Bicyclettes

canice

was thinking about getting my first road bike this spring. will be using it for mostly working out and cruising around on the weekends etc.

anyways, i noticed that some of the raleigh's come with a brooks saddle, which i've seen in the leather evo thread. they can turn out really cool after some wear. can one pull off this saddle using a road bike for fitness purposes?

idk, maybe it's just me but it seems inconsistent.

what's a good fixed gear frame for tricking on? i just need a beater. i have a commuter already.

you slept on my surly bunghole :(

oh well

surly steamroller isnt bad buy... prices around 300-400 (with a headset)

i'd say get threadless (my stores carry more threadless equipment than threaded)

I have a noob question but I have a kilo TT and I know it has a flip flop hub but there isn't a cog on the other side of the hub for freewheel. So do I just move the cog over to the other side when I flip the backwheel or do I have to buy a cog that is meant for freewheel?

you can get the rings separately

ive been a total peasant and running some shitty-ass truvativ cranks so i had to get these jawns for the spring.

had to replace the BB too.

it's okay. i can ball cause i just sold some textbooks and made like 600 dollars.

I'm still waiting for this thread to stop alternating between a post or two of cool interesting stuff and 3 pages of previous level fixed gear forum type questions and discussions.

Anyone on here ride or know much about WWII-Era or prior military style bikes, or just rugged, utilitarian bikes from that time-frame. I am in the beginning stages of trying to find a grocery fetching, heavy load hauling, lights and fenders having rider that will also look nice. A huge positive would be anything with all these characteristics but still old enough to be fixed. Thanks in advance for anyone with good info.

Go with silver/polished. So classy.

I'm still waiting for this thread to stop alternating between a post or two of cool interesting stuff and 3 pages of previous level fixed gear forum type questions and discussions.

Anyone on here ride or know much about WWII-Era or prior military style bikes, or just rugged, utilitarian bikes from that time-frame. I am in the beginning stages of trying to find a grocery fetching, heavy load hauling, lights and fenders having rider that will also look nice. A huge positive would be anything with all these characteristics but still old enough to be fixed. Thanks in advance for anyone with good info.

Was kind of looking into getting a Swiss Army bicycle a while back. Don't know if you're looking for that certain style frame, but it def. fits your criteria.

CLICK and CLICK

mo5.jpg?w=500&h=375

Yeah there's actually an old collector I know, so he's got it all from the 1860's through now. Those Mid-century bikes (or prior) are usually heavy as shit, ALL steel (including stems, posts, cranks, etc.) and soft, straight gauge steel.

There are exceptions, and there are lighter antique bikes, but for the most part, bikes were pretty long and heavy, and might be clever instead of light or useful.

A single or three-speed cruiser or roadster would be perfect though. There are many options, and I'm inclined to say pick on looks and usefulness over getting nitpicky over design or features when selecting a bike of this vintage, though. My girl just got a '38 roadster with steel everything, oil ports and chrome rims and it's real light.... but I whanged a pretty bent chainstay straight again with light rubber hammer taps...? OI!

are the messenger rings even sold separately? i remember wanting to grab one awhile back and they only came with the cranks. the regular zen ones are like $100+ ayeeee. i just got a 44t mighty comp for $35.

I know I've seen one for sale, but it was like $95...? Crazy. Anyway, I'm strictly 3/32" these days, so I don't fidget about this kind of chainring cost bizzarritude when it comes to track rings. WTFFF