on the regular...

who in the area wants to go riding thurs, fri or sun before it gets hella gross next week?

I'll probably be riding around the east village most of sunday. Holla if you see an ugly gray iron horse with bright ass bar tape

Alright guys, I'm shelling out money for a road bike but I got a big problem with geometry.

I have a 30-31 inseam, but my torso is quite a bit longer than what normal 54/52 bikes have. Do you guys have any suggestions for frames, or older frames (ebay hunting). Thanks.

Well, I don't mean to bring you down, but that's a crazy can of worms and seat angle plays a big part, as does head tube length.

Best just go along with what works for you most of the time. If you need a 140mm stem or a 35mm setback post, so be it.

Treks, Lemonds, and many other American brands tend to have longer top tubes for a given "size." True Italian frames have relatively short top tubes. Belgian frames have wicked high bottom brackets.

How much dya think something like that typically costs for frame/fork?

A couple of my friends had their frames powdercoated, I think it cost 300 bucks for both, and one had some braze ons taken down and smoothed. I'd guess 150-200 for frame and a fork? Your mileage may vary, this wasn't at a powdercoating place it was just some guy in a car shop who did it on the side. Also in a suburb of Vancouver.

e: I guess clear should be the same price as a colour. Maybe email Rivindell bikes, they get clear powdercoats somewhere and claim good results.