Bicyclettes

canice

Polish them! Unbuilt, of course. You'd probably want to have them with either paint or contact Velocity for an unfinished pair.

Easier choice would be the box section rims that are available polished already, but I think you want to tarck. 400, 800, 1000, 2000+polishing compound. (Grits; or black, red, white polishing compounds sequentially from a buffing wheel.)

Trial and error, sadly.

Fi'zik's are overrated, for sure, no offense to those on the boat with those. Either they work for you or they don't.

My only firm advice is don't get anything too squishy. If something isn't comfortable it's the shape, not the lack of cushioning. Firmer will be more comfortable, but shape defines comfort for the user.

This week sucked on campus.

Saw a dude either get killed or almost get killed on his bike Monday. He was motionless in a pool of blood for a good 15 minutes.

Today, my bike got jacked while in class for an hour. Got jacked while locked to a rail on the 2nd floor of a very public study area. Would've thought it'd be too much effort to take from that spot.

There's a security camera inside the building facing where I locked up, so hopefully that got caught on tape.

yea i have no idea why the fizik arione is so popular. i have a ti one and hate it. definitely an overrated saddle.

the specialized toupe is very popular, so check that out. the new specialized romin is supposedly comfortable too.

i like selle italia turbomatic 1 & 3 and the flite.

there are many seats out there and it will take time and money to figure out. try to test ride your friends or find a shop that will let you test ride different saddles.

just finished putting my new commuter all back together. first time rebuilding a bike, did bearings on the headset, bb, and hubs. cleaned and regreased everything. new tape, cables, pedals and clips. a few tweaks left to be done and i'm gonna need some fenders and lights but im riding it like this for now

its an Apollo club sport, made by kuwahara

tange 900

shimano 600 except for the rear derailleur which is 105

16iwfio.jpg

thanks to those that rercommended the GR-9s. i love them

Today, my bike got jacked while in class for an hour. Got jacked while locked to a rail on the 2nd floor of a very public study area. Would've thought it'd be too much effort to take from that spot.

There's a security camera inside the building facing where I locked up, so hopefully that got caught on tape.

Wow that sucks. What did you lock it with? I've learned that people wont say shit to bike thieves. I had a guy come up to me when my bike was stolen and say "man i saw the dude head towards your bike as soon as you walked off"

Cable only, I had forgotten my U in a rush that day. Some shitty luck on my part.

I was still pretty iffy about it, but thought my lock-up location would be fine. It was in the most public of places, in front of a camera and there were fucking flights stairs that this jackass had to go through to make a getaway.

To the average person, a guy going up to a bike, cutting a cable, and riding out doesn't look very much different from it's real owner unlocking it. And if they do notice, they really won't do shit. I asked plenty of people that were sitting right next to it the three hours I was gone and they claimed they didn't notice. WTF?